• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I know it's not much but at least it's something:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Madridista:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Ship - 2 Pack Gift -- MB-676544BDF6CE0ABE - Taken by electroflame. 8 entrants total.

t1403662495z1.png

MikeDown

Banned
You still have 4 hours:

DniVaxp.png

So I'm giving away one of the games in the banner above, which one though is a mystery.

Instructions/Rules/Stuff for participants:

-If you would like to take part in this give away you must draw a picture depicting the chaos of the Steam Summer Sale.

- You can rush it or take your time, the deadline is 10:41 PST; giving you about nine hours or so. (Also if someone could come up with some sort of countdown clock that I could embed that would be awesome!)

- When you post your artwork in the thread, please PM a link to your post so I keep track of everyone's submissions.

- I will not be judging, I'm leaving that job up to my sister. Here is her steam profile if you want to bribe her: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lordpooky :p

- Sometime after 9:41, I will post here letting people know who one and then I will gift that person the game over Steam.

Hopefully it will be fun and plenty straight forward. And if I have money after buying my new monitor and speakers then I will do some more of these before the sale ends, because having one game to give away originally wasn't my intention. EDIT: Also I will be reposting this throughout the day.

t1403678400z4.png

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Holy hell Far Cry 3 started wearing out its welcome early. I am collecting pieces to a compass to find some knife. Not sure how many hours I have played, maybe 12-15, but I don't know that I want to play much more. I have what seems to be all the guns, maxed out most of the relevant pouches, lots of the skills. It just feels so boring at this point. I did the pot field mission, I think I might be good.

Anustart

Wolf Among Us is pretty great so far. I think this has the potential to beat out walking dead, though I'm not done with the first episode yet.

mrgone

NOOOO!!!! Don't tell me this... I was actually about to look up some youtube stuff on it.

I think it's still worth a look eventually, but I'm going to wait on it even if the group wins the community vote. Seems very much like a game that'll end up in a bundle or a 90% sale at some point in the not-to-distant future

Hugstable

Banned
Reposting for new hour so others can get a chance.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dark Souls -- MB-78845AAE2CDE5942

t1403668574z1.png

Community choices not my taste, voted for Delver anyway for you gaf.

Actually wanted to buy Killing Floor but whoa, it has sooo much dlc. Game+DLC is more than double the price, ridicilous. No buy this time.

And Battlefront sounds also nice but with the servers going down, I am not sure.
Good to know. Still, not this sale. Maybe next one. Got enough for now.
Waiting for Bad Company2+Vietnam, Battelfield2, GTA4Complete and couple more.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Award for most insufferable protagonist in an adventure game easily goes to this guy:

ibyDypKUhSh7AN.jpg

The only thing that allowed people not suffering from hearing loss to complete the game with any game sound was Daedalic allowing players to mute the main character.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Didn't Steam always used to have these massive publisher bundle sales? Do they not do that anymore or am I just not looking in the right places?

Well, let's take a look at the massive publishers that are left. THQ was always the biggest, they're gone. Valve still puts a Valve pack on sale with Half Life most of the time. EA and Ubisoft would rather sell games on their own storefront. It would probably make money for Sega, so that counts them out. Activision doesn't make games anymore.

hort

Neo Member
I just got a steam wallet card from best buy with the deathadder deal that was going on today but when I went to scratch the numbers off and accidentally gouged out one of the letters.

The steam FAQ says take it to the store to return it....I know from my experience in retail that returning a card with the back scratched already can be difficult. Had anyone had any experience with this? Can steam support help me instead?

yuraya

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Legend of Dungeon -- MB-3B6D15597ECE1AC1 - Taken by Troblin. 11 entrants total.
Journey of a Roach -- MB-B9905CA516355639 - Taken by Seaklng. 5 entrants total.
Mechanic Escape -- MB-349172DACA2ACAF8 - Taken by SalsaShark. 4 entrants total.
Antisquad -- MB-4BA2081D0F20F9F2 - Taken by adriano999. 2 entrants total.

t1403662936z1.png

Also Millennium still available here First come first serve.

Wensih

I think it's still worth a look eventually, but I'm going to wait on it even if the group wins the community vote. Seems very much like a game that'll end up in a bundle or a 90% sale at some point in the not-to-distant future

No you're definitely right. Thanks very much for the the looking out man. I've done a little bit of research on it, and it looks pretty disappointing from user reviews and youtube although a lot of people are wondering if there is more to the game; I think that might be mostly do to the fact that it seems extremely bare bones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom