• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
I second Path of Exile. It is a great game and even though it is F2P, it is not Pay to Win since the micro transaction are cosmetic or storage slots. I've played it since the closed beta and still go back to it to play with my wife.

Yep as I said a few pages ago Path of Exile is the closest we will get to Diablo 2 ever and quite possibly the best loot based ARPG we will get in the next 10 years (presuming it took that long to make a great one since D2)

Altazor

Debating snagging Torchlight 2. I love me some Diablo style loot games but I wasn't very impressed with Torchlight 1. I hear 2 fixed most everyone's complaints though. Is it worth $5 GAF?

Path of Exile? Free to play (but NOT P2W), arguably the closest thing to Diablo 2 in terms of atmosphere, an amazing skill tree. The animations are not that good though, and sometimes the game disconnects and boots you back to the title screen, but it's great.

Try getting a proper e-cig kit (not those crap cig-lookalikes) if your willpower fails you. I haven't smoked in 18 months after going at it for 30 years with many failed attempts of giving up.
I dropped my nicotine intake from the juice to almost 0% now as well so I basically inhale fruit flavor :)
Forget looking for a cigarette flavor replacement as it seems pointless if you think about it and use other nicotine infused flavors to get your fix.

Here's GAF's thread on ecigs. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=394017

On topic: I'm kind of upset that Valve is managing to manipulate people in this sale with this this team bullshit.

This. e-cigs are a huge help for quiting. I was on e-cigs for only 2-3 weeks before I couldn't finish a regular cig and then another week or so before I didn't even feel like smoking an e-cig. Never looked back since.

Make sure to get a strength of "juice" that matches your current smoking habits, otherwise if you get some weak ass e-cig, you will be chain smoking it non stop. No different then when getting a patch or gum, just way, way more effective. Sorry for the thread derail, just can't help give love for e-cigs when it comes to helping quit,

Volimar

Holy cow I won a game. It was origin though. Perhaps my bad luck only pertains to Steam..

Thanks for command & conquer, Facism!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ModBot will be down for the next half an hour or so at least. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Edit: Okay, well, that was quick. Had to move it to a different server. Seems to be working fine. Let me know if anything isn't working properly.

Deitus

ßthePenguin;118166726 said:
I want me some bleeding pixels.

Yeah, I voted for platformer so They Bleed Pixels would go on sale. Although, from the look of it it's only a difference of 50 cents if that goes on sale.

Aesthet1c

Thanks for the recommends on Path of Exile guys, I've actually played it though and enjoy it.

I was just thinking about Torchlight because it's something different to try out.

Nymphae

Banned
Try getting a proper e-cig kit (not those crap cig-lookalikes) if your willpower fails you. I haven't smoked in 18 months after going at it for 30 years with many failed attempts of giving up.
I dropped my nicotine intake from the juice to almost 0% now as well so I basically inhale fruit flavor :)
Forget looking for a cigarette flavor replacement as it seems pointless if you think about it and use other nicotine infused flavors to get your fix.

Here's GAF's thread on ecigs. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=394017

On topic: I'm kind of upset that Valve is managing to manipulate people in this sale with this this team bullshit.

I second this. I was a HEAVY smoker who very much enjoyed it and had no real desire to quit. 2 collapsed lungs (separate times :p) made me want to get off them though.

I've been off cigarettes for like 5 months now and prefer ecigs in every single way. Cheaper (after initial investments and experimenting), tastes better, you have more control over your nicotine levels, they look cool and are a conversation piece, you can "smoke" them inside most places (which is great here in Ontario Canada where we can't smoke in bars, now I laugh at the smokers while I sit at the bar vaping away lol.)

The only downside is that they require slightly more maintenance and tinkering than simply opening a pack and lighting up. But it is completely worth it to me to be off the regular cigarettes.

The_Monk

LOL I should reinstall it while watching a couple of Mad Men episodes.
But then I'd probably need something to vent my frustration, and I fear my cat will be the handiest object in the room. :D

also I look way cooler while smoking, think Humphrey Bogart, but cooler and hairier

Why is the cat that always suffers, leave her alone!

Also, sorry my good man Copons but you don't look cooler when smoking. It makes you look very bland. Here's some quotes I found online after searching a bit about yourself:

"Ah, look at that guy, Copons, trying to look cooler while smoking. Hey PAL the 90's called, they want that feel back" - Giovanni, Rome, Lazio

"Look dude smoking doesn't make you cooler, seriously. Same with bragging about how hipster you are with that Steam thing, if you want to impress me, talk to me Louis vuitton style, please, hunf." -Graziella, Venice

"Smoking these days make you look as cool as wearing my suspenders when I'm not working" - Super Mario

Copons

I won't switch to e-cigs. :)
If I have to quit I have to do fully. I'll gain loads of weight, I'll be annoying as hell for a month or so, and then, if life won't deal me crappy cards, it'll be fine.

Serious advice, find something new to concentrate on. I've quit smoking 4 times, all successfully for over 6 months. First time was excercise for my work, second time was audio editing kept my mind full, third time was excercise and fourth time it was as easy as just not buying cigarettes.

I will recommend that if you smoke industrial cigarettes you buy a roller and start smoking roll-your-owns. They take AGES to smoke, tire you very quickly and have a tendency of having to be re-lighted constantly. You will A) want to stop smoking or B) get used to them and smoke way less and save over 60-70% for smoking the same amount on industrial ones.

Good luck, it's tough.

I've been smoking rolled cigs for years now, I love them and I hate industrial ones, so I guess they won't be a viable alternative. :D

Also, sorry everyone for this derail. Let's ditch it and get back on topic. :)

Copons

Why is the cat that always suffers, leave her alone!

Also, sorry my good man Copons but you don't look cooler when smoking. It makes you look very bland. Here's some quotes I found online after searching a bit about yourself:

"Ah, look at that guy, Copons, trying to look cooler while smoking. Hey PAL the 90's called, they want that feel back" - Giovanni, Rome, Lazio

"Look dude smoking doesn't make you cooler, seriously. Same with bragging about how hipster you are with that Steam thing, if you want to impress me, talk to me Louis vuitton style, please, hunf." -Graziella, Venice

"Smoking these days make you look as cool as wearing my suspenders when I'm not working" - Super Mario

LOL

I honestly don't know anyone called "Giovanni" or "Graziella", or "Super Mario" for that matter (searched him on Steam with no results).
So your argument is invalid. :D

Jeremy

I bought a friend TL2 and they accepted the gift and have it in their library and haven't said a single word to me. I wish I could just send "FINE" and have it removed from their library

Guys, im pretty excited at my bluetooth mouse coming in the mail today, My comfy couch just became point and click compatible ::fist pump::

Also, can anyone recommend an average affordable bluetooth keyboard? Most seem to be made for the ipad or some other tablets and i don't want a tiny baby keyboard.

TsuXna

What? Why? :(
Also that's really mean since I (or for that matter anyone) can't do anything anymore to stop red from winning.

Because I want to win games :/
You can give me your points :p
I was away for a few hours and opened Tomb rider just to get few cards but haven't got a card ><

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
PoE is the king of modern day arpgs imo.

ehh.. not sure. the arpg landscape is no so cut and dried anymore.

Marvel Heroes IMHO is EASILY the best D2-alike. If you want D2 in a modern game system, Marvel beats everyone else hands down.

POE is very good in sort of "bringing diablo to the present". That is taking what people loved about D2 and kind of reimagining it as a modern game. I guess Diablo is inappropriate here, but bringing the "Diablo qualities" to the present.

Diablo 3 is the winner in just sheer scope. I mean the thing is just friggin huge and the end game with 2.0 nearly endless with multiple different end games to play. Also with 2.0 I really don't feel there is any longer anything to really strongly criticize about the game anymore. I realize for many it's simply "too late" from the bad taste of 1.x.. but really 2.x is just a modern "among the best" arpg.

and then you have torchlight... Torchlight does "fun" better than any of these games, even marvel by just a hair. If you just want to jump in, have a ton of friggin fun, and want a light hearted awesome romp.

They all have their qualities.. it largely comes down to "what kind of ARPG do you want to play?"

Most of my time these days is spent with D3 for the end game and Marvel for the license and CONSTANTLY added to game.

Shadownet

Banned
I just realised something..

I switch my profile picture to this awesome redesign of the green ranger about a couple days before I entered the teams race on steam... It put me on the Green Team...

They know!! :O

yoshizzle

I bought a friend TL2 and they accepted the gift and have it in their library and haven't said a single word to me. I wish I could just send "FINE" and have it removed from their library

It's possible he/she accepted the gift too quickly and didn't check to see who it came from.

REV 09

This sale has sucked so far. Didn't realize just how much Steam has been overtaken by indie, early access, and ftp stuff. The average quality of titles seems to be slipping.

BruteUA

Prepare for friend requests from hobos who only want to use you for free games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom