• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Indiegala bundle:

• Sang-Froid
  • Final Slam 2
  • Lyne
  • Critical Mass
  • Windforge
  • Towers of Altrac (Desura)

$1 for the moment. Sang-froid is a fantastic tower defense that seems to have been bundled-to-death recently.

I think only Windforge hasn't appeared in a bundle before.

Mono

Here you go for anyone that can't log into facebook or pcgamer to get a key

Thank you so much, RS4!

I wonder what's happening. I was logged in before it started, and keep getting this when I try to relog:

is5ArKD.png

PCGamer hates me.
I'm using Bootcamp; they know.

Lomax

Long Live the Queen has been a flash sale twice now on GoG for 66% off, hopefully we get the same on Steam soon.

Is there really anyone left who doesn't have Spacechem? Are there even a million people who ever visit BundleStars? If it didn't have a time limit I think this giveaway would last forever, like that Enclave giveaway did.

New Indiegala bundle:

• Sang-Froid
  • Final Slam 2
  • Lyne
  • Critical Mass
  • Windforge

$1 for the moment. Sang-froid is a fantastic tower defense that seems to have been bundled-to-death recently.

In for Windforge even though it apparently didn't live up to the hype at all.

Nymphae

Banned
Hey GAF, I did the last final of my degree this morning. Just got back home.

I need to buy anything (sub 5€) to celebrate. Is Tomb Raider worth it if I enjoyed Uncharted 2, but not enough to say I like the series? I don't know, I had fun but I don't think I need to play another one anyways. I've never been a fan of Tomb Raider either, just played demos of the first one on PSX and Guardian of the Light.

Yes, I am almost in the exact same boat you are with regards to your history with the series/genre, and I LOVE this game. Really cinematic feeling and looks great, super fun to play so far, I love U2, never played 3. I am actually pretty blown away with how much I enjoy TR, having no real interest in any of the other games. It's just a very well made and fun game, for 5 bucks, if you love U2 you will not be disappointed.

New Indiegala bundle:

• Sang-Froid
  • Final Slam 2
  • Lyne
  • Critical Mass
  • Windforge

lol I bought LYNE this sale! (it was like 55Cents i think and had cards)

Dambrosi

Banned
Again, because it might have been missed:

Hey GAF, I did the last final of my degree this morning. Just got back home.

I need to buy anything (sub 5€) to celebrate. Is Tomb Raider worth it if I enjoyed Uncharted 2, but not enough to say I like the series? I don't know, I had fun but I don't think I need to play another one anyways. I've never been a fan of Tomb Raider either, just played demos of the first one on PSX and Guardian of the Light.

Sub-€5, huh? How about Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+? Or Marlow Briggs And The Mask Of Death? Or maybe Castle Crashers? Or, hell with it, just buy ALL of them for near enough €5 and have a happy week's gaming?
Just trying to help :p

Have at it:

ModBot said:
Instructions for MakeshiftChef:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

SpaceChem -- MB-2986FD060C49F74E - Taken by ScribbleD. 7 entrants total.

t1403711339z1.png

Mono

GAF, tell me about Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. I am pondering a purchase since it's a daily.

It's very short but with amazing narrative. Don't play it if you can't use a controller, because it uses gameplay directly as a storytelling tool. I highly reccomend it, especially at this price!

rtcn63

I'm playing U2 and Tomb Raider right now. TR has slightly better combat (bows, upgradeable weapons which you carry all the time, a few extra tricks with regards to melee), is slightly less linear, you're allowed a bit of freedom from traversing one checkpoint to the next every now and then, and it takes itself slightly more seriously in story... which can be a bit irritating if you prefer the "haha this is National Treasure dawg" self-awareness of Uncharted.

All said, I like TR more. Though I consider Elena to be hotter than Lara.

TAFK

Question to SteamGAF. I know that the humungous entertainment junior adventure series just released on steam recently. Is there any way for me to upgrade my old discs and activate in steam or will I have to continue using scummvm? Are there any known updates with the steam version?

RS4-

Thank you so much, RS4!

I wonder what's happening. I was logged in before it started, and keep getting this when I try to relog:

is5ArKD.png

PCGamer hates me.
I'm using Bootcamp; they know.

Oh, shoot. Just put that key into steam lol, unless your error is related to something else. But you're welcome, enjoy!

aku:jiki

There won't be a sale on that game until it comes out of Early Access, the devs said so themselves. Wait until Winter.
Aww. The game doesn't look that great, so I guess I'll wait. Thanks for the info.

Also, glad to see you liked Rogue Legacy. Also, agreed that it does look like bundle fodder to the uninitiated. But then again, so does Minecraft, and look at that.
To clarify, "bundle game" isn't an insult to me. I guess it kinda should be considering what bundles have looked like for the past 3-4 months, but still, I just mean that it's definitely going to show up in another Humble before the year is over. I'll certainly be getting my money's worth, and then some, though! I can see myself sinking 50 hours into this.

x Misogi

yes yes yes yes. I use this on my DS4 and it works beautifully. Friends don't let friends MotionJoy. Sad but true. Four player BT DS4 gaming on PC = bliss.

Do you use a bluetooth adapter? If so, which? The ones I've bought always seem to drop inputs after a short time.

masterkajo

What about non-xinput games?
Never had any problems/ads/popups with MotionInJoy with the offline files, though.

Well, the offline mode works fine for Motion in Joy. Alternatively, you can use the Better DS3 GUI which utilises the Motion in Joy drivers. I used that for a while (once the chinese popups started) and can recommand it. You can have a default profile when a controller connects (was keyboard and mouse controlls) and other profiles (xbo360) for games.
I don't know if the XInput Wrapper allows for Direct Input or if the DS3 works as a DirectInput device out of the box. Maybe someone can answer that. Or you could try.

Either way, these are all suggestions. If it works for you, no real need to change, I guess.

Huh I was about to get a SpaceChem key, then I checked my steam library and apparently I already own it

I don't remember buying it though

Was it in a humblebundle? Maybe I got it from that

Mono

Oh, shoot. Just put that key into steam lol, unless your error is related to something else. But you're welcome, enjoy!

I'm a doofus: I forgot that I had Facebook blocked with Disconnect!

If anyone else can't get a SpaceChem key, I now have a spare.

Thanks for all the recommendations, guys (even Dambrosi's, which was the last post of the last page, I read it!). It sounds like I might enjoy Tomb Raider, so its group is the winner I might pick it up.

I skipped it the other day because I was thinking about picking it up on recap day is it showed, as there are a couple of other games within the same price range that I'm interested in (The Witcher 2, Far Cry: Blood Dragon) but I only can buy one of them, so I decided to let Steam discard some options with me… But it would somehow be wrong if I don't buy anything today :p

And of course, I'll pick Marlow Briggs the last day of the sales. Even if it's 80% off, it can always get down to 90% off on a Community vote! (See Pacman).

The game is ass. The concept is brilliant really and I'm told the story is great, but the controls are just not worth putting up with.

The controls weren't THAT bad and the rest of the game's package more than makes up for it. I just don't understand how slightly quirky controls makes a game "ass."

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
The controls weren't THAT bad and the rest of the game's package more than makes up for it. I just don't understand how slightly quirky controls makes a game "ass."

I found the controls made the game nearly unplayable for me when I had played it on my ps3. I put it down after about 20 mins. When I spend that much time fighting against the controls to actually *do* anything, I'm not gonna touch the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom