• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolaroo

Just bought Rocksmith , it is one of the hardest games I've ever played. Never have I felt more tempted to chuck the "controller" across the room.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Ugh, I should not have bought Age of Wonders 3. I loaded up a game. The UI and controls seem so disjointed and unintuitive.

Dambrosi

Banned
what last one you got?
it was in this order:
Omerta
Still Life 2
Torchlight
American Nightmare
You mean the Alan Wake game? I already have it, so I'm not too broken up about it.

If it had been something good/I didn't already own, I'd have been mildly irritated, but life would have gone on.

Oh yeah - contribooted to #TeamRed's inevitable victory. One point is better than none, even if it was from a Bad Rats badge.

kris.

Banned
Just bought Rocksmith , it is one of the hardest games I've ever played. Never have I felt more tempted to chuck the "controller" across the room.

i've been wanting to buy this for the longest time but never have because it's still too expensive for my taste plus i'd have to buy the cord to plug my guitar in. it's like the perfect motivation for me to actually learn how to play electric.

sabanoo

So I was an idiot and somehow entered two giveaways for The Blackwell Bundle and also somehow won both. The second giver has informed me to raffle it off again so here we go. That generous person was Shadownet btw.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Blackwell Bundle -- MB-339D7E5E31CC389F - Taken by Nymphae. 19 entrants total.

t1403716590z1.png

Deitus

This sale has sucked so far. Didn't realize just how much Steam has been overtaken by indie, early access, and ftp stuff. The average quality of titles seems to be slipping.

Oh no, not indies. The horror! The nerve of those damn indie developers trying to participate in this sale.

But seriously, if the discounts in the AAA space are bad, it's because of the big publishers, not indies. Or you just already own all of the games that normally get good deals.

I'll agree with you on early access, if only because you never get deep discounts on games that aren't released yet. But I guess if its a game you wanted to pick up anyway, 25-50% off probably isn't to bad.

Zafir

How did red get so far ahead.... Purple was in the lead by 50k last night and now the site says red are in lead by double lol?

Myshkin

So I was an idiot and somehow entered two giveaways for The Blackwell Bundle and also somehow won both. The second giver has informed me to raffle it off again so here we go. That generous person was Shadownet btw.

Make sure to craft a badge today. You're bound to win 3 games from your Steam wishlist!-)

Shadownet

Banned

I should enter this raffle. If I win, I think Modbot might explode. :p *cannot compute*

Eanan

So I was just offered Galactic Civilisations III Founder's Elite Edition on steamtrades for a rare game I have.

Why exactly is it like €100? I dont understand why the game is so expensive.

Just a heads up.
The Ship Complete is 0,99
Chivalry + Deadliest Warrior 7,99
on Bundlestars. Both redeemable on Steam plus the Ship comes with 2 extra copies for gifting.
Pretty good Deal.

Chivalry Complete is lowest ever. Deal lasts 1day 23 hours from now.
So the usual approach of waiting for deals/last day on Steam is out.

Waiting only for ~ 2 days. If no better deal by then on Steam, then I'm got them both

kurahador

How did red get so far ahead.... Purple was in the lead by 50k last night and now the site says red are in lead by double lol?

See which team got their points stolen the most...there's your answer.

Other team still salty purple won the first day and almost won the second.

Zafir

So I was just offered Galactic Civilisations III Founder's Elite Edition on steamtrades for a rare game I have.

Why exactly is it like €100? I dont understand why the game is so expensive.
Bear in mind the Russian price is only £30ish, so if it's a really rare game you may be getting ripped off.

As for why it's that price, it includes all the expansions and DLC they'll ever release. They've said they're planning on releasing content for it for a good couple of years.

sabanoo

Make sure to craft a badge today. You're bound to win 3 games from your Steam wishlist!-)

Right!? I really never win these things... At least I've got some fun point and click adventure games to get going on!

Shadownet said:
I should enter this raffle. If I win, I think Modbot might explode. :p *cannot compute*

Hah, that'd be great.

Eanan

Bear in mind the Russian price is only £30ish, so if it's a really rare game you may be getting ripped off.

As for why it's that price, it includes all the expansions and DLC they'll ever release. They've said they're planning on releasing content for it for a good couple of years.

Oh I see. Thanks for the info. I passed on the trade. Still holding out for an offer of DAYZ for the game (007 legends).

tmarques

I'm not sure I understand why Steam is charging for these, but here it goes -

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dead Island Epidemic #1 -- MB-2E6BB1868D527BAB
Dead Island Epidemic #2 -- MB-A9C812E3175A070E

Erekiddo

We're pretty much hitting the half point today, so roll call! How much have you spent on the sale so far?

Go to badge section > summer cards > click on 'How do I earn card drops?'

You have spent approximately $109.63 USD in the store since the sale began.

Yikes.

tmarques

If you pay for the beta. Do you still have to pay for the actual game when it come out?

I have no idea how it works to be honest, I don't really play MP games. I thought they were giving it away but the store is charging 10 bucks so I guessed some people might be interested.

adburns

Trine 2

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Trine 2 -- MB-7890FE383F8B177F - Taken by redfirm. 7 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Trine 2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1403707741z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom