• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

oh boy all these late night give aways! So to change the topic a bit, are there any specific games anyone is waiting for to be a daily/flash that hasn't yet occurred or missed a daily/flash and is hoping for a repeat?
SiN:Emergence getting a discount is basically all I'm hoping for =p

oh boy all these late night give aways! So to change the topic a bit, are there any specific games anyone is waiting for to be a daily/flash that hasn't yet occurred or missed a daily/flash and is hoping for a repeat? Personally I'm hoping Blood Dragon goes on sale again, I was trying to just hold out on it since I have plenty of other games to play but I'm in the mood for a FPS and Blood Dragon looks pretty dope. 2 games that I'm waiting for that have yet to have a steeper discount though is Always Sometimes Monsters and King Auther's Gold.

I've been waiting for Double Dragon Neon to get cheap.

I want to buy a two-pack and record playing it with my friend.

So I can't verify my stupid debit card because I entered the amount wrong.

Now it's saying You have already made the maximum number of verification attempts.

IS there anything I can do?

pick up some steam cards at gamestop or bestbuy? I just checked now and they don't sell just the code unfortunately .

Yakkue

Why Ubi, why? I would have bought and Rabbits and Origins, if all were -75%. Slightly disappointed now.

I wanted Origins as well =/ Wonder why they didn't discount it with Legends..
For those who played both Origins and Legends, which would you recommend more?

dot

Risk of Rain -- MB-B4842527A970EA78 - Taken by dot. 34 entrants total.

mV3Wb14.gif

Finally!

onionfrog

oh boy all these late night give aways! So to change the topic a bit, are there any specific games anyone is waiting for to be a daily/flash that hasn't yet occurred or missed a daily/flash and is hoping for a repeat? Personally I'm hoping Blood Dragon goes on sale again, I was trying to just hold out on it since I have plenty of other games to play but I'm in the mood for a FPS and Blood Dragon looks pretty dope. 2 games that I'm waiting for that have yet to have a steeper discount though is Always Sometimes Monsters and King Auther's Gold.
I'm waiting for a few things to show up in a daily or flash:
-Resident Evil games
-The Banner Saga
-Volgarr the Viking
-Ikaruga
-Valdis Story
... And the Dark Souls 2 season pass! (I hope, I bought the game on release)

EDIT: and Double Dragon Neon. I'm so pissed arcade games lost that community vote!

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
What is the maximum amount of credit cards that you can use on Steam before you get locked out of using cards? I've gotten two of the M&Ms gift cards, I don't want to use anymore if I'm gonna be locked out for the rest of the sale. :/

I used 2 m&ms gifts cards before I got locked out. After the using the 1st card I was still able to sell and buy cards but after the second one they locked me out of the market.

yup

like, it looks ok for my taste and it plays exactly as bad as it did back in the day (tho mods fix a lot of bugs).

but you know, you don't play it for the visceral action, it's just a fine rpg, think maybe like alpha protocol or something in like bad action gameplay great choice & consequence, characters, etc.

it's also a fantastic rendition of the p&p games, i loved all the references and shit

I've been hearing so much about it and after I bought Alpha Protocol (another old game I should've played) I thought why not :p But I hate the pricing on EU side :( It seems that it is a lot cheaper on US or the Enhanced Steam is lying to me

Shadownet

Banned
pick up some steam cards at gamestop or bestbuy? I just checked now and they don't sell just the code unfortunately .

The weird thing is that I can use my debit card to get money into my steam wallet. I just cant use either the steam wallet money or the debit card to buy cards from the Marketplace. thats some BS.

Dryk

I don't know, never got around to playing the copy I got in some bundle or other.

Normally I'd say it's hard to go wrong for a dollar but it's got an insane amount of Dlc so if you aren't planning to play it any time soon it might be worth waiting for it to get bundled again
The DLC is all cosmetic except for the expansion pack and the soundtrack

I'm waiting for a few things to show up in a daily or flash:
-Resident Evil games
-The Banner Saga
-Volgarr the Viking
-Ikaruga
-Valdis Story
... And the Dark Souls 2 season pass! (I hope, I bought the game on release)
Ah yea, you reminded me I want to pick up that Resident Evil game with Jill in it(i think its revelations). My friend whom played it on the 3ds said its pretty solid but you can't aim and move in that version so I didn't get it. I think not allowing you to move during aiming is such a dumb decision >_>
I've been waiting for Double Dragon Neon to get cheap.

I want to buy a two-pack and record playing it with my friend.
ah, wasn't that game in 1 of the packs for the community vote?

I voted for rogue-likes without looking at the name.
The fact that they're not named rogue-lites gets on my nerves.
Super Wagon Adventure doesn't even look like an RPG
Yargh
Yeah, I'm about to sound real elitist, but the blatant misuse of the term "roguelike" over the years by people who have only vaguely heard of the genre but never actually played one is really bugging me. It's mostly coming from people who seemingly have heard that roguelikes are hard and random, but don't know anything beyond that. So they apply the term to any game that has permadeath and a sense of randomization.

But that's not all of what a roguelike is! That's just a game with permadeath and randomization. And not everything with those needs to be grouped together just because it has them.

hawk2025

Hi everyone! My first ever giveaway, and it's a game that's near and dear to my heart since playing it on the 360, that I really hope more people play!

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for hawk2025:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Adventures of Shuggy -- MB-9361671430699A72 - Taken by _hekk05. 8 entrants total.

t1403666077z1.png

It's a seriously awesome little platformer with a ton of creative levels and clever twists on the base gameplay. It even has neat boss battles, different areas, co-op, the works.

Pachimari

All this Fallout talk makes me wanna do a raffle:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Madridista:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fallout: New Vegas -- MB-60C1A54F5E09E738 - Taken by Melhisedek. 28 entrants total.

t1403666049z1.png

And now I get this message when I try to buy from Steam with my Steam Wallet:

"There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

Why is that?

dot

DniVaxp.png

So I'm giving away one of the games in the banner above, which one though is a mystery.

Instructions/Rules/Stuff for participants:

-If you would like to take part in this give away you must draw a picture depicting the chaos of the Steam Summer Sale.

- You can rush it or take your time, the deadline is 10:41 PST; giving you about nine hours or so. (Also if someone could come up with some sort of countdown clock that I could embed that would be awesome!)

- When you post your artwork in the thread, please PM a link to your post so I keep track of everyone's submissions.

- I will not be judging, I'm leaving that job up to my sister. Here is her steam profile if you want to bribe her: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lordpooky :p

- Sometime after 9:41, I will post here letting people know who one and then I will gift that person the game over Steam.

Hopefully it will be fun and plenty straight forward. And if I have money after buying my new monitor and speakers then I will do some more of these before the sale ends, because having one game to give away originally wasn't my intention. EDIT: Also I will be reposting this throughout the day.

t1403678400z4.png

I call this masterpiece....Sonic Adventure 3: Sonic's Revengeance and the Gabe of Thrones
This took me 3 hours to do.

The weird thing is that I can use my debit card to get money into my steam wallet. I just cant use either the steam wallet money or the debit card to buy cards from the Marketplace. thats some BS.

oh man that sucks, I wouldn't even bother filling aticket since they're so slow. They really need to fix their customer support. Uhhh, what about creating another account and gifting games to your main account?(using steam pre paid cards or paypal)

Mokoi

Banned
And now I get this message when I try to buy from Steam with my Steam Wallet:

"There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

Why is that?

I got the same problem. After someone else mentioned it I am pretty sure it's because of a hung paypal payment. It will sort itself out after a while.

Shadownet

Banned
oh man that sucks, I wouldn't even bother filling aticket since they're so slow. They really need to fix their customer support. Uhhh, what about creating another account and gifting games to your main account?(using steam pre paid cards or paypal)

can I gift cards? I need to get 4 more summer cards to complete my set!

Anilusion

Picked up Call of Juarez and I've been enjoying it so far. The somewhat cartoony look is annoying me though, is it possible to do anything about that?

mrgone

No you're definitely right. Thanks very much for the the looking out man. I've done a little bit of research on it, and it looks pretty disappointing from user reviews and youtube although a lot of people are wondering if there is more to the game; I think that might be mostly do to the fact that it seems extremely bare bones.

I was right there with you! It looked like this amazing Space Quest / The Dig inspired adventure, but after a little digging turns out to be something a little less exciting. Still looking forward to spending a hot half-hour with it when it's cheap, though :) Hopefully there is some more mystery to it with all the weird symbols and such, but the music and atmosphere are still nice enough to warrant a play through. Might even buy that soundtrack at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom