• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeDown

Banned
Glory comrads! The day is ours to loose! Also might do another contest. :D

FxdjttB.jpg

Tizoc

My avatar is George from Rainbow. A camp hippo.

Where do you think I'm from now?

I vaguely remember the character in your avatar from a show I watched as a kid but can't remember that show exactly.

Saw this on Blues:

So I guess the Steam price now is the best bet until the National Treasure Edition goes on sale.

Nice will grab it when it hits $15 or $10~

Anteater

I hope the next community vote choice will be action - male protagonist with blood dragon, call of juarez gunslinger, bastion and DmC: Devil may cry vs Casual - Cool awesome art direction with Braid, Limbo and Mirror's Edge

Flash sale should be The Blackwell Bundle, bulletstorm and games that're not speedrunners and double dragon

Anyway, just finished Blackwell Legacy, I found it pretty decent and short, will look forward to the rest of the episodes!

rtcn63

My best friend was from Finland. One day she told me she found someone like me, but younger and better. I now keep a perpetually burning Finnish flag in my yard.

user237

I'm trying to trade cards on the Steam for the first time.

I've found a few posts on the steam trading forums that seem like a good match, but when I try to trade with them, I'm not able to see their inventory. It just shows a spinning wait animation and nothing happens.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it just really slow?

Ezra2680

Think I messed up by not getting Divinity Original Sin when it was on sale the other day. Watched someone play it on twitch last night and realized how great the game looks. Really hoping it goes back on sale.

All I want is a Visual Novel Community Vote :(

Finally, a vote that actually is reflective of the level of interactivity the games provide :p

I'm still holding out for a decent sale on the Resident evil games and on AssCreedLib. C'mon, big publishers, help a guy on the blue team not feel so blue.

aku:jiki

Wasn't dissing anyone. Sorry if it came out that way.
Geez, man, I'm kidding. Swedes typically don't have nationalistic pride so feel free to joke away.

My best friend was from Finland. One day she told me she found someone like me, but younger and better. I now keep a perpetually burning Finnish flag in my yard.
No one likes the finns so that's fine.

I have two finnish ex-girlfriends.

Crafted Summer badge and emoticon, ironic background (Pink Team victory; I'm purple Valve!) and worthless swimming trunks item. If I was in it for the money I'd have just sold the cards though. Would not craft again :p I also think it is a bit rough that you don't get a summer card for crafting the badge (while you do for crafting anything else).

I'm trying to trade cards on the Steam for the first time.

I've found a few posts on the steam trading forums that seem like a good match, but when I try to trade with them, I'm not able to see their inventory. It just shows a spinning wait animation and nothing happens.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it just really slow?
Are you doing this in the client or on a web browser? It is somewhat buggy in both but slightly less so in the client (offers more likely to go through).

Sometimes items won't load but you can still trade them.

If you do get an error check to see if the offer sent anyway (sometimes it does).

Deitus

So is the Saints Row IV DLC as bad as the SR3 DLC? The Season Pass will be on sale for $2.50 for the next few hours, which is not a bad price (especially considering I got SRIV for free), but I'm not going to bother if it's bad.

garath

so now Red's winning handily. Guess it's not fixed then? Didn't red win once already?

My team is fighting neck and neck for 2nd. Go Green! I did my part with 11 points. lol

user237

Crafted Summer badge and emoticon, ironic background (Pink Team victory; I'm purple Valve!) and worthless swimming trunks item. If I was in it for the money I'd have just sold the cards though. Would not craft again :p I also think it is a bit rough that you don't get a summer card for crafting the badge (while you do for crafting anything else).

Are you doing this in the client or on a web browser? It is somewhat buggy in both but slightly less so in the client (offers more likely to go through).

Sometimes items won't load but you can still trade them.

If you do get an error check to see if the offer sent anyway (sometimes it does).

I'm using the browser... I'll try the client instead. Thanks.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Got you covered.

Well, I didn't win, but with 64 entrants my chances were pretty low, I guess. :lol

Also it looks like nobody won (or even entered for?) Super Amazing Wagon Adventure, but I just tried entering for it and didn't get it, so apparently someone won and Modbot just hasn't updated with the results or something. Ah well.

Chariot

What are some good visual novels on Steam? I guess I don't have much experience (like...any) with that genre. I did play through Cherry Tree High Comedy Club, if that counts?
Yeah, Cherry Tree High is one. Steam has not many.
Narcussu 1st & 2nd is for free, wonderful game. Dysfunctional Systems has a nice feel to it, Analogue: A Hate Story and Hate Plus are very praised, WORLD END ECONOMiCA looks nice, Recettear and Long Live the Queen are really very great games.
There are other Visual Novels too, but I really didn't like Go! Go! Nippon!, because it was like the scary wet dream of an western Otaku.
Well, I didn't win, but with 64 entrants my chances were pretty low, I guess. :lol

Also it looks like nobody won (or even entered for?) Super Amazing Wagon Adventure, but I just tried entering for it and didn't get it, so apparently someone won and Modbot just hasn't updated with the results or something. Ah well.
SpacePirate Ridley won the game. 9 participants :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
GamersGate sent out unique -20% codes to long-term customers about 45 minutes ago. They're valid for a month. I'm not sure what period of time constitutes "long", exactly, but for what it's worth I signed up in April 2011, so I'd guess three years at the least.

Copons

#personalStuffTime

Oh gawd.
A couple of days ago my girlfriend and me made a resolution to quit smoking as soon as Italy was kicked out World Cup, in order to put our saved cash into a holiday-piggy-bank.
We were allowed to end our current box, or in my case my tobacco bag.

I'm probably 4 or 5 cigarettes until the end and I already would like to punch strangers in the face.

As this is not the first time I quit smoking, I know that my behavior could go straight to shit in a week or so, I'd like to take this moment to say goodbye to all of you before my ban or something. :D

Arthea

wait what? since when no one likes Finns?
I even dropped my work after seeing this, that's how I'm shocked (legit even)
Not only Finnish games are the best out there (Polish are close thought), they are cute too!
OK, last one might be slight exaggeration, but only slight, mind you

you are all simply bitter that they are better at MMO you like than you are!

#personalStuffTime

Oh gawd.
A couple of days ago my girlfriend and me made a resolution to quit smoking as soon as Italy was kicked out World Cup, in order to put our saved cash into a holiday-piggy-bank.

I'm probably 4 or 5 cigarettes until the end and I already would like to punch strangers in the face.

As this is not the first time I quit smoking, I know that my behavior could go straight to shit in a week or so, I'd like to take this moment to say goodbye to all of you before my ban or something. :D

don't worry. just relax. you can do it. you don't need the addiction. good luck.

#personalStuffTime

Oh gawd.

Stay strong and eat lots of ice cream

Ezra2680

#personalStuffTime

Oh gawd.

Try starting a new addiction, like World of Warcraft or DOTA2

GamersGate sent out unique -20% codes to long-term customers about 45 minutes ago. They're valid for a month. I'm not sure what period of time constitutes "long", exactly, but for what it's worth I signed up in April 2011, so I'd guess three years at the least.

My first purchase is from 1st July 2011, didn't get anything (yet?)

Milamber

#personalStuffTime

Oh gawd.

#OhGodPersonalStuffTime

Gods help you. At least you have some one that will suffer along with you.

So is the Saints Row IV DLC as bad as the SR3 DLC? The Season Pass will be on sale for $2.50 for the next few hours, which is not a bad price (especially considering I got SRIV for free), but I'm not going to bother if it's bad.
It should be noted the season pass does not have all the DLC. I think only 2 of the episodes.

I wouldn't say they're bad, but they are very short. I beat both How The Saints Saved Christmas and Enter The Dominatrix within 45 minutes each. Albeit 45 hilarious minutes, but still kinda short. Decent pickup for that price.

Deques

I didn't receive any mail from them. Was I supposed to opt for the newsletter?

First purchase was in 1st Jul 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom