• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
so I'm curious, has there been any pricing errors yet, as in a game goes on a bigger discount than its supposed to? Last sale it was Don't Starve, the sale before that was Sleeping Dogs, hope they have another pricing error and I'm able to get me a copy of said game :x

Eanan

God damn, if I lived in russia id buy about 50 copies of that game and undercut all the traders and sell it for 50 cent a pop. They all want 2 or 3 keys even at this pricing error.

Feck off

Chris R

Do I need a Square Enix installer or whatever for FFVIII or did they wise up and remove that? Or did it never have it included? Asking because of the backlash FFVII got when it came to steam.

3phemeral

Of course, the very moment I run out of will power to stay awake is the moment GoG gives out another free game. :(

But it's a new day!

Good afternoon, y'all!

subtleglitch

Neo Member
Don't know whether to purchase Final Fantasy III for $10.71 or not...

Looks like that's the cheapest they're willing to drop the game at, considering it's "new" on the store? Maybe I should wait though? Thoughts?

Shadownet

Banned
If you're banned from Counter Strike how does buying a copy get you back into the game? Unless you have to set up a brand new account.

So CS:GO won't go any cheaper?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
How is the controller support for Sherlock? Says partial, but that usually means it's janky.

the game controls perfectly fine on PS3.. was designed from the get-go for PC and console release so I'd guess PC version is fine.

dosh

I'd recommend They Bleed Pixels to anyone mildly interested. It's a great platformer with tight controls and have a pretty unique checkpoint system that makes for some very intense and strategic platforming sections. For $2 it is a steal.
Funny you mention this game because I started playing yesterday after letting it rot in my backlog for years (I think I bought it during the 2011 summer sales) and I have to concur, it's quite good. I expected the gameplay to be a bit more combat heavy though. Ho and yeah the checkpoint system is a really neat idea. I'd love to see it in more games.

Chariot

Because all of the biggest spenders migrated to your team, making this competiton just as unfair as when it was being rigged so that every team could win a day :p
So because a small froup of rich individuals you hate all of us? I was born in Team Red, why am I hated for my heritage?

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Damn CSGO is 7.50 instead of 3.70? Wish I picked it up last time it was on sale then. I'd sale some cards and pick it up but marketplace locked :(

sabanoo

If you're banned from Counter Strike how does buying a copy get you back into the game? Unless you have to set up a brand new account.

I think that's what they do (make a new account).

It has been cheaper before though... preventing hackers seems like it'd be a strange reason to only do a 50% discount.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You never gave me Hitman like I asked Rhak.

*tears*

when did you ask for hitman? between yesterday and today its been hectic with me losing my card and having to cancel it and shit

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

You just answered your own question. Set up a new Steam account while it's on sale (x10), pay the $3-4 bucks a pop when it's -75%. ENjoy your hacks for a few months until the next sale. Rinse and repeat.

Nope. And you'll easily make your money back if you play the game enough for drops/crates to sell on the market. If you're lucky, you'll get a knife that goes for $100+ in the market.

Everyone whining about the -50%: Just get it. You'll make your money back and this stops hackers from getting in easier.

when did you ask for hitman? between yesterday and today its been hectic with me losing my card and having to cancel it and shit

When it was a flash. But it's okay, I'll wait for the next sale.

Turfster

Do I need a Square Enix installer or whatever for FFVIII or did they wise up and remove that? Or did it never have it included? Asking because of the backlash FFVII got when it came to steam.

The square account sign-in is still there.

How's the Bioshock Infinite DLC?

Eh. Not very good.
The second part of Burial at Sea is the best of the bunch, but that's about all that can be said about the DLC.

zonezeus

And of course I'm locked out from trading for a couple of days, so my only hope is some generous Russian with a spare key and a kind heart...

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
PSA: Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics are still on sale for $2.49 each for another 24 hours. It's cheaper to buy all three separately than in the classic pack.

So because a small froup of rich individuals you hate all of us? I was born in Team Red, why am I hated for my heritage?

I don't hate red team, I just don't care about the competition other than getting my free summer card to sell :p

The changes of getting free games are so small that it's pointless to be bothered.

sqwarlock

I have FF7 & 8 on PS1 (discs) and PSN. Is there ANY reason for me to buy them on Steam? I'm considering it, but I really don't want to buy them there. It's just a strange compulsion at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom