• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I shall hunt for steam bux cards today, that is my goal

Chariot

Good.

...wait...

...does this mean...

PUUURPLEEEEE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
:(

Potentially losing my card is why I never go outside and instead stay on GAF.
I wake up in the middle of the night just to vote. @.@

other was pretty good point and click selection with some games being at those discounts for the first time, but no, we can't have nice things.
We already had P&C yesterday, how many of this games do you need? Just us have some pixel roguelikes :(

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Oh well, I'll still buy Delver and Wagon. But the Last Door at that $2.50 price would have been so good since it's never been bundled, unlike wagon and noir.

MisterM

I saw a banner on Steam last night about GAME (UK) doing a 20% bonus on trade ins against Steam Wallet cards.

So tempted to go and offload my 360 and PS3 for Steam Bux.

Volimar

now I'll imagine darndest things!

Some questions aren't meant to be asked. Remember:

9Qx3mXq.png

3phemeral

Just went through my wishlist and didn't realize I already had a lot of the games I initially placed on there. Not sure if I added it to my account after already having it and not realizing it. Does Steam automatically remove games off of your wishlist that you've bought?

Copons

Just went through my wishlist and didn't realize I already had a lot of the games I initially placed on there. Not sure if I added it to my account after already having it and not realizing it. Does Steam automatically remove games off of your wishlist that you've bought?

Only if you buy them on Steam.
Not if you redeem keys from outside (like Humble).

yuraya

People weren't joking about Kingdoms of Amalur being a single player mmorpg lol. The game is really massive. So much content, loot, quests, just ridiculous. The game is great kinda sucked me in. I have a feeling I will be spending lots of hours on it hopefully not tho because I have many other rpg games in my backlog. Def recommend Amalur to those who don't have it or didn't buy it. Keep an eye out for the 5dollar repeat during this sale and future sales. game is great. Combat is great reminds me like a mix of dark souls + darksiders.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sourtreats:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Humble Indie Bundle #3 Steam Key -- MB-1E176C0D006EA020 - Taken by topyy
English Country Tune -- MB-28933205AB46E922 - Taken by Myshkin
Oil Rush -- MB-499B3D81D11BC29C
Metro 2033, Risen & Sacred Citadel -- MB-9E4C4D3DF7D350C7 - Taken by somnific
Wizorb, BIT.TRIP.RUNNER, Gratuitous Space Battles, and Jamestown Steam Key -- MB-1727EF2DE3F6F594 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Cave Story -- MB-F74835700A8FB852
Offspring Fling -- MB-37F5D8275D5B2CBC
Eets Munchies Steam Key -- MB-27D1AE0F3C9EE822
Intrusion 2 -- MB-A28394A33F1E05A9

t1403697074z1.png

Decided to contribute some games back to SteamGaf.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
my 14.something in the wallet from last night is now 15.something from cards

thank you based market

People weren't joking about Kingdoms of Amalur being a single player mmorpg lol. The game is really massive. So much content, loot, quests, just ridiculous. The game is great kinda sucked me in. I have a feeling I will be spending lots of hours on it hopefully not tho because I have many other rpg games in my backlog. Def recommend Amalur to those who don't have it or didn't buy it. Keep an eye out for the 5dollar repeat during this sale and future sales. game is great. Combat is great reminds me like a mix of dark souls + darksiders.

I always hold out on this, since I know it will never get a sequel and people told me
it kinda hints at one at the end...

Shadownet

Banned

What stopped me from buying it is apparently the story is crap. (From what I heard herd on GAF) which is a big no no for me, its an important element of RPG.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Apparently the GOG version of Omerta comes with all the DLCs except the japanese campaign. I assume I can replace the GOG files with the the steam ones and play the game with the DLC without owning them on Steam, right?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Apparently the GOG version of Omerta comes with all the DLCs except the japanese campaign. I assume I can replace the GOG files with the the steam ones and play the game with the DLC without owning them on Steam, right?

In theory, yes.

How does the uPlay in Rayman Legends work? Will it install the client, or have they solved this ingame with just login required?

Thus far the only game that skips the client in favour of an entirely in-game approach (save for initial activation) is Rocksmith 2014.

Re-installed Rage so I could play through the Scorcher DLC. It's kind of hard to say how long the Scorcher DLC is so far because it's pretty firmly intertwined with the campaign. You can't just play through the DLC, there are various points where your progress through the main campaign gates off further progress in the Scorcher DLC.

I was able to complete two sections of the DLC early on, the first was near Hagar's settlement and the next was near the Outriggers, getting to Wellspring allowed me to complete a minor checkpoint in the Scorcher DLC but for the last few hours it's been replaying Rage's campaign, which I honestly don't mind. Right now I'm going to do a round of Mutant Bash TV so I can get a sponsorship from JK Stiles for the Caprino race.

I'd say the Scorcher DLC seems pretty substantive so far but only get it if you have a save file right before the point of no-return near the end or if you don't mind replaying the campaign.

I wake up in the middle of the night just to vote. @.@
Now this I don't get. 6 hour windows I would understand a bit but 8 hour ones...

I'm up to lvl 9 Summer Adventure Badge. Is that normal, or should I find an AA group?
You've had a total of 90 summer cards. 7 from points (probs), 1 from joining a team, 5 or 6 from community choice. The rest have either come from buying games in the sale (several hundred $ covers the remainder) or the marketplace.

Well someone has to keep the value of the marketplace afloat...

But just out of curiosity has crafting the badges got you anything valuable or is it all emoticons and ironic profile backgrounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom