• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

BibiMaghoo

If you email the gift (to get the link you feed modbot), the game will sit in your inventory until the link is clicked.

Ah, thanks for answering that. So when sent by email it produces a key to claim the item from anothers inventory? That is good to know, never sent a gift by email, only through Steam friends.

Dambrosi

Banned
Noticed Nuclear Throne is the only Vlambeer game with a 0% discount. Bring on the 90% flash!
There won't be a sale on that game until it comes out of Early Access, the devs said so themselves. Wait until Winter.

Also, glad to see you liked Rogue Legacy. Also, agreed that it does look like bundle fodder to the uninitiated. But then again, so does Minecraft, and look at that.

Any idea how they are dealing with upgrades of Metro 2033 and Last Light to the redux versions?

I know you get 50% off if you preoder the games, I was hopping on something like Deus Ex: HR, Director's Cut!

Zafir

How do you buy something from Mexico without buying a game from a different country than yours?
Well there's two ways it can flag. Mismatch between ip and payment details. So either the person forgets to turn the vpn of and says they're from the EU or something then it can flag. Alternatively they could have turned the vpn of but put a fake Mexican addresses which could also flag. There's also your bank too, if the bank blocks the payment digital river's system blocks you from buying.

Digital river's system has always been like this. Be located where your payment details are from and don't have your bank decline the payment and you're fine.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Any idea how they are dealing with upgrades of Metro 2033 and Last Light to the redux versions?

I know you get 50% off if you preoder the games, I was hopping on something like Deus Ex: HR, Director's Cut!

Since these are entirely rebuilt (okay Last Light isn't) on the revised Last Light engine, unlikely to "DLC hook" like Deus Ex.

kris.

Banned
Ok, for anyone who even just looked at the Dark Souls banner on the store badge - No, who ever only heard the words Dark and Souls (not necessarily consecutively) ows it (even if owning the game on PS3 and/or Xbox360) to him/herself and is urged by me to pick up Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition on Steam.

giphy.gif

seconding the fuck out of this. i've never played a more frustrating yet rewarding game. i still haven't finished my first playthrough but i go back to every week or so and chip away a little bit more. i can't play it for more than a few days at at time, the rage builds up too much. but i keep coming back. game's got legs. definitely worth the money.

Pachimari

Sure, what's your id? I'm kefkamaydie by the way.

Edit: My calculator says I have 4.11 in cards before valve's cut, so it should be right at the game price afterwards. If it's a few cents shy I'll gift somethin soon to cover the couple pennies!

I bought the game for you and have it in my inventory, but apparently I have been blocked from trading for 7 days, because I'm on a new computer, even though I have used the same one through the whole sales period. =/

Yep, I've done this to myself as well. At least you use both the K/M and controller at the same time. I've only spent about an hour playing it, but so far I must say I find it quite enjoyable. I really like being able to switch from black and white to color anytime I want. It is well worth the three dollars I paid for it this sale.

Yeah, it's pretty awesome. Also pretty unforgiving, people who enjoy hard games might like Betrayer.

I'm not a big fan of the stealth mechanics: having to wait for gusts of wind everytime you're near an enemy got old pretty fast.

tav7623

Spent $35.28 according to Steam (but $5 of it was actually from a free M&M's code i had won on Sunday) and have so far gotten 13 games.

My haul:
AVGN Adventures
Blacklight: Tango Down
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition
Mark of the Ninja
Outlast
Payday: The Heist
Scarygirl
Shadow Man
Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
Tiny Brains
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Velvet Assassin
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut

Hey GAF, I did the last final of my degree this morning. Just got back home.

I need to buy anything (sub 5€) to celebrate. Is Tomb Raider worth it if I enjoyed Uncharted 2, but not enough to say I like the series? I don't know, I had fun but I don't think I need to play another one anyways. I've never been a fan of Tomb Raider either, just played demos of the first one on PSX and Guardian of the Light.

I need to buy anything to celebrate. Is Tomb Raider worth it if I enjoyed Uncharted 2, but not enough to say I like the series? I don't know, I had fun but I don't think I need to play another one anyways. I've never been a fan of Tomb Raider either, just played demos of the first one on PSX and Guardian of the Light.

Tomb Raider isn't a good Tomb Raider game. However, it's a GREAT 3rd person shooter/adventure game that looks great and plays really well. I liked it more than Uncharted 3.

Hanzou

How does Psc Man:championship edition play compared to the console versions? Any weird problems with it considering this is Namco?

Dambrosi

Banned
I hope The Witcher 1 & 2 gets a daily or flash deal, I missed the last one
Didn't Witcher 2 already get a daily? Right at the beginning of the sale, I think?

I need to buy anything (sub 5€) to celebrate. Is Tomb Raider worth it if I enjoyed Uncharted 2, but not enough to say I like the series? I don't know, I had fun but I don't think I need to play another one anyways. I've never been a fan of Tomb Raider either, just played demos of the first one on PSX and Guardian of the Light.
Sub-€5, huh? How about Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+? Or Marlow Briggs And The Mask Of Death? Or maybe Castle Crashers? Or, hell with it, just buy ALL of them for near enough €5 and have a happy week's gaming?

Pachimari

I were supposed to give this away as a gift to a fellow gaffer, but steam trading have locked me out for 7 days, so now's your chance to catch some ghosts:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Madridista:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX Plus All You Can Eat Edition -- MB-376C39F32469E9C3 - Taken by Volimar. 1 entrants total. - Taken by Ventara. 59 entrants total.

t1403720436z1.png

Why are there never any images in my giveaways?

I don't care for Tomb Raider as a series and I certainly don't consider the Uncharted games to be anything better than average.

That said, I ended up liking TR'13 quite a bit after getting used to its quirky camera. Unlike Uncharted, the characters are pretty terrible throughout but I thought it played much better.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

I need to buy anything to celebrate. Is Tomb Raider worth it if I enjoyed Uncharted 2, but not enough to say I like the series? I don't know, I had fun but I don't think I need to play another one anyways. I've never been a fan of Tomb Raider either, just played demos of the first one on PSX and Guardian of the Light.

Not quite as much tomb raiding and a little too much gunning as I would have liked. It was basically like the second half of an indiana jones movie without the first half. With that being said I still enjoyed it quite a bit.

RS4-

ModBot said:
Instructions for RS4-:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Spacechem -- MB-22873584576E535A - Taken by Leila

Here you go for anyone that can't log into facebook or pcgamer to get a key

masterkajo

Oh. Why? Not virus or malware related, I hope? It's been working fine for me.

Well it is alltogether a pretty shitty program from overview and function alone. Plus there are the occasional ads and popups from chinese websites. Don't know what else there is under the hood. XInput Wrapper for DS3 works much better and is a lot less crowded. If you want to use the Motion in Joy driver but not its GUI you can get Better DS3 which is a simpe GUI working with the Motion in Joy driver.

thebloo

I were supposed to give this away as a gift to a fellow gaffer, but steam trading have locked me out for 7 days, so now's your chance to catch some ghosts:

Why are there never any images in my giveaways?

Why do you guys keep getting locked out? I'd want to avoid that..

We're pretty much hitting the half point today, so roll call! How much have you spent on the sale so far?

Go to badge section > summer cards > click on 'How do I earn card drops?'

Yikes.

It says I have bought 106.72 since the sale started. I started with $75 in my steam wallet. I currently have 6.43 in my wallet. So that means I've made $38.15 from card sales since the sale began.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom