• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just played 2 hours of Dark Souls and wanted to chime in. Game is amazing, and not actually as hard as it was hyped up to be. You just have to be careful and take your time.

Got owned the 2 times I tried to rush through it. Once by a mob of poisonous rats, and another time by one of the spear dudes. Learned my lesson. Lost a bunch of souls, but I ain't even mad. Just want to go back and play some more.

Running it at 4K with DSFix, and it looks glorious. Thanks Durante!

It gets harder later. Patience won't get you through everything.

kiri

Winning is limited, but you can try for as many as you like and actually want to play. (If you win a game you can't win another for a certain amount of time, don't know the time frame though.)

Hmm I see, thanks. Well I got like 4 or 5 in the first day then nothing since then bar Zeno Clash today. I don't want to sound ungrateful! I just want to make sure I'm not doing something to mess up the bot/discount myself.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Just played 2 hours of Dark Souls and wanted to chime in. Game is amazing, and not actually as hard as it was hyped up to be. You just have to be careful and take your time.

Got owned the 2 times I tried to rush through it. Once by a mob of poisonous rats, and another time by one of the spear dudes. Learned my lesson. Lost a bunch of souls, but I ain't even mad. Just want to go back and play some more.

Running it at 4K with DSFix, and it looks glorious. Thanks Durante!

I would add to that the importance of listening. The game has wonderful sound design, and through that, clues to many a threat coming up if simply paid attention to.

Evo X

It gets harder later. Patience won't get you through everything.

Oh, I'm sure it will. And I know I'm going to be crying when it does. But, let me have my tiny victory for the moment. I've been dreading playing this game for years. lol.

I would add to that the importance of listening. The game has wonderful sound design, and through that, clues to many a threat coming up if simply paid attention to.

Oh yes, definitely. I'm playing it with headphones on. I heard the first cape knight in the game breathing heavily around a corner, so I'm super careful. The messages on the ground have been pretty helpful so far too.

drbond

Neo Member
When did the new Wolfenstein go on sale? I don't remember seeing it discounted the last couple days.

Wolfenstein The New Order hasn't received a price drop for steam's summer sale (flash or daily). I am highly doubtful if it will get one, but you never know (Divinity Original Sin got reduced for one day).

PS: If you really want a cheap copy, the PC version (and all console versions) is on sale at Frys.com for $39.99.

Best Buy, Target, or other specific retailers will gladly match the price for you this week.

3phemeral

Congrats to the following and I hope you enjoy your game(maker)s!

MisterLuffy claimed your RPG Maker VX Ace key. There were 56 entrants.
Crayons claimed your Deadly Sin 2 key. There were 11 entrants.
HP_Wuvcraft claimed your Legionwood 2: Rise of the Eternal's Realm key. There were 10 entrants.

Halo 2

Banned
This is my first time winning it but someone said something about adding it to paypal. I'm not sure if I need to remove my other card or not.
I was able to redeem 8 cards before getting locked out. And I believe that's due to the fact that I accidentally saved the info on the last one.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just woke up - why has speevy annoyed ModBot?

- Lol My iPad has finally accepted ModBot into its dictionary and is autocorrecting *to* it :)

Vuze

ubipls how hard can it be to offer preload for a game... #TheWaitIsReal
3fd39ddc4c.png

Origin game talk:
I played a couple of rounds in PvZ Garden Warfare yesterday btw. The PC version is great and looks gorgeous! Very fun so far.

Kanokare

When you add any new payment to Steam they will require a 7 day market lockout to verify the card or remove it. Might take a day or so before you're locked out. You can verify it sooner than that but it doesn't work with the M&M card.

When you add any new payment to Steam they will require a 7 day market lockout to verify the card or remove it. Might take a day or so before you're locked out. You can verify it sooner than that but it doesn't work with the M&M card.

Is that just directly through steam or paypal also?

3phemeral

Aww, yeah! I finally won an M&M thing but thing is, I was expecting to be 0 for 5 and now I've totally forgotten what to pick when redeeming and adding the card to Steam (without a lockout). Can anyone write a quick instruction set?

Shadownet

Banned
Anyone's getting metro last light? Didn't see many mentions at here so I'm hesitating whether or not to buy it.

I got it when it was on sale. I'm enjoying at lot so far. Its not like a AAA game level. But its fun enough to justify the price. Actually more so in my opinion. Probably my best purchase so far this Sale.

Anustart

Aww, yeah! I finally won an M&M thing but thing is, I was expecting to be 0 for 5 and now I've totally forgotten what to pick when redeeming and adding the card to Steam (without a lockout). Can anyone write a quick instruction set?

streaming movie option, then I always pick redeem later, get pdf from the email you set.

ImSooFlye

What is this M&M thing i keep hearing everyone talk about? Wheres the link?

Kanokare

Is that just directly through steam or paypal also?

I've never done Paypal. Chances are Steam might still lock you out of the market for 7 days to verify but it should be easier to communicate between the two so the verify button might reduce it to one day only. Maybe someone else knows how Paypal is handled on Steam.

gsrjedi

Wolfenstein The New Order hasn't received a price drop for steam's summer sale (flash or daily). I am highly doubtful if it will get one, but you never know (Divinity Original Sin got reduced for one day).

PS: If you really want a cheap copy, the PC version (and all console versions) is on sale at Frys.com for $39.99.

Best Buy, Target, or other specific retailers will gladly match the price for you this week.

It's been in my wishlist, but just a bit ago today I noticed it's 33% off until the end of the sale.

Untitled-1_zps592a4f02.jpg

I'm wondering if the current price is an error or if it'll really stay that way until the 30th. Also, is there a chance for a daily/flash to make it even cheaper?

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Has Splinter Cell Blacklist been cheaper than $7.49, and is it worth it? I bought all the other Splinter Cell games list sale, but haven't played any of then yet.

Chavelo

Hm, great question actually. I'm not sure. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

I've used two of the M&Ms codes already on my account, and I was able to still use my normal card (added $5 after adding the second $6 code), but the market was locked out for me until July 1st.

Dunno if that is how it will work for everyone tho.

Ceebs

Battleblock Theater may have been the best 3 dollars of the sale so far. 10 hours of co-op so far, and boatloads of user levels to keep playing.

Also for the M&M money, I just sent a Paypal payment request to another email address and sent the 6 bucks to myself. I lost out on 50 cents in fees, but I am not limited to 6 dollars or locked out of the marketplace.

Myshkin

But then I'm just limited to $6 right? I couldn't use that and then my normal card if something costs more?

I think the idea is: use enhanced steam, put $6 into your wallet, choose paypal payment method, within paypal use the prepaid one-use mastercard info.
After that, you can buy something over $6 using combination of wallet and your regular CC.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
M&M card money was usable, I could buy games with it no problem. But the Market is totally locked out. So if you are using the market a lot, do not bother with M&M.

Speevy

Banned
Just woke up - why has speevy annoyed ModBot?

- Lol My iPad has finally accepted ModBot into its dictionary and is autocorrecting *to* it :)

I seriously think I've been locked out of all giveaways for entering too many or something.

I hope I'm just being paranoid. I'm sure the person ticking the boxes for modbot realizes I give to the members of this thread, and will continue to do so.

I love you modbot.

gsrjedi

Are you guys getting locked out of the market trying to add the M&Ms money to your wallet? I've won twice and bought 2 games from Steam with it. Both times I chose not to have Steam remember that payment info and it when I had money in my wallet it wouldn't spend that, only the $6 MasterCard. Yet to get a message I'm locked out of the market and in fact I just sold a card right now.

I seriously think I've been locked out of all giveaways for entering too many or something.

I hope I'm just being paranoid. I'm sure the person ticking the boxes for modbot realizes I give to the members of this thread, and will continue to do so.

I love you modbot.

There is a blacklist option if you do a giveaway. It wont let user enter giveaways if they are on this blacklist.
It would show though in the quoted ModBot message.

3phemeral

streaming movie option, then I always pick redeem later, get pdf from the email you set.

Sweet! Got the pdf. Thanks!

What is this M&M thing i keep hearing everyone talk about? Wheres the link?

Text: 78787
With Message: Movie

Follow directions
Wait and see

M&M card money was usable, I could buy games with it no problem. But the Market is totally locked out. So if you are using the market a lot, do not bother with M&M.

That's what I'm afraid of so I'm wondering how other users have been able to do it without penalty.

Kanokare

I love you modbot.

I think you're fine o_O Entering multiple giveaways shouldn't ban you unless you did it wrong in which you'd probably be disqualified for that post only. Then some might have rules like people who haven't won recently. I doubt you're on the blacklist too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom