• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Get in there

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Call of Juarez Gunslinger -- MB-9A12644A7C8957B2 - Taken by maneil99

Made some mistakes with the first Giveaway, so here's a second try.

Giveaway is here.

Also, since this'll catch more eyes: Anyone care to buy Killing Floor from US store and gift it to me? Of course, I am going to pay you with Paypal.
My usual Trader is not available at the moment and probably not before the deal is over. So I am in a bind. Grief recommended me this game, so I'd kinda want it.
Thanks Gaf

Derp

~ Day 6 ~

Still no sign of Dust... Many here are losing hope. I don't blame them. No one even knows how to vote anymore. This is what the lack of Dust does to you. There's a storm comin'. I don't know how much longer I will survive this. Dust is... Out only hope.

DSix

Banned
Here we go again:
ModBot said:
Instructions for DSix:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Cave Story Plus -- MB-679865C8BBB476B6 - Taken by Melhisedek. 6 entrants total.
header_292x136.jpg

F.E.A.R. 2 -- MB-5763B50634B3C5B3 - Taken by Seaklng. 12 entrants total.

t1403664671z1.png

I'm still on the fence for Splinter Cell Blacklist, is there any way to know if the Spy vs Merc mode isn't dead?

Deitus

I was about to pick up Metro 2033 for $3, but then I see that if you own the game you can preorder the Redux version for 50% off ($12.50).

Since I have never played the series before, do you guys think it is worth paying basically 5 times more for the Redux version? What about for Last Light (since the same deal applies there)?

Pachimari

Thanks for the help about the modbot stuff. Go get this one:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Madridista:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Metro 2033 -- MB-55E606AFB61498B2 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 5 entrants total.

t1403664924z1.png

I voted for Pixel Graphics - Rogue-like because:

1. I HATE point-and-click games. HATE.
2. Delver looks cool.
3. Everyone should play Super Amazing Wagon Adventure at least once, and at that price? Why not.
4. Why the fuck isn't Risk Of Rain in there for silly money? (Not actually a reason.)

No, thank God, or I'd have to hurt somebody.

Random giveaway time!
ibgfaFqnLB4KBO.gif

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.

Risk of Rain -- MB-B4842527A970EA78 - Taken by dot. 34 entrants total.

t1403664873z1.png

Fracas

#fuckonami
YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS
Thanks bud, Can't wait to play it, will post tons of screens in the PC thread, game looks gorgeous

It's a fantastic game. Totally came out of nowhere for me. And yeah the art direction is sublime

Pachimari

I'm too lazy to redo this one, so take it away:

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Hexcells Plus -- MB-CBE5D0A1AE755CFE - Taken by Mr.Awesome. 1 entrants total.

t1403664228z1.png

Rayman Legends is the best seller wight now, that makes me happy.

Feel free to add me on Uplay (and Steam) If you're going to play it.

Steam/Uplay/PSN/Origin/GFWL ID: MadrugadorDG

Wait, where is Rayman Legends on sale? I can't even find it in the Steam store.

Edit: Nevermind. It's not available in my region :(

3phemeral

Hmm... Is there a limit to what free games you can redeem on GoG? First time I've used the site and I was under the assumption that there would be a free game given away every 2 hours (I could be mistaken). After getting Torchlight, when the page refreshed, there wasn't any additional free game. Is it how I'm assuming it works, or am I missing something?

Beelzebubs

Hmm... Is there a limit to what free games you can redeem on GoG? First time I've used the site and I was under the assumption that there would be a free game given away every 2 hours (I could be mistaken). After getting Torchlight, when the page refreshed, there wasn't any additional free game. Is it how I'm assuming it works, or am I missing something?

They're doing 4 giveaways over a 24 hour period, I'd imagine the next one would be in 3ish hours.

Pachimari

Let's do a 5th giveaway for the new page. I love GAF, that's all.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

RollerCoaster Tycoon: Deluxe -- MB-67AE67772A3138CC - Taken by Tetrasides. 36 entrants total.

t1403665375z1.png

Chavelo

What is the maximum amount of credit cards that you can use on Steam before you get locked out of using cards? I've gotten two of the M&Ms gift cards, I don't want to use anymore if I'm gonna be locked out for the rest of the sale. :/

zkylon

zkylewd
Has Vampire: The Masquerade aged well?
yup

like, it looks ok for my taste and it plays exactly as bad as it did back in the day (tho mods fix a lot of bugs).

but you know, you don't play it for the visceral action, it's just a fine rpg, think maybe like alpha protocol or something in like bad action gameplay great choice & consequence, characters, etc.

it's also a fantastic rendition of the p&p games, i loved all the references and shit

Shadownet

Banned
So I can't verify my stupid debit card because I entered the amount wrong.

Now it's saying You have already made the maximum number of verification attempts.

IS there anything I can do?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
dang last door is only going to be $2.50 on the steam sale (WHEN it wins) but GoG for $10 comes with mp3 and FLAC soundtrack... damn.

oh boy all these late night give aways! So to change the topic a bit, are there any specific games anyone is waiting for to be a daily/flash that hasn't yet occurred or missed a daily/flash and is hoping for a repeat? Personally I'm hoping Blood Dragon goes on sale again, I was trying to just hold out on it since I have plenty of other games to play but I'm in the mood for a FPS and Blood Dragon looks pretty dope. 2 games that I'm waiting for that have yet to have a steeper discount though is Always Sometimes Monsters and King Auther's Gold.

Mozendo

I voted for rogue-likes without looking at the name.
The fact that they're not named rogue-lites gets on my nerves.
Super Wagon Adventure doesn't even look like an RPG
Yargh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom