• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadGear

Alan Wake's American Nightmare is free for the next 30 minutes on GOGs frontpage now (won't work if you search for the game, you have to look for it between the flash deals).

One of the games I'm never going to play just because how much i disliked Alan Wake :/ But still a great deal as many are apparently able to enjoy Alan Wake way more than I did.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
What's the consensus on Blackguards?

It sounded intriguing, so I tried the demo--didn't really care for it afterwards. It has sort of a weird way of handling difficulty and progress. It's based off some fairly popular german pen and paper system. Give the demo a try and see what you think.

Chariot

Ahhh this sucks. Delver and Super Amazing Wagon Adventure are both on my wishlist but I can't buy them 'cause I'm locked out of the market until the 29th so I can't sell cards, and I can't spend any more actual money. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck. ;_;

Really wanted to see how Delver has improved, too. I played the old, shitty looking beta quite a bit a year or so ago.
Got you covered.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Delver -- MB-6466F3CF44254EA6 - Taken by ßthePenguin. 64 entrants total.
Super Amazing Wagon Adventure -- MB-0F5E20950E26E5AA

t1403701871z1.png

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
One of the games I'm never gone play just because how much i disliked Alan Wake :/ But still a great deal as many are apparently able to enjoy Alan Wake way more then I did.

If you disliked Alan Wake, you might actually end up enjoying American Nightmare. It's really different from the first game, much more "gamey". Personally, I liked it more than the first one because it felt much tighter and less meandering, but you are essentially repeating three areas three times in a row and a lot of folks (reasonably) did not care for that experience.

Wildesy

It sounded intriguing, so I tried the demo--didn't really care for it afterwards. It has sort of a weird way of handling difficulty and progress. It's based off some fairly popular german pen and paper system. Give the demo a try and see what you think.

Thanks for the feedback. It seems right up my alley on paper, so fingers crossed.

I liked it quite a lot as well. Guess we can be Satanic #teamfraud buddies or something.

even satan ain't in #teamfraud

i know that the majority of gaf doesn't accept people liking different things than them so just so you know even though i don't like the game it's cool that you enjoy it
felt like it needed to be said because there seem to be threads with 150 pages of people thinking their tastes are the absolute thruth and flinging shit at each other every week

Arthea

just remembered that I still have some 10% OFF Toki Tori 2+ coupons, they used to stack with other discounts, so probably they still do. If anyone wants them, you can have.

MadGear

If you disliked Alan Wake, you might actually end up enjoying American Nightmare. It's really different from the first game, much more "gamey". Personally, I liked it more than the first one because it felt much tighter and less meandering, but you are essentially repeating three areas three times in a row and a lot of folks (reasonably) did not care for that experience.

Well I got both as part of a humble bundle but couldn't even finish Alan Wake because of its underwhelming and tiring gameplay. I'm just so disenchanted with Alan Wake that I simply cant bring myself to actually install American Nightmare :)
It might be a bit exaggerated but one could say that Alan Wake in some way is my personal Bad Rats.

Arthea

Well I got both as part of a humble bundle but couldn't even finish Alan Wake because of its underwhelming and tiring gameplay. I'm just so disenchanted with Alan Wake that I simply cant bring myself to actually install American Nightmare :)
It might be a bit exaggerated but one could say that Alan Wake in some way is my personal Bad Rats.

now when you mention it, we all have our personal bad rats
mine is gone home, gone mad out of boredom the game (><)

As for topic at hand, I often somewhat envy people when they can enjoy games I can't, for one reason or another. But personal bad rats are exception from this rule.

_hekk05

Banned
wew. I met my classmate and ended up giving him my can't stop laughing bundle. Then we proceeded to play and lose 2 dota 2 matches.

Good life

Arthea

Aren't most people joking when they condemn a game? Like they didn't like the game and overplay that because they want their posts to be entertaining?

that is often the case, but some are way too serious about their gaming crusades.
The posts I've seen about Agarest, for example! or some comments on steam VN greenlight games! It's hard to believe how outraged people can be about games they don't even play or plan to (><)
"get out of steam", never gets old, for example

Facism

Not really sale related, but i had left-over Origin keys from the humble bundle.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise (origin) -- MB-03480EEA89DE18B8 - Taken by PossumMeat. 4 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (origin) -- MB-7F20752D4F0ABE17 - Taken by thebloo. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space 3 (origin) -- MB-0C3F54794840E31B - Taken by Subject16. 7 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (origin) -- MB-59389792BD7229F7 - Taken by borghe. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer 3 Uprising (origin) -- MB-0F1DACA9D6496A88 - Taken by Volimar. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Crysis 2 (origin) -- MB-4FB4863BA7818CE9 - Taken by Bel_Air_Jeff. 3 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (origin) -- MB-89FC5DB40DCBA776 - Taken by DeejayKnight. 1 entrants total.

t1403703327z1.png

again, these are ORIGIN keys. Have at em, chaps.

_hekk05

Banned
that is often the case, but some are way too serious about their gaming crusades.
The posts I've seen about Agarest, for example! or some comments on steam VN greenlight games! It's hard to believe how outraged people can be about games they don't even play or plan to (><)

lol. Cutesy Japanese games or VNs definitely get some bad rep. 100% orange juice most recently I believe.

I'm still hoping for Neptunia rebirth on steam. One step closer to the Milamber storefront

Have you tried logging on their website?

Their system sucks though. Just got Blacklist. Steam > Blacklist > uPlay > Game. lolwut

We tried to warn everyone about uDon'tPlay. No one listened

RIP

Arthea

lol. Cutesy Japanese games or VNs definitely get some bad rep. 100% orange juice most recently I believe.

I'm still hoping for Neptunia rebirth on steam. One step closer to the Milamber storefront

this pains me... I need more people to play it, much more, not less.

derExperte

Oh wait, Delver was the game from those megacunty devs who shat on people on Twitter and message boards, trolled around and deleted discussions, right?

edit: No wait, that was Paranautical Activity.

Chariot

It's tough to tell sometimes. I would hope that they are.

That much is true. There are sadly people out there that are tight minded and serious. I just have the impression that GAF is relatively good when it comes to acceptance, since people with lack of social behavious tend to not stay very long, so I wanted to say something when someone said that the "majority of GAF doesn't accept people liking different thing".

Vlad

Come on Steam. Them Bleed Pixels!!!

Absolutely! I've been disappointed by some of my other community picks losing (at least Spelunky got the flash sale!), but this one would really sting.

Also, anybody know how the community is for King Arthur's Gold? It sounds like a neat concept and all, but I'd rather not get what seems to be primarily an online experience if there's nobody playing the thing.

aku:jiki

Oh wait, Delver was the game from those megacunty devs who shat on people on Twitter and message boards, trolled around and deleted discussions, right?
If you mean recently, that was Paranautical Activity. Dunno if the Delver team has done the same thing in the past.

AHA-Lambda

I wake up and find castle crashers and mirrors edge up again for the nth bloody time all the while my wishlist sits hardly touched.

And yet half of it is on sale frequently at gog, personally speaking this is the worst steam sale I've had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom