• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vuze

#personalStuffTime

Oh gawd.
A couple of days ago my girlfriend and me made a resolution to quit smoking as soon as Italy was kicked out World Cup, in order to put our saved cash into a holiday-piggy-bank.
We were allowed to end our current box, or in my case my tobacco bag.

I'm probably 4 or 5 cigarettes until the end and I already would like to punch strangers in the face.

As this is not the first time I quit smoking, I know that my behavior could go straight to shit in a week or so, I'd like to take this moment to say goodbye to all of you before my ban or something. :D

He, good luck, you can do it!
Always glad I didn't start smoking/drinking etc., bud of mine is in quite a similair situation atm haha. Internet and games are enough for me addiction-wise.

Dambrosi

Banned
So, I have to sleep sometime. Did I miss any GOG freebies during my slumber?

And I see #TeamRed is cementing their glorious lead over the hoi-poloi. Good show, komrades!

The_Monk

I'm well, but my wallet is not. I secretly hope that the sales would start sucking from now on, my wallet would be grateful.

It's getting harsh indeed but I might be pretty much done unless the hype pull me back in. Spent some time with AoE 2 HD and I'm having a wonderful time, also, my Backlog is strong enough to keep me in the safe zone. Let's see today's deals to see how I react.

Hi there! Right back at you. :)

Thanks!

#personalStuffTime

Silly Copons, just get some self control and focus on what matters! It's not that hard, there are harder things in life, besides you are much more cool when you are not smoking, like today! Woah, is that you? Man, you look so awesome today! Have you been smoking less? Both you and your girlfriend look amazing!

The only moments when smoking is cool was when you were installing Metal Gear Solid 4 on the PS3. :p

Arthea

#personalStuffTime
After last time trying to quit smoking, I decided never again, not only I was extremely unhappy (I don't lose temper, I just feel downright miserable), but I had breathing problems all the time, had to give up.
That's why I really admire people that can just decide and quit, good luck, and may force be with you!

neoemonk

I fell asleep early last night and missed a vote!

So far I've only bought stuff with card money. Gone Home and Torchlight II. I'm honestly hoping for a sale on FF VIII, as weird as that may sound.

Hugstable

Banned
Yeah, Cherry Tree High is one. Steam has not many.
Narcussu 1st & 2nd is for free, wonderful game. Dysfunctional Systems has a nice feel to it, Analogue: A Hate Story and Hate Plus are very praised, WORLD END ECONOMiCA looks nice, Recettear and Long Live the Queen are really very great games.
There are other Visual Novels too, but I really didn't like Go! Go! Nippon!, because it was like the scary wet dream of an western Otaku.SpacePirate Ridley won the game. 9 participants :D

Don't Forget about Paca Plus! -_-

Arthea

So, I have to sleep sometime. Did I miss any GOG freebies during my slumber?

And I see #TeamRed is cementing their glorious lead over the hoi-poloi. Good show, komrades!

what last one you got?
it was in this order:
Omerta
Still Life 2
Torchlight
American Nightmare

So is the Saints Row IV DLC as bad as the SR3 DLC? The Season Pass will be on sale for $2.50 for the next few hours, which is not a bad price (especially considering I got SRIV for free), but I'm not going to bother if it's bad.

What was it that you thought was bad? I thought the DlC for both was good, just over priced. For $2.50, thats a good price.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My first purchase is from 1st July 2011, didn't get anything (yet?)
I didn't receive any mail from them. Was I supposed to opt for the newsletter?

First purchase was in 1st Jul 2011

Hmm, a newsletter subscription could be a requirement, or perhaps it's not based on your join date but rather date of first purchase (mine was when I signed up). The e-mail just says this:

Thanks for being loyal!

For a long time you've been a loyal customer at Gamersgate and for that we award you! We offer a unique 20% discount code for your next purchase.

<snip>

So visit www.gamersgate.com, and use your code today!

The code will be valid for one month, and you redeem it during the check out.

Game on!
GamersGate Team

DeS3InY

Two years of WoW made me basically drop out of university and a break up with my 7-years-long ex girlfriend. :D
All in all I'd almost say cigarette-related-health-issues >>>> WoW.

the problem is you can't really compare the two as the cigarettes may induce problems that you'll feel way later in life while wow has more immediate reprecussions (and long-term ones)

so best to take it easy and balance your addiction ^^

Arthea

So do they just post the free gamesright on the GOG homepage or what?

they hide them amongst other flash deals
although hide them is funny word in this case

Hmm, a newsletter subscription could be a requirement, or perhaps it's not based on your join date but rather date of first purchase (mine was when I signed up). The e-mail just says this:

Am I not loyal enough? They never gave me those codes, and I could have used one during summer sale, as I bought many games from them

aku:jiki

Not only Finnish games are the best out there (Polish are close thought), they are cute too!
[/SPOILER]
Oh, now you've done it. Now it's offensive for real!

Remedy and RedLynx versus DICE, Paradox, Starbreeze, Avalanche, Mojang, Overkill, Simbin... Everyone knows what Scandinavian country is running this videogame thing.

Copons

Sounds like an alcoholic saying he'll stop after finishing the remaining five bottles of whiskey. I SWEAR ON ME MUM. Stop now, throw them away.

Eh, for personal experience, I can say that (for me of course), it doesn't matter how I do it. I quit several times over the years, and two times for more than 1 year. Once I throw away the packet, the other ending it.
As this time our motive is basically just cash related, we didn't find any reason to not end what we already bought. :D

Silly Copons, just get some self control and focus on what matters! It's not that hard, there are harder things in life, besides you are much more cool when you are not smoking, like today! Woah, is that you? Man, you look so awesome today! Have you been smoking less? Both you and your girlfriend look amazing!

The only moments when smoking is cool was when you were installing Metal Gear Solid 4 on the PS3. :p

LOL I should reinstall it while watching a couple of Mad Men episodes.
But then I'd probably need something to vent my frustration, and I fear my cat will be the handiest object in the room. :D

also I look way cooler while smoking, think Humphrey Bogart, but cooler and hairier

Arthea

Oh, now you've done it. Now it's offensive for real!

Remedy and RedLynx versus DICE, Paradox, Starbreeze, Avalanche, Mojang, Overkill, Simbin... Everyone knows what Scandinavian country is running this videogame thing.

let the truth be known! why hide it?

Can you list it on the market? I see it there, but I can't sell mine. No idea why.

so i did way too much searching on this

they removed the marketable part almost immediately but any listings still available stayed so its just a slowly dwindling pool of knights that were listed like the first day it was available

the people who just put them up at 15 dollars sure look smart now

milena87

#personalStuffTime

Oh gawd.
A couple of days ago my girlfriend and me made a resolution to quit smoking as soon as Italy was kicked out World Cup, in order to put our saved cash into a holiday-piggy-bank.

I'm probably 4 or 5 cigarettes until the end and I already would like to punch strangers in the face.

As this is not the first time I quit smoking, I know that my behavior could go straight to shit in a week or so, I'd like to take this moment to say goodbye to all of you before my ban or something. :D

Good luck and stay strong!

Most of my friends that stopped smoking started a new and strange addiction. Tisane. I don't know, maybe they felt the urge to be purified.

so i did way too much searching on this

they removed the marketable part almost immediately but any listings still available stayed so its just a slowly dwindling pool of knights that were listed like the first day it was available

the people who just put them up at 15 dollars sure look smart now

Yeah I guessed it was something like that. Sucks.

The market for BB items seems kind of pointless since everything else is worthless anyway.

Deitus

It should be noted the season pass does not have all the DLC. I think only 2 of the episodes.

It's my understanding that all of the rest of the DLC content is costumes, weapons, and "homies". I wasn't expecting any of this, and I really couldn't care less about it. I finished SRIV a while ago, so the only thing that would get me to launch the program again is new gameplay content.

What was it that you thought was bad? I thought the DlC for both was good, just over priced. For $2.50, thats a good price.

I guess you are right. I did find the DLC in SR3 to be entertaining, at least with respect to the dialogue, and the sheer Saint's Row insanity of it. But gameplay wise it was pretty shallow, and super short. It was worth playing, but not worth the price of admission. I guess for $2.50 that's probably fine.

I wouldn't say they're bad, but they are very short. I beat both How The Saints Saved Christmas and Enter The Dominatrix within 45 minutes each. Albeit 45 hilarious minutes, but still kinda short. Decent pickup for that price.

I guess it's worth it for the humor then. I'll go ahead and pick it up.

Thanks guys.

garath

Debating snagging Torchlight 2. I love me some Diablo style loot games but I wasn't very impressed with Torchlight 1. I hear 2 fixed most everyone's complaints though. Is it worth $5 GAF?

Torchlight 2 was ok. I played it, beat it and never wanted to play it again.

Path of Exile is pretty good from the fantasy vein and free to play.

Marvel Heroes is a lot of fun but that's not fantasy. It's comics.

Both free to play so worth trying if you like the loot games.

What this cookies must be enabled stuff? Just all of a sudden. Trying to sell my cards.

It does that randomly to me. Restart Steam and go straight to your inventory, and it should let you sell them.

Annoying. If I had a .gif of Michael Bolton from Office Space pulling the paper out of the fax machine... I'd put it here.

tmarques

Why are they repeating two games on the Flash sales when they already have permission from the Double Dragon publisher? Ugh.

(Has Purple given up? And why do I find this stupid race entertaining?)

Double

Oh shit, I won Delver! Was on the fence about getting it when I for once considered the backlog (tm).

Thanks Chariot!! (and sorry Seraphis ;>)

Gonna try to give something back soon (if Modbot feels more like it this time, can't seem to get the fucker to send me the receipt :( he even lists my key when I ask him about "my loot" BUT WHERE DA RECEIPT BUD! =)

DogMeat77

Debating snagging Torchlight 2. I love me some Diablo style loot games but I wasn't very impressed with Torchlight 1. I hear 2 fixed most everyone's complaints though. Is it worth $5 GAF?

Have you tried Path of Exile?
It is good and it is also free to play.

I second Path of Exile. It is a great game and even though it is F2P, it is not Pay to Win since the micro transaction are cosmetic or storage slots. I've played it since the closed beta and still go back to it to play with my wife.

kafiend

#personalStuffTime

Oh gawd.

Try getting a proper e-cig kit (not those crap cig-lookalikes) if your willpower fails you. I haven't smoked in 18 months after going at it for 30 years with many failed attempts of giving up.
I dropped my nicotine intake from the juice to almost 0% now as well so I basically inhale fruit flavor :)
Forget looking for a cigarette flavor replacement as it seems pointless if you think about it and use other nicotine infused flavors to get your fix.

Here's GAF's thread on ecigs. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=394017

On topic: I'm kind of upset that Valve is managing to manipulate people in this sale with this this team bullshit.

Trejik

#personalStuffTime

Oh gawd.

Serious advice, find something new to concentrate on. I've quit smoking 4 times, all successfully for over 6 months. First time was excercise for my work, second time was audio editing kept my mind full, third time was excercise and fourth time it was as easy as just not buying cigarettes.

I will recommend that if you smoke industrial cigarettes you buy a roller and start smoking roll-your-owns. They take AGES to smoke, tire you very quickly and have a tendency of having to be re-lighted constantly. You will A) want to stop smoking or B) get used to them and smoke way less and save over 60-70% for smoking the same amount on industrial ones.

Good luck, it's tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom