• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the prompt, I don't see it :/

6giCzZW.png

if it's not there for you then i dunno :/

Eanan

Oh god

Incoming hoards of bandwagon Americans on the "socca" train

Come on Ronnie... Carry this team one last time

neoism

OK WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW after like 10 minutes it loaded my save damn.. glad I'm keeping back ups but WTF are the servers getting shit on with all the new gamers.. :/..

There was comments in that steam post and they had the same problem as me.. :/
Well, my game was working relatively well (other than the error on exit) using workaround 1 until yesterday. Now I'm back to crashing at launch with a white screen. I tried all relevant workarounds listed for a single-monitor Nvidia configuration, have the 337.88 drivers, and cannot seem to resolve the crashing. I also tried verifying the local cache via Steam, re-installing the redistributable packages, re-installing the game files, and re-installing video drivers. Nothing is working so far.

Update: I was able to finally get it working again by running the game in compatibility mode for Windows NT. I'm not sure if this had already been suggested in this thread since I didn't read all 237 pages. Bottom line, having to do obscure workaround crap for a new game is ridiculous
fuck me so not really sure if DMC was even a problem.... shame I uninstalled it already 13gb down the drain... man tomorrow is my birthday this sale has been really bad.. :/ its given me nuffin but hassle :(

Friendly reminder
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Ship Complete Pack -- MB-1B63EE7CF8D6C944

t1403484664z1.png

Effect

Have you played the first game?

If not, it's 3 bucks.

Is it really necessary? Don't want to spend more money then I really need to. The video of the beginning of the game seems to reference the first game but I think I understand what is happening for the most part.

It's definitely worth it. It's a really unique game. At that price, get it.

It was one of my favourite games from last year. Well worth the purchase at that price.

Sounds good so far. It's pretty much a horror game right?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Portugal is as free as the games in my giveaways :(

So after my giveaway I only got 1 PM of a claimed keyfrom modbot. I can repost the others that I didn't get a message were claimed correct?

Want to make sure I'm doing it right.

Just played an 60 minutes of Borderlands 2 and I must say it looks to be an addicting adventure. The guns all have a different feel to it and I like the artstyle. The humour can be off putting for some but I enjoy the silly dialogue.

Worth it for the price IMO.

rtcn63

Okay, so this one time I went to Honeydew Donuts, I ordered some coffee and the barista answers me in Spanish. I replied "Eh?" and she goes, "You don't speak Spanish?!... Me neither, I'm Portuguese!".

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Need a miracle to get through but technically it wasn't a loss I guess >_>

Sigh

tav7623

Bought Blacklight: Tango Down thinking it would have a sp & mp component only to find out there is no sp component (at least as far as I can tell) and that no one plays it online anymore.

Card Boy

Banned
Forgive my ignorance, but what is this key trading business for cheaper games?

Step 1: Go to www.steamtrades.com/
Step 2: Login with your Steam account
Step 3: In the search box in the top right hand corner do a search e.g. "Fall of Cybertron"
Step 4: Select a post for the cheapest deal e.g. This
Step 5: Put in the comments 'Adding for Transformers: Fall of Cybertron'
Step 6: Add the user
Step 7: Trade with user with TF2 keys from the Steam Marketplace
Step 8: Receive and play your game.

Currently TF2 keys are $2.22 a key .5 refers to a Tour of Duty ticket which is $0.95. So all up Fall of Cybertron costs $5.39. Beats paying $15 yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom