• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

But it's nothing else than the mobile version, aye?
(I still try grasping straws here)

here:

* The graphics (map and battle) are enhanced compared to other versions. There are a few minor control additions.
* There are no micro transaction in the steam version. Meaning, there's nothing you can buy in-game even if you want to.
* Not all content is unlocked from day 1. You unlock everything by playing through.There's no other way in the steam version.
* In the Steam version, there are stuff that are not present on the Armor games version. The same stuff is present on the mobile version but is subject to extra money - which sums up to way higher than $10. So if you want to play with stuff (some heroes and some extra levels) not present, mobile or flash versions will be cheaper for you. If you want all the stuff in, Steam version will be cheaper for you.
* In the Steam version, when you finish the 12 level main campaign, you unlock 3 x 2 level mini-campaigns + 4 other solo levels. Most of these levels contan unique bosses.
* Currently 9 bonus levels are available for free in the Steam version, all of which are premium content in the Flash version:
- Winter Storm 2 level mini-campaign
- Rise of the Bandits 2 level mini-campaign
- Burning Torment 2 level mini-campaign
- Rotten Forest solo level
- Sarelgaz's Lair solo level
- Ruins of Acaroth solo level
- Fungal Forest solo level
* There are currently 13 free heroes in the Steam version, 3 of which are also free in the Flash version. The others are premium content in the Flash version.
* Buyers of the Steam version are also promised a new full campaign (Curse of Castle Blackburn) with unknown number of new levels, for FREE. The mentioned full campaign will be exclusive for Steam. This is labeled as coming soon.

squidyj

HsWqKRm.png

damn enhanced steam

wouldn't be caught dead voting for tomb raider tho

you'd rather vote for the third installment of the bejewelled franchise. I'm sure it breaks new ground like nobody's business.

Chariot

here:

* The graphics (map and battle) are enhanced compared to other versions. There are a few minor control additions.
* There are no micro transaction in the steam version. Meaning, there's nothing you can buy in-game even if you want to.
* Not all content is unlocked from day 1. You unlock everything by playing through.There's no other way in the steam version.
* In the Steam version, there are stuff that are not present on the Armor games version. The same stuff is present on the mobile version but is subject to extra money - which sums up to way higher than $10. So if you want to play with stuff (some heroes and some extra levels) not present, mobile or flash versions will be cheaper for you. If you want all the stuff in, Steam version will be cheaper for you.
* In the Steam version, when you finish the 12 level main campaign, you unlock 2 x 2 level mini-campaigns + 3 other solo levels. Most of these levels contan unique bosses.
* Buyers of the Steam version also get one more 2 level mini campaign, another solo level, a new full campaign with unknown number of new levels, new towers, 3 new heroes for FREE. These are labeled as coming soon.
Ahww man, I want to buy it, but I don't want to buy it.

iEmMgoatqpNU2.gif

kurahador

here:

* In the Steam version, when you finish the 12 level main campaign, you unlock 2 x 2 level mini-campaigns + 3 other solo levels. Most of these levels contan unique bosses.
* Buyers of the Steam version also get one more 2 level mini campaign, another solo level, a new full campaign with unknown number of new levels, new towers, 3 new heroes for FREE. These are labeled as coming soon.

Sooooo...is that good or bad? I really can't tell.

I do hate the mobile version though.

Salsa

Bottom line:

The free flash version and iOS versions have *premium* stuff that you can buy. The Steam version has all that out the gate for base price, plus a few extras, and is not on Flash.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
If someone can figure out how to mod the camera in Tomb Raider to not be the worst in any game ever so it doesn't shake all the goddamn time, I might bother finishing it.

I literally never play games that have some sort of fantasy, magic-like aspect to it, with your wizards and trolls, etc... But Kingdom Rush is the only exception. Love that game.

That should tell you enough if it's worth the couple of bucks.

Arthea

I had this master plan where 100% Orange Juice had good discount this sale, I bought several and gifted for people convincing them to play it with me.
It didn't work, but! there is always winter sale.

Arthea

so Valve has successfully disbanded the Alliance?

I still believe it's rigged well and good right from the start with all drama included, nobody will convince me those differences in points, taking into account numbers of people involved, can be that great as they were, nobody!

hepburn3d

If someone can figure out how to mod the camera in Tomb Raider to not be the worst in any game ever so it doesn't shake all the goddamn time, I might bother finishing it.

haha glad you said that :D me and my wife played it for a few hours to get the feels of it. Our one comment:

"is the person following her with a camera cold, nervous and made out of jelly???"

Red

It has some jumping and climbing in it, somewhere between all the killing and murdering.

When you're not gunning down a few hundred people its an OK modern AAA "platformer."

Not that one, but the others ones might, which will most likely go on sale again if TR2013 wins.

They usually get destroyed after you jump off of them though.
I guess having the ability to jump is enough to qualify a game as a platformer now. It's weird to compare Tomb Raider to They Bleed Pixels (which is one you guys should buy if you don't have it).

I'm considering Delver and Gianna Sisters.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
haha glad you said that :D me and my wife played it for a few hours to get the feels of it. Our one comment:

"is the person following her with a camera cold, nervous and made out of jelly???"
No matter what they do with the tombs, I have zero interest in the sequel until steady cam is confirmed at least as an option.

DO YOU HEAR ME SQUARE-ENIX? YOUR TOMB RAIDER CAMERA IS THE WORST OF ALL GODDAMN TIME. YOUR CAMERA MAKES SONIC ADVENTURE LOOK LIKE FUCKING TERRENCE MALICK.

Yakkue

Alan Wake's American Nightmare is free for the next 30 minutes on GOGs frontpage now (won't work if you search for the game, you have to look for it between the flash deals).

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Ahhh this sucks. Delver and Super Amazing Wagon Adventure are both on my wishlist but I can't buy them 'cause I'm locked out of the market until the 29th so I can't sell cards, and I can't spend any more actual money. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck. ;_;

Really wanted to see how Delver has improved, too. I played the old, shitty looking beta quite a bit a year or so ago.

Ahhh this sucks. Delver and Super Amazing Wagon Adventure are both on my wishlist but I can't buy them 'cause I'm locked out of the market until the 29th so I can't sell cards, and I can't spend any more actual money. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck. ;_;
Get someone to trade them to, they sell the cards, buy the games, and then gift them to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom