• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

aku:jiki

Yep, see edit, my brain got out of sleep mode a second after posting.
The worst part is PA actually looks very good and I kind of want it, but I certainly don't want to give them any money. Hoping it shows up in a $1 bundle tier so I only have to give them like $0.02.

Absolutely! I've been disappointed by some of my other community picks losing (at least Spelunky got the flash sale!), but this one would really sting.
You can get it cheaply regardless, Steam key is $2.50 on Amazon right now.

Ruruja

steam sales over the raid 2 out on itunes

Well done on having amazing taste in movies. That film is awesome!

-----------------

Just woke up and happened to go to GOG, there were 12 seconds remaining on Alan Wake's American Nightmare for FREE, talk about good timing.

velociraptor

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (velociraptor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Swapper -- MB-E711D90386F08216 - Taken by Dice. 4 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-95FE120B3284B654 - Taken by Arukado. 4 entrants total.
Giana Sisters -- MB-AEB2CB9463A6B940 - Taken by MisterM. 3 entrants total.

t1403694374z1.png

oti

Banned
Forgot to uncheck the automatic renewal of my Eurosport Player subscription, now I lost 7€. That's like 2,5 games!
:(

JonCha

Is there a guide in how the craft cards? I just don't get it. Do you have to craft a certain amount of cards to be eligible for the free games?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Do these people even understand what they are doing? How are people supposed to find time to play all these free games.
I do kind of wonder if they are shooting themselves in the foot a bit. In theory, when your game sales have dropped so far, giving the game away will increase mindshare that helps sales for your sequel. However, if people haven't even gotten around to playing it yet because it was a free game they picked up, they may go "oh, but I have the first one, shouldn't get this until I play that..." and then never do.

Edit: Thanks for The Swapper. Is it going to break my brain?

JakeD

GOG redemption key -

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

PGP3OVL.png
Torchlight -- MB-EFD1823139EF727A - Taken by Milamber

redeem at: https://secure.gog.com/redeem

Arthea

Is there a guide in how the craft cards? I just don't get it. Do you have to craft a certain amount of cards to be eligible for the free games?

first you need cards (you buy them or get drops from games that can drop them), then you go to your badges tab and there is an option to craft a badge if you have all cards. That makes you eligible for free games, even if chance of that actually happening is exactly 0 in my eyes. ;)

Aye

You need at least 1 point on a day your team is 1st-3rd to be entered into the wishlist draw. Crafting any badge gets you that point.

I was hoping Steam would give away some free games ala Left 4 Dead 2 at the end of last year.
I'm still burned that I missed that. I completely missed that sale in general. At least I got Sniper Elite and Red Orchestra 2 though.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sourtreats:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Humble Indie Bundle #3 Steam Key -- MB-1E176C0D006EA020 - Taken by topyy. 7 entrants total.
English Country Tune -- MB-28933205AB46E922 - Taken by Myshkin. 1 entrants total.
Oil Rush -- MB-499B3D81D11BC29C - Taken by SpacePirate Ridley. 1 entrants total.

Metro 2033, Risen & Sacred Citadel -- MB-9E4C4D3DF7D350C7 - Taken by somnific. 8 entrants total.
Wizorb, BIT.TRIP.RUNNER, Gratuitous Space Battles, and Jamestown Steam Key -- MB-1727EF2DE3F6F594 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 6 entrants total.
Cave Story -- MB-F74835700A8FB852 - Taken by Yrael. 8 entrants total.
Offspring Fling -- MB-37F5D8275D5B2CBC - Taken by Killadji. 2 entrants total.
Eets Munchies Steam Key -- MB-27D1AE0F3C9EE822 - Taken by Benedict. 3 entrants total.
Intrusion 2 -- MB-A28394A33F1E05A9 - Taken by adburns. 2 entrants total.

t1403697074z1.png

Under 38 minutes left Gaf.

ModBot said:
Instructions for nightstorm:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

deponia -- MB-77D76AF4FC87C0C6 - Taken by DaBargainHunta

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

PGP3OVL.png
Torchlight (GOG) -- MB-820C01B95DD6FE3B - Taken by Mavromatis

If anyone missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom