• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a perfect mix of everything Torchlight 1 and Diablo 3 got right. That said, I found it to be kind of boring.

Yea both Torchlight 2 and D3 are good games but they just don't have the same appeal as Diablo 2... Path of Exile is actually the closest and best of the 3.

Red

I got bored with Metro pretty quickly. It is amongst the most corridory of corridor shooters. At least the beginning is.

Danielsan

I got bored with Metro pretty quickly. It is amongst the most corridory of corridor shooters. At least the beginning is.
Last light or 2033?
I never finished 2033 and ended up disliking most of the underground combat scenario's versus the humans, but those outside scenes. My god.

Red

Last light or 2033?
I never finished 2033 and ended up disliking most of the underground combat scenario's versus the humans, but those outside scenes. My god.
2033. Didn't have enough interest to continue with Last Light. Maybe once I get a new GPU I'll pick it up to see the visuals.

I will concede that the underground community was well presented and the game had a strong sense of place. Reminded me of The Chronicles of Riddick at times. But the monster shootbang parts weren't interesting and I thought the scenery was overly drab.

MisterM

2033. Didn't have enough interest to continue with Last Light. Maybe once I get a new GPU I'll pick it up to see the visuals.

I found Last Light to be the better of the two. I think I'm quite close to the end of LL, 2033 didn't hold my interest for too long at all.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I only purchased it a few days ago when i saw it was 50% off (normal sale price) making it 4.99 for Australia's Steam store. If it becomes a daily or flash deal at 75% off or higher i won't cry like others do.................... i know it's a risk of buying games without waiting to see if they get reduced further.

Have you played the game yet?

Forgot I had not bought Brothers. Got myself enough for another Summer card. Now to trade and craft for Emoticons. EXCITE.

I'm sure I paid 22p for the Castle Crashers DLC yesterday, now they are 8p each. ._.

Dat whole 14p lost.
If it makes you feel better the description says the proceeds go to charity. Somehow I feel that is after Valve takes their 30% cut...

Chariot

Make badges, not love
You can have both on Team Red. Red is the color of love and buttshaped lovesymbols.

jbaBQgsyJmlxCR.png

Bulletstorm might be the breeziest 8 hour shooter i've ever played. That i'm nearing the endgame and that it still feels so fresh gameplay-wise is a testament to its excellent combat and rewarding skill system. I think I'm going to wrap it up today after work, but man it's going to make other shooters boring for a while.

FaintDeftone

I think I'm done with the sale. I'll probably continue to vote on the community sales but I've purchased just about everything I wanted for the most part and crafted the summer badge.

My total haul was:

- Splinter Cell: Blacklist
- Darksiders II
- Marlow Briggs
- The Swapper
- State of Decay

I am only missing one or two summer cards for a badge. I've had like seven repeats of that one with the ghost.
Hit up the steam trading cards group on the steam community. There is a big thread of people posting offers and lots of offers for you to make. The main thread is 1:1 for Summer cards too.

Jag

Saw this on Blues:

Saints Row IV National Treasure Edition Announced

Deep Silver announces the Saints Row IV National Treasure Edition, an upcoming bundle of Saints Row IV and all the DLC for the open world action sequel coming this summer to Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 via digital distribution. This will come at the bargain price of $29.99, though it bears noting that the Saints Row Ultimate Franchise Pack on Steam has almost the same content along with the previous two Saints Row games for considerably less than that until tomorrow as part of the Steam Summer Sale.

So I guess the Steam price now is the best bet until the National Treasure Edition goes on sale.

cHinzo

Go Red Team! It's our time to shine again. :D Bought Far Cry 3, Metal Slug 3 and Splinter Cell Blacklist so far. Still waiting for Double Dragon Neon and Killer is Dead to go on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom