• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Orthogonal said:
CS GO has been much cheaper in several other sales. I think I got it for $4 in a past sale. What gives.

Hackers flooding in every sale is what gives. If this prevents numerous botters and other shitters in competitive: Good. Never put CS:GO on sale again, for all I care. Keep people from buying thousands of them on multiple accounts to hack the game with.

Is the lack of discount on CSGO a result of banned players picking up cheap copies on sale and getting back into the game?

More than likely, yes. You had your chances to get GO for cheaper. At the very least, get the collection or just buy GO at this point and enjoy it. You'll get your $7.50 back easily from drops if you play it enough.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
:( Red team in the lead again.

Red team is the one with the super nerds in it right?

I would argue, but yeah there be some of super nerds in it. At least that's what I get from me getting into a debate over the merit of language characters being free to have more than one meaning (X as ecks or cross) or Platinum making a Legend of Korra allows them to make use of bending in ways the show won't.

Oh well, I'm sure if Pink tries hard enough they can become just as nerdy... or join Red Team with a token.

How fast is Steam Support? Sent a ticket last night about the Can't Stop Laughing bundle not showing up in my inventory.

I'm afraid it's really up in the air. My first attempt at support was rather quick, under an hour. The second attempt which never helped at all was two weeks. A later one has yet to be answered and it's been six months.

nexen

How is CS GO? Thinking about picking it up at this price. Does it have a large community online like 1.6 had?
It has a larger online community than the new Wolfenstein, last I heard. Could have changed by now though.

edit: jeeze, guys. the list thing was a joke. People were complaining about people posting lists of games they want/bought.

How about people knock off the posts about the colors races first. :p

#teamorange

Shadownet

Banned
Is Final Fantast VII glitchy or something? Got some really Bad eviews on steam.

And should I wait for Counter Strike: GO to go lower?:( been wanting that game for so long. $5 would have been great.

Fjord

Included in Square's sale is The Last Remnant, only $2.50.

Interesting game, good production value and fairly recent. It was let down by strange things like scaling mechanics.

StAidan

On the one hand, there's finally a game from my wishlist (The Banner Saga). On the other hand, I've got soooo many games to play. At only 50% off, I think I'll wait until the winter sale.

Is there a point for me to get Metro now compared to the remaster??? Did they state what's the difference between the current version and the remaster on PC?

Well, shit. That'll do. Thanks for the heads up.

It was 7.49 there day before the steam sale. :\

Is Final Fantast VII glitchy or something? Got some really Bad eviews on steam.

And should I wait for Counter Strike: GO to go lower?:( been wanting that game for so long. $5 would have been great.

RE4 HD has bad reviews too.
So does Dark Souls 2.

It's the Metacritic Effect. Piss off some part of your audience and they rally to "slam" you on the reviews. JShackles is a huge FF guy and I believe he got 100% of the achievements in FF7 on Steam... so I can't believe it's *that* buggy.

Beware, Valiant Hearts has uplay.

Oh no. uPlay. How will I ever manage to play and enjoy the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom