• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trejik

ehh.. not sure. the arpg landscape is no so cut and dried anymore.

Marvel Heroes IMHO is EASILY the best D2-alike. If you want D2 in a modern game system, Marvel beats everyone else hands down.

POE is very good in sort of "bringing diablo to the present". That is taking what people loved about D2 and kind of reimagining it as a modern game. I guess Diablo is inappropriate here, but bringing the "Diablo qualities" to the present.

Diablo 3 is the winner in just sheer scope. I mean the thing is just friggin huge and the end game with 2.0 nearly endless with multiple different end games to play. Also with 2.0 I really don't feel there is any longer anything to really strongly criticize about the game anymore. I realize for many it's simply "too late" from the bad taste of 1.x.. but really 2.x is just a modern "among the best" arpg.

and then you have torchlight... Torchlight does "fun" better than any of these games, even marvel by just a hair. If you just want to jump in, have a ton of friggin fun, and want a light hearted awesome romp.

They all have their qualities.. it largely comes down to "what kind of ARPG do you want to play?"

Most of my time these days is spent with D3 for the end game and Marvel for the license and CONSTANTLY added to game.

Agree, agree and agree.

I have to start up Van Helsing II this weekend, see how it stacks up.

Myshkin

a friend of mine swore he had a better time with this than with Titanfall. Make of that what you will.

Now with bigger plants and slower zombies.
It's Plants versus Zombies: Casual Edition!

(I did have nothing to do while my Internet was out for a while, and played some endless vasebreaker.)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Can get it cheaper than that. Origin Mexico for example has it for 20 dollars.
And how do you expect to get it from Origin Mexico onto your account? There isn't game trading like on Steam. If you use a proxy, they can find out and flag your account, making you unable to buy any more games on it forever. Do you want to risk it?

MisterM

See my earlier post on this same page.

Go to badge section > summer cards > click on 'How do I earn card drops?'

Oh, nice. I got £20 worth of wallet top up for £17.50 on a deal before the sale. I've currently spent £18.50 in the sale and I've got £5.59 left in my Steam Wallet.

Doing alright.

Arukado

This is the best guacamelee skin ever
UuBCkLD.png

Also, damn you red team, you're treading on my dreams :/

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
And how do you expect to get it from Origin Mexico onto your account? There isn't game trading like on Steam. If you use a proxy, they can find out and flag your account, making you unable to buy any more games on it forever. Do you want to risk it?

Many people use VPN on Origin with no problem.

We're pretty much hitting the half point today, so roll call! How much have you spent on the sale so far?

"You have spent approximately $80.43 USD in the store since the sale began."

Not that bad. I was planning to limit myself to $100 anyway.

Facism

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise (origin) -- MB-03480EEA89DE18B8 - Taken by PossumMeat. 4 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (origin) -- MB-7F20752D4F0ABE17 - Taken by thebloo. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space 3 (origin) -- MB-0C3F54794840E31B - Taken by Subject16. 7 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (origin) -- MB-59389792BD7229F7 - Taken by borghe. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer 3 Uprising (origin) -- MB-0F1DACA9D6496A88 - Taken by Volimar. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Crysis 2 (origin) -- MB-4FB4863BA7818CE9 - Taken by Bel_Air_Jeff. 3 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (origin) -- MB-89FC5DB40DCBA776

t1403703327z1.png

Still Dead Space left. Jump on it if you don't have it already. It's a great game :)

Congrats to the guys who won the rest, appreciate the thank yous and whatnot. Enjoy your games :)

[edit]awww yiss top page for maximum exposure

Jeremy

See my earlier post on this same page.

I guess you just expect me to READ THE THREAD...

You have spent approximately $96.93 USD in the store since the sale began.

Not too bad imo. My first Steam sale. Divinity is taking up a lot of that.

Pachimari

I have done that before with no problem.

Problem now is, I don't remember how to do it.

Just crafted the badge and it said I got some "guest pass" or some game, but it kinda bugged out and I couldn't see what it was... I'm checking in inventory and can't see anything unusual.

Any ideas?

Bulzeeb

We're pretty much hitting the half point today, so roll call! How much have you spent on the sale so far?

Yikes.

I have spent like 16 usd so far (Borderlands 2 Goty, ff8 and fable) and it seems I won't be buying much for the rest of the sale, might end buying dark souls 2 later

Pachimari

$30.05. This is very, very likely to be the Steam sale I've ever spent the least on.

"You have spent approximately $80.43 USD in the store since the sale began."

Not that bad. I was planning to limit myself to $100 anyway.

"You have spent approximately $489.57 USD in the store since the sale began."

Steam is killing my wallet. To my defense, it's my first ever Steam sale, and I sold my Sony HMZ-T1 for this sale.

MadGear

Anyone think we will see Castlevania: Mirror of Fate at $3.74? No discount right now is ominous.

I was also looking out for this. However, it did not receive any discount during the Castlevania 2 daily so i highly doubt it will be discounted during this sale at all.

Shadownet

Banned
I spent $54.35 on my main account. I had to set up another one to do some marketplace stuff. So adding the $5 from that.

I'm hovering around $60. And about $25 was steam wallet I got left from the last sale.

Zafir

Sure they could check people living outside Mexico buying the games. The question is whether EA would do anything about it. Considering how many people do and they haven't banned anyone for it? No i don't think they would. If anything they'd fix it so it'll wipe your cart when you turn the VPN of before logging in. Which would partly stop it. Using a vpn to actually put payment details in is risky and flags digital river's protections.

Facism

$89.39 so far. A big chunk due to BASED DURANTE MIND-CONTROL about Divinity: Original Sin, though.

Really wanted MGS Rising but couldn't justify the £9.99 as i alread yhave it on ps3. Next sale, i guess.

Red

It ain't easy being red.

I keep seeing complaints about the quality of this sale. Am I the only one who thinks it's been pretty good? Outside of community fumbles there have been a lot of good, exciting new titles as pretty nice deals.

But then , I think the indie scene on Steam is one of the best things about it. There are a lot of debut efforts or early access titles released by developers that don't quite yet have their footing... But it's still the indie section where you're going to find the most variation, the most experimentation, and the freshest ideas. On top of that, the contemporary indie scene has an aesthetic sense that really jibes with me. What you lack in budget and focus-tested polish you more than make up for with artistry, visuals, and sound design.

I would rather support projects that are the culmination of a dream, personal pursuits by small teams trying to produce the game they want, over projects that exist as franchise cash cows and sequel derivations.

(generalizations ahoy!)

Jeremy

It ain't easy being red.

I keep seeing complaints about the quality of this sale. Am I the only one who thinks it's been pretty good? Outside of community fumbles there have been a lot of good, exciting new titles as pretty nice deals.

But then , I think the indie scene on Steam is one of the best things about it. There are a lot of debut efforts or early access titles released by developers that don't quite yet have their footing... But it's still the indie section where you're going to find the most variation, the most experimentation, and the freshest ideas. On top of that, the contemporary indie scene has an aesthetic sense that really jibes with me. What you lack in budget and focus-tested polish you more than make up for with artistry, visuals, and sound design.

I would rather support projects that are the culmination of a dream, personal pursuits by small teams trying to produce the game they want, over projects that exist as franchise cash cows and sequel derivations.

(generalizations ahoy!)

I think the sale has been one of the better ones. I think with the abundance of random sales now with video games they just don't have the same impact as they used to, especially for those of us who frequent Slickdeals or CAG.

It ain't easy being red.

Haha, perfect avatar. I don't know, to me it seems like the majority of titles that have been flash/daily/community choices so far are titles that already have been on sale many, many times (and for cheaper in some cases). We'll see how the rest of the sale goes! I might also feel like that because I've bought a lot of these in previous sales (steam or otherwise) though.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Many people use VPN on Origin with no problem.
And some people have been caught and locked out. It is a risk you take.

Sure they could check people living outside Mexico buying the games. The question is whether EA would do anything about it. Considering how many people do and they haven't banned anyone for it? No i don't think they would.
They can, would, and have.

Ventara

Hey guys, is Dark Souls worth getting if I already own the PS3 version? Why? I know this is the Steam sales thread but I'd like unbiased opinions if possible.

Im trying to buy Dark Souls at work before the sale ends, but Steam says Im not permitted to view the page. Is there anything that can be done? Please help!

Poetic

$67.50

Marlow Briggs
Hitman Absolution
Darksiders II
Brothers
Shadowrun: Dragonfall
Skyrim Legendary
The Walking Dead s2
The Wolf Among Us
Tomb Raider
Sleeping Dogs collection

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mirror's Edge -- MB-0B4245E730B868E6 - Taken by tioslash. 9 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Mirror's Edge was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1403708985z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom