• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregorn

I didn't get my 2 summer cards for Red team winning...

I made a risk of rain badge specifically for the huge 20p profit I'd make.

Fill in the gaps:
iNuv03nJQuTv.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
7 reubles is 15cents, please buy like a thousand for GAF dear russian gaffers :(

Aretak

Did you check if they went on sale when Skyrim did? I didn't personally, but I would have thought that is when they would have been on sale further if they were oing to be at all.
They didn't. I checked because I wanted Oblivion. One thing that I've noticed about this sale is that franchise sales as part of daily/flash deals have almost completely disappeared. Usually when something like Skyrim or the latest Splinter Cell goes on sale, the rest of the franchise does too. Not so in this sale. :(

KiraFA37

Okay GAF, Endless Space is on sale, which is of the makers of Endless Legend which remind me of Civilization V. I have neither the legends game. So how is it? Looking for something which has that one-more turn goodness and good singleplayer.

Let me recommend to some They Bleed Pixels , an action platformer that feels like a combination between Super Meat Boy and Dustforce. A title where accurate platforming is often required, but attack combos for the best score and survival is key. This is no Kirby or Starfy, there will be plenty of deaths.

The game does have it's faults. It suffers a bit from the controls at time not being as quick as you may wish they were and there are enemies that with poor design feel like they would have been at home with certain NES titles that sought arcade coin crunching difficulty or annoyance (tiny flying enemies in most games are bad). Yet through that there is still a sense of accomplishment once you kill a dozen enemies in a row or overcome a difficult section of platforming through a dash plus a jump into a wall jump onto safety that satisfies quite a few who are into platforming.

It's aesthetics are Lovecraft, but through the view of a young private primary girl and those crayon or charcoal or fevered dream art style may put some off in a pixel based title, but I found it charming and interesting as it changed from world to world.

In the end a difficult game, but one that can be mastered and will stand out amongst other platformers in your Steam collection if you get it and can enjoy it.
This is all true. come post in my thread, m'lord, spread the good word.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=843041

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Just a reminder, for those who didn't notice when it was a community choice:

Keep in mind that even though it isn't listed, Final Fantasy VIII is also a daily deal, along with VII.

Vuze

Valiant Hearts for 7 Rubles wtf? That's like 15 eurocent...
Bought the gamea while back, it looks promising. Hope it delivers.

It's not much, but here it goes:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Duebrithil:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sanctum Collection -- MB-50C02EF002AB7B85 - Taken by Diggeh. 8 entrants total.

t1403727538z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom