• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakkue

Not from Uruguay, but I am amazed how easy it is for some people to use Football as an excuse to spit out insults for other countries without giving any regard for other members that may be offended. I guess the fact that they're behind a computer screen makes it even easier

Neogaf is a horrible place after all. The Steam community/threads are an exception but everything else is shit

Sorry you had to experience that, try not to let it get you down!

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Not from Uruguay, but I am amazed how easy it is for some people to use Football as an excuse to spit out insults for other countries without giving any regard for other members that may be offended. I guess the fact that they're behind a computer screen makes it even easier

Neogaf is a horrible place after all. The Steam community/threads are an exception but everything else is shit
There are other threads?!

But seriously, Neogaf is a warm and fussy place compared to a lot of other big forums out there. That's not saying much, though...

Tomodachi

Thanks, I didn't think about googling properly including my adapter in the search. Unfortunately I didn't update my drivers and my router won't allow me to change the wireless mode from b/g/n to g/n :(
I'll look some more, maybe try to find a previous version of the driver I installed yesterday somewhere.

If you're using a router, I would look into forwarding the ports that Steam requires to function (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8571-GLVN-8711). Additionally, a few games have a really odd update process; an example of this is Payday 2. It will drop to almost 0 kb/sec but it's actually going through the entire Payday 2 folder and scanning its contents to check which files need to be updated. If left alone Payday 2 will eventually update at normal speeds once that's done.

Would the port forwarding be necessary even with a cabled connection? Because I just tried downloading with an ethernet cable and it's smooth as butter, it's just the wifi having issues :(

3phemeral

I think the idea is: use enhanced steam, put $6 into your wallet, choose paypal payment method, within paypal use the prepaid one-use mastercard info.
After that, you can buy something over $6 using combination of wallet and your regular CC.

Wonderful! Got it to work!

Salsa

this so far was nothing compared to 2010

I got PMs saying I should be thankful for living in a shithole third world country that hosts cheats like Suarez and yadda yadda

a lot of people got banned tho, GAF is fine, people are shit everywhere

I think the idea is: use enhanced steam, put $6 into your wallet, choose paypal payment method, within paypal use the prepaid one-use mastercard info.
After that, you can buy something over $6 using combination of wallet and your regular CC.
Yeah, that works but issue there is you still can't get multiple of these cards on your account. At least, I wouldn't try. It looks fishy to make a bunch of tiny $6 transactions from multiple cards, and PayPal don't mess when it comes to things looking even slightly fishy.

Copons

this, so far, was nothing compared to 2010

I got PMs saying I should be thankful for living in a shithole third world country that hosts cheats like Suarez and yadda yadda

a lot of people got banned tho, GAF is fine, people are shit everywhere

WTF seriously?

I mean, I've been on GAF for just one year, but the one thing I noticed is that even the shittiest of people stay away from racist remarks, be it because they aren't racist or because the fear a deserved ban I don't know, but still.

EDIT: oh, I realized you said PMs, that makes sense.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
There are other threads?!

But seriously, Neogaf is a warm and fussy place compared to a lot of other big forums out there. That's not saying much, though...

That's why I got so disappointed

If it were any other forum, like gamefaqs or ign boards, I'd just disregard the comments since I know that the majority of users are trolls or angry teens. Expected more from a forum that apparently consists mainly of adults. Will stick my guts exclusively to the steam thread from now on and never post in an OT thread again

Toki767

That's why I got so disappointed

If it were any other forum, like gamefaqs or ign boards, I'd just disregard the comments since I know that the majority of users are trolls or angry teens. Expected more from a forum that apparently consists mainly of adults. Will stick my guts exclusively to the steam thread from now on and never post in an OT thread again

Sports turns everyone into trolls and angry teens.

anyone have an opinion on The Last Remnant for 2.50? I'm a big Square RPG fan, will i enjoy it?

The Last Remnant was the best thing Square Enix Japan put out last generation on console.

WTF seriously?

I mean, I've been on GAF for just one year, but the one thing I noticed is that even the shittiest of people stay away from racist remarks, be it because they aren't racist or because the fear a deserved ban I don't know, but still.

EDIT: oh, I realized you said PMs, that makes sense.

You havent read a lot of asian-threads in the OT then ;)

milena87

Why's that?

Because I'm cheap inside :p I sell every summer card I have for now and I'll buy whatever I need in the last few days when they'll be worth a lot less.

And even one point per day is enough to be eligible for the free games.

Now 2nd place gives 20 random people 2 games and 3rd place gives 10 random people their most wanted game :)

3phemeral

Because I'm cheap inside :p I sell every summer card I have for now and I'll buy whatever I need in the last few days when they'll be worth a lot less.

And even one point per day is enough to be eligible for the free games.

Now 2nd place gives 20 random people 2 games and 3rd place gives 10 random people their most wanted game :)

Does anyone know how many pints is needed to be eligible?

Arthea

I slept less than two hours (thanks steam and gog) before going to work. IDK how I will survive today, steamgaf help me!

edited: also I'm glad that this thread remains WC free more or less

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know why I continue to stay up till 2AM for the refresh when I have to wake up at 7:30AM and have plenty of time to buy whatever goes on sale if I want it anyway.

The Stearn sale has thrown off my sleeping schedule completely.

Those sales don't change until 5AM EDT :|

is Enhanced Steam broken? The regional pricing doesn't work anymore

Sometimes it takes a while to load. I just checked Bastion, and the region pricing and price history showed up pretty fast. The same loaded fast for Awesomenauts.

Chariot

is Enhanced Steam broken? The regional pricing doesn't work anymore
Working for me. They take some time to appear and somehow russias data is missing, but they work
Valve complained about ES and instead of working with jshackles on solving the issue, decided to just change how some things work, so ES can't do them anymore. Don't know if the regional pricing was affected by that.
https://github.com/jshackles/Enhanced_Steam/issues/525
Oh, so I better deactivate ES for now, eh.

Evo X

Played some more Dark Souls. Finding it really annoying that every time I restore Humanity, I have some high level asshole with godly gear invading my game and trolling me. Even if I fight better than them, they just run away, restore all their health and come back.

What's the point of that feature? Can't they at least make the fights somewhat fair to prevent people who have hundreds of hours in the game from griefing noobs?

Deques

The Stearn sale has thrown off my sleeping schedule completely.

Those sales don't change until 5AM EDT :|

Sometimes it takes a while to load. I just checked Bastion, and the region pricing and price history showed up pretty fast. The same loaded fast for Awesomenauts.

Working for me. They take some time to appear and somehow russias data is missing, but they workOh, so I better deactivate ES for now, eh.

Valve complained about ES and instead of working with jshackles on solving the issue, decided to just change how some things work, so ES can't do them anymore. Don't know if the regional pricing was affected by that.
https://github.com/jshackles/Enhanced_Steam/issues/525

The problem is that it either show NaN% or 0% for me

TsuXna

Played some more Dark Souls. Finding it really annoying that every time I restore Humanity, I have some high level asshole with godly gear invading my game and trolling me. Even if I fight better than them, they just run away, restore all their health and come back.

What's the point of that feature? Can't they at least make the fights somewhat fair to prevent people who have hundreds of hours in the game from griefing noobs?
thats life.

3phemeral

Well, they say 30/20/10 scoring users. So, even with 1 point, you're still adding to the total for your team.

Hmm.. Interesting. I've yet to craft anything since I seem to be locked out of any card/badge-related activities, so maybe I'll be able to participate when that's over with.
By the end of this, it'll take several people many pints.
59MBsko.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom