• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

The-Bean

First game I've really been tempted to get during this sale is Blacklist. I'm only interested in singleplayer, what are the deluxe edition missions like (worth the extra)?

Behemoth has trolled everyone with their inconsistent deals so far. I will never forgive them for not discounting the can't stop laughing bundle in time

i think the laughing bundle got discounted last time because both games were on sale (err daily and flash) while this time only one is.

Hesemonni

Banned
I have a feeling Braid continues to elude me still :/

Also, I'm starting to get nervous Dishonored isn't going to be discounted for some strange reason...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I have 2x25% off pixel pirate coupons but it won't let me add them because it is already discounted. Normally I think they stack. bah.

So I can buy it now, for 50% off, or buy it for full price and stack 2x25% off coupons and get it for..50% off.

I have no idea if any of these community games are any good, so would welcome impressions - especially for delver - giving me old school dungeon master vibes

KainXVIII

Re-installed Rage so I could play through the Scorcher DLC. It's kind of hard to say how long the Scorcher DLC is so far because it's pretty firmly intertwined with the campaign. You can't just play through the DLC, there are various points where your progress through the main campaign gates off further progress in the Scorcher DLC.

I was able to complete two sections of the DLC early on, the first was near Hagar's settlement and the next was near the Outriggers, getting to Wellspring allowed me to complete a minor checkpoint in the Scorcher DLC but for the last few hours it's been replaying Rage's campaign, which I honestly don't mind. Right now I'm going to do a round of Mutant Bash TV so I can get a sponsorship from JK Stiles for the Caprino race.

I'd say the Scorcher DLC seems pretty substantive so far but only get it if you have a save file right before the point of no-return near the end or if you don't mind replaying the campaign.
Thanks, time to delete Rage because i lost save files (and don't want to replay it)

Kadin

I don't understand why you would add money to your wallet to buy games. Just buy them with a card/paypal instead.

The only time I add money to my wallet is if I'm doing marketplace stuff.
I've done it before to basically set a limit for myself. Here's $50, spend wisely, etc.

tmarg

i think the laughing bundle got discounted last time because both games were on sale (err daily and flash) while this time only one is.

I think it got discounted last time because someone done goofed. The same reason the CC DLC is $.09 now when it wasn't last time.

mrgone

Wow, I actually have all the games in the community choices already, so I'm you're voting proxy Steam thread. You have my sword and all that.

Anyone have any impressions of Delver?

It's fun - a much simpler dungeon crawler/roguelike than other games like Dungeons of Dredmor, Sword of the Stars: The Pit, Tales of Maj'Eyal, etc. but worth a couple of bucks for the time you'll get out of it. The randomization's fairly minimal, but enought to keep it fresh through completion. I liked it, anyways! Gave me a real Ultima Underworld vibe, even though it really has little in common with it besides the look.

drgambit

Banned
You can play it for free on Kongregate.

Oh, yes, played the ever-loving crap out of that game on Kong. Then I purchased the IOS version, thinking it was going to be different in some way... nope, then I greenlighted the game on steam because the devs promised it wasn't just going to be another port. I reget that because its THE SAME FLIPPING GAME. These greedy pricks are not getting a single dime from me anymore.

aku:jiki

What is Pixel Piracy exactly, anyway? It calls itself "a side-scrolling 2d, real time strategy/sandbox/simulation game" but the screenshots and video only show some kind of "build a boat and have multiplayer battles on it" mode. Maybe that's all they have finished so far? If so, eh.

jblank83

It's fun - a much simpler dungeon crawler/roguelike than other games like Dungeons of Dredmor, Sword of the Stars: The Pit, Tales of Maj'Eyal, etc. but worth a couple of bucks for the time you'll get out of it. The randomization's fairly minimal, but enought to keep it fresh through completion. I liked it, anyways.

It's worth mentioning that Delver is an Early Access game still heavily in development.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Will Wednesday finally be the day Double Dragon and KOF get their respect and get a decent sale?
Double Dragon, Tiny Barbarian DX, Escape Goat 2, Goat Simulator, Helicopter Simulator 2014: Search and Rescue, Strider, Nidhogg, DreadOut, Super Motherload, RE4, Adventure Time... my moneys are waiting.

tmarg

Double Dragon, Tiny Barbarian DX, Escape Goat 2, Goat Simulator, Helicopter Simulator 2014: Search and Rescue, Strider, Nidhogg, DreadOut, Super Motherload, RE4, Adventure Time... my moneys are waiting.

Wasn't Nidhogg earlier today?

Salsa

Also, King Arthur's Gold is a great game. I dont own it, and I probably won't get it cause money =/= priorities, but I had a ton of fun with an early prototype way back.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.

uomhsU.gif

Eusis

Considering how many games there are on Steam, it's a bit silly to see Castle Crashers and Magicka repeated over and over again.
It's making me feel a mixture of disappointment and relief, since that may imply the sale's mostly shown its hand and so I don't have much reason to go spending much more money.

Still, there's quite a few games that'd be nice to see on sale even beyond Dark Souls II, namely Might & Magic X and Banner Saga.

mrgone

It's worth mentioning that Delver is an Early Access game still heavily in development.

It is, so there could very well be more content on the way. I think the dev's only a single guy, so progress has been slow-ish, but it's been pretty rock solid thus far as far as early access games go.

Chariot

Oh, yes, played the ever-loving crap out of that game on Kong. Then I purchased the IOS version, thinking it was going to be different in some way... nope, then I greenlighted the game on steam because the devs promised it wasn't just going to be another port. I reget that because its THE SAME FLIPPING GAME. These greedy pricks are not getting a single dime from me anymore.
What a shame :(
Kingdom Rush worth getting if I don't like Tower Defense games?
No.

is delver gud and are the developers actively working on it ?
i'm especially curious about random content like secret rooms or items, that's the kind of stuff i like the most in roguelikes, is there a lot of them ?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Speaking of local games, I was rather surprised to learn that Freedom Fall was put together by a bunch of folks here in WA (Western Australia, not Washington).

Salsa

Kingdom Rush steam is nothing like free Kingdom Rush kongregate, gimme a break

playing the free version is probably a good idea if you wanna "demo" it

jblank83

It is, so there could very well be more content on the way. I think the dev's only a single guy, so progress has been slow-ish, but it's been pretty rock solid thus far as far as early access games go.

Yeah, I think it's a fun little game that shows promise. Glad to see it get some interest from people.

Chariot

Kingdom Rush steam is nothing like Kingdom Rush kongregate, give me a break

it's like comparing meat boy to super meat boy

playing the free version is probably a good idea if you wanna "demo" it
But it's nothing else than the mobile version, aye?
(I still try grasping straws here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom