• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
what the heck i can't log into steam right now... it says its down

how am i supposed to spend money

edit: false alarm, there it goes.

Tomodachi

So I still have that problem with downloads I had yesterday (downloads starting, then stopping suddenly and not resuming). I thought the old "delete every file on the steam folder except the exe and the steamapp folder" would help but now the updater is acting strange as well. The number of KB downloaded increase but then it goes back all the time. The most it has downloades is like 12MB more or less. It always go back to zero or a little more and gets slower with every try until it just says the updater can't connect to the internet and close itself.
I just read Steam has issues with some wireless adapters and it just so happens I changed mine yesterday, so it really would make sense. I'll try to download with an ethernet cable, see what happens.
Am I fucked? Should I return the wifi usb adapter? It's a D-Link DWA-140, for the record.

Nabs

So I still have that problem with downloads I had yesterday (downloads starting, then stopping suddenly and not resuming). I thought the old "delete every file on the steam folder except the exe and the steamapp folder" would help but now the updater is acting strange as well. The number of KB downloaded increase but then it goes back all the time. The most it has downloades is like 12MB more or less. It always go back to zero or a little more and gets slower with every try until it just says the updater can't connect to the internet and close itself.
I just read Steam has issues with some wireless adapters and it just so happens I changed mine yesterday, so it really would make sense. I'll try to download with an ethernet cable, see what happens.
Am I fucked? Should I return the wifi usb adapter? It's a D-Link DWA-140, for the record.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=34181177&postcount=4

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/864960987088031086/

Copons

someone here made that

Fly'n too?
But is there a list of GAF games somewhere? I'd be interested, as of the couple I've played one, CSD, is like my 201* GOTY forevah, and probably the only game ever I triple dipped in the same year.

I was very pissed with GAF and wanted to leave after getting flamed in the WC thread but this little gift proves that there are still kind and generous members around. Thank you thezez!

Well it depends.
Are you from Uruguay? In that case, you deserve any possible flame, red card and bite.

but seriously, shame on people exceeding any limit when talking about sports-- or videogames for that matter.

uwKc3uq.png

I gotchu, Speevy.

LOL this totally looks like the letters I write to neighbors in Animal Crossing. Doesn't matter how many bitches you put in there, just expect an apple in return.

Oublieux

If you're using a router, I would look into forwarding the ports that Steam requires to function (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8571-GLVN-8711). Additionally, a few games have a really odd update process; an example of this is Payday 2. It will drop to almost 0 kb/sec but it's actually going through the entire Payday 2 folder and scanning its contents to check which files need to be updated. If left alone Payday 2 will eventually update at normal speeds once that's done.

milena87

Grabbed Rayman Legends =D

Alright green should I craft a badge or wait for us to be like #1 or#2 first?

I craft one badge every day just in case. Now even 2nd and 3rd place make sense. And we're still in 3rd place atm, right?

I'll leave the summer badge for the last days of the sale, though.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
It's been in my wishlist, but just a bit ago today I noticed it's 33% off until the end of the sale.

Untitled-1_zps592a4f02.jpg

I'm wondering if the current price is an error or if it'll really stay that way until the 30th. Also, is there a chance for a daily/flash to make it even cheaper?

screw it - after all the positive comments I've been reading about it, thats enough for me to jump in. And get four adventure cards.

edit: Which Serious Sam games are the best? Don't think I'll jump on the bundle, but individual games in the bundle are also heavily discounted, so I might pick up a couple. Have Serious Sam 3:BFE

Toki767

I don't know why I continue to stay up till 2AM for the refresh when I have to wake up at 7:30AM and have plenty of time to buy whatever goes on sale if I want it anyway.

somnific

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Blackwell Legacy -- MB-D34EE3997DABABE8 - Taken by -MD-. 3 entrants total.
Borderlands 2 -- MB-264C44A6C67E2A4D - Taken by hawk2025. 12 entrants total.

t1403682122z1.png

Enjoy!

I think the idea is: use enhanced steam, put $6 into your wallet, choose paypal payment method, within paypal use the prepaid one-use mastercard info.
After that, you can buy something over $6 using combination of wallet and your regular CC.

I bought a 99 cent game first to set paypal to use that card before realizing that I could have just checked primary on the card page.

Then I added $5.01 to funds and it worked.

I'm trying to buy a card and Steam tells me I'm not enabling cookies for the site...even though Chrome settings tells me I'm storing them locally for first and third parties. Anyone experience this problem before?

Shadownet

Banned
I'm playing Metro Last Light right now and I gotta say they got some great titties bouncing physic. Very surprised.

If you played the game. You know which part I'm talking about.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Well it depends.
Are you from Uruguay? In that case, you deserve any possible flame, red card and bite.

but seriously, shame on people exceeding any limit when talking about sports-- or videogames for that matter.

Not from Uruguay, but I am amazed how easy it is for some people to use Football as an excuse to spit out insults for other countries without giving any regard for other members that may be offended. I guess the fact that they're behind a computer screen makes it even easier

Neogaf is a horrible place after all. The Steam community/threads are an exception but everything else is shit

9 Summer cards and thanks to some trading only 1 duplicate. If I had not sold my first duplicate I'd be able to complete the set today. Then again I sold it at around $0.15 more than today's rate and I do need to dig myself out of the booster pack and card hole I put myself in.

I still could complete the badge today if I bother to craft a badge but I only want to craft on winning days (thanks Reds, but maybe that is the plan make the order random) and craft Summer badge on the day it is ready (tomorrow).

I'm trying to buy a card and Steam tells me I'm not enabling cookies for the site...even though Chrome settings tells me I'm storing them locally for first and third parties. Anyone experience this problem before?
Apparently it means the server is clogged. It can also mean you are restricted from the marketplace (it should show this on the main page).

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I don't know why I continue to stay up till 2AM for the refresh when I have to wake up at 7:30AM and have plenty of time to buy whatever goes on sale if I want it anyway.
That's a bit cray. Too little sleep. I need to shut my phone off and fall asleep myself..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom