• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
welp, with deals like this its not a big deal not having my card >_>

off to bed, be back later, hopefully wtih tales of steam gift cards o/

Chariot

Now this I don't get. 6 hour windows I would understand a bit but 8 hour ones...
Well, if I have to do something there is chance I am too slow to wake up and have to rush to university or work or if I have nothing to do, I could oversleep. It happened once. Never again. Never again.

yuraya

What stopped me from buying it is apparently the story is crap. (From what I heard herd on GAF) which is a big no no for me, its an important element of RPG.

Can't say much about the main story of the game since I only played like 6 hours but there is a lot of side story content in the game. So I wouldn't be surprised if the main story turned out to be mediocre and whatnot.

Nothing I need so time to sleep.
Cat%2BOwners.gif

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Too many repeated deals on games that everybody has from bundles or past sales. Smh GabeN

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone tried Noir Syndrome?. It seems interesting.

It's okay, but keep in mind that I got in a $1 bundle, so I'm a little forgiving towards it.

Noir Syndrome has been updated since I played it, so apparently some of the things I didn't like about it have been fixed.At least it shows that the devs intend to keep improving it, which is good. I think one of the main problems I had with it, the hunger meter that you can't really see constantly going down too fast by doing anything, was fixed, for example. Anyway, Noir Syndrome is a procedurally generated murder mystery game, which sounds great in concept, but sort of dull in execution. Playthroughs are short and generally last 10-15 minutes max. The noir theme is well done when it comes to both the graphical touches, though it's definitely not the prettiest game that uses this art style, and the soundtrack, which has some really catchy moments to it. The basic story of every game has a cool premise in which you have to stop a serial killer inspired by Egyptian mythology from killing the mayor. The mob may or may not be after you depending on what difficulty level you choose, or if you rob them later in the game when given the opportunity. You can lockpick doors, find evidence, and talk to people to find suspects. It should be fun. It sounds like fun. But it wasn't really that fun for me. Tapping Z every few seconds and walking around are the main things you'll do in this game; sometimes you'll press another button to shoot NPCs. But that's basically it. You go through the same areas every time, everything feels almost the same each time you play the game, but with a little variation. The other mode, the dinner party mode, that's a little more engaging since guests go mad and try to kill you, which becomes more frequent on higher difficulties. Costumes and some of the in game achievements, called "badges," feel too grindy for me to even feel like going after. I just didn't have a lot of fun with it. It's still a great concept, and I'd love to see more procedural mystery games like this but improved in the future.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Bought Noir Symdrome. Looked like fun. Will check it out tonight.

Considering how many games there are on Steam, it's a bit silly to see Castle Crashers and Magicka repeated over and over again.

Thus far the only game that skips the client in favour of an entirely in-game approach (save for initial activation) is Rocksmith 2014.

No point with buying uPlay games on Steam then.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Super Wagon Adventure is great. Make sure to name the characters after your best friends and/or fav gaffers.

Protip: If you get a chance,
DO NOT PASS UP THE SNO CONE MACHINE

XShagrath

I need to stop adding money to my steam wallet just so I can buy 90p games.
I don't understand why you would add money to your wallet to buy games. Just buy them with a card/paypal instead.

The only time I add money to my wallet is if I'm doing marketplace stuff.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Castle Crashers DLC is currently $0.09 apiece. Wish I hadn't grabbed it earlier.

Then again, the proceeds go to charity...

Behemoth has trolled everyone with their inconsistent deals so far. I will never forgive them for not discounting the can't stop laughing bundle in time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom