• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Step 1: Go to www.steamtrades.com/
Step 2: Login with your Steam account
Step 3: In the search box in the top right hand corner do a search e.g. "Fall of Cybertron"
Step 4: Select a post for the cheapest deal e.g. This
Step 5: Put in the comments 'Adding for Transformers: Fall of Cybertron'
Step 6: Add the user
Step 7: Trade with user with TF2 keys from the Steam Marketplace
Step 8: Receive and play your game.

Currently TF2 keys are $2.22 a key .5 refers to a Tour of Duty ticket which is $0.95. So all up Fall of Cybertron costs $5.39. Beats paying $15 yes?
Ah, I see. Thank you for the explanation. :)

Mozendo

Just played an 60 minutes of Borderlands 2 and I must say it looks to be an addicting adventure. The guns all have a different feel to it and I like the artstyle. The humour can be off putting for some but I enjoy the silly dialogue.

Worth it for the price IMO.

Mid game the feeling wears off, it then gets repetitive and you start seeing the same guns designs, probably run into the same type of guns too.

Eternia

Should I buy something called Chtulu (sp) Saves the World for 70 cents or so? Can't tell if it's awesome or stupid.
It was a fun little SNES-era inspired turn-based rpg. If you're looking for an experience similar to those with a little more humour and condensed to about 8 hours, 70 cents can't go wrong.

Just played an 60 minutes of Borderlands 2 and I must say it looks to be an addicting adventure. The guns all have a different feel to it and I like the artstyle. The humour can be off putting for some but I enjoy the silly dialogue.

Worth it for the price IMO.

I played an ungodly amount of this on both 360 and pc...

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Just a reminder. Nanomachines.
ModBot said:
Instructions for nbnt:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Wolf Among Us -- MB-7BB9D11F04AC821A - Taken by Coldsun. 82 entrants total.
BattleBlock Theater -- MB-7591E221259C7AFB - Taken by Gez. 23 entrants total.
METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE -- MB-8EED3E40266E73F4 - Taken by Cru. 91 entrants total.

t1403482017z1.png

dot

Bought Blacklight: Tango Down thinking it would have a sp & mp component only to find out there is no sp component (at least as far as I can tell) and that no one plays it online anymore.

You should just play Blacklight Retribution....it's free to play but it's very good.

Much better than Tango Down.

tmarques

It was a fun little SNES-era inspired turn-based rpg. If you're looking for an experience similar to those with a little more humour and condensed to about 8 hours, 70 cents can't go wrong.

Sold. It was mostly the idea of 40 hours of grinding that scared me. Thanks.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im sad

i got 7 hours of work left

im sleepy

fuck everything. Maybe new flashes in an hour will cheer me up

bet its all repeats

i honestly cant decide on metal gear rising and metro

i already own rising for ps3 and have beaten it, but it would be fun to play again on a better machine...but 15 might be a little too much for double dipping

metro is cheaper on the other hand, but is getting an upgraded version eventually...

arg! why the hell did I get dynasty warriors for 25 bucks!

Crayons

Banned
Thanks for the reminder!
Mostly for the console players I would imagine, doubtful there will be much difference for us.

I really haven't looked into it that much though.
For Metro 2033 Redux, Metro 2033 has been rebuilt using the newest version of the powerful 4A Engine, last seen in action in Metro: Last Light. That means advanced lighting, dynamic weather, higher detail for characters with improved animation, more dynamic destruction, and improved smoke, fire, and particle effect.

Metro: Last Light Redux has also received a upgrade, including new melee animations and the fan-requested ‘Check Watch’ and ‘Check Inventory’ features. All previously released Metro: Last Light DLC will be included in this Redux version.

New ways to play
Both Redux versions will now feature two modes of play: ‘Survival’ and ‘Spartan’. Survival lets you play either game in Metro 2033's more survival-horror oriented style, with deadlier enemies, slower reloading, and more limited resources. Spartan lets you play either game in the Last Light style, with more polished combat and more plentiful resources.

Ranger Mode is included for free in both Redux versions, and can be combined with Survival or Spartan modes, leading to a total of four modes of play for each game.

Hell I think I'll buy both of them

Pachimari

Can't decide on Rising either. I had it on Xbox 360 but never finished it as it didn't hook me that much unfortunately. So I guess I'm betting on a repeat the last day of the sales and making up my mind there. It's likely I'll wait for a higher price cut next year.

Prophane33

Have their been any price glitches like last sale? I remember an insane dishonored glitch during the winter sale.

There is usually 1 crazy good price mistake each sale (honestly I believe they are almost purposeful). There hasn't been one yet, but make sure you are around for sale switches so you don't miss any.

Acccent

Is it normal that I can't see the profile of someone whom I'm friends with? (the profile is set to private, but I thought the restriction was only applied to non-friends)

Grief.exe

Is it normal that I can't see the profile of someone whom I'm friends with? (the profile is set to private, but I thought the restriction was only applied to non-friends)

I can't access the community side right now to double check, but I would imagine there are multiple levels of security.

• Public
  • Private
  • Friends only

Mozendo

Yup, people can set their profiles to private, friends only, and public.
Private applies to anyone who isn't the owner of the account.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
American Soccer fans right now:

e25edbf0fddc.gif

nah, even if they lose to Germany, they would either need to take like 5 goals, or Portugal to score like 5 goals against ghana. neither will happen, USA is going through, and its well deserved too

but lets leave that to the world cup topic :)

The_Monk

It's up to you Accent, here are the options. :)

ZGYOoYj.png

Also, side note but I can never "Rate up" anything from fantomena, it's the only GAFfer that this happens. Any reason why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom