• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hmm, was really excited for 40% Child of Light, now, hmmm?
fake edit: Pac-man won, crap I forgot to check after voting. :(

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
The feeling when your team wins and you see "Three new items in your inventory" pop...

The feeling when you remember the winning team contributors win three extra cards...

C'mon now..where's Broforce, Killer is Dead, Wolfenstein, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (yea yea..I hear its shit..I don't care), Resident Evil 4 (so I can use those dope HD textures a gaffer is making)..etc. <sigh> Still a few days left I guess.

Waited this whole sale to finally see CSGO hit a daily, flash, or community deal. It finally happens, and then I'm greeted with a 50%. Well my day is ruined. Was hoping for the usual 75% off I usually see it at :(

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
If Might & Magic X doesn't get a daily or flash I'm gonna kick myself for not picking it up when it was 66% off pre-sale.
macgamestore not an option? Deluxe is 67% off there.

Not that anyone else told you this already :eek:

Zafir

I hope next time they do something different. No fun if one team is going to just zerg win every time. It's also no fun if people take turns(although I'll admit that's fairer).

Chariot

joPpCf93Rcaha.png

Google Spreadsheet
Download .ods

Mass Effect listed under Female Protagonist. They know what's up.
Yes, Shepart > MaleShep.

C'mon now..where's Broforce, Killer is Dead, Wolfenstein, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (yea yea..I hear its shit..I don't care), Resident Evil 4 (so I can use those dope HD textures a gaffer is making)..etc. <sigh> Still a few days left I guess.

Lords of Shadow 2 was a flash sale at some point. It was $40. Was $20 on Amazon pretty recently.

BPoole

I'd recommend They Bleed Pixels to anyone mildly interested. It's a great platformer with tight controls and have a pretty unique checkpoint system that makes for some very intense and strategic platforming sections. For $2 it is a steal.

AHA-Lambda

Mass Effect
Dragon Age Limited Edition
Gone Home
The Walking Dead: Season 2

That's 4, which one you aren't seeing?

EDIT; You mean the ones you can vote for right, not the ones we voted for?

Weird for some reason dragon age isn't appearing and it has before :/

Christ, this is like the 4th time dragon age has appeared and I can't even get goat simulator -_-

Helmholtz

Was planning on buying Child of Light, but that discount is pretty lame. I think I'll be waiting until Winter for that one. Which is fine considering how many games I have in my backlog now.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Let me recommend to some They Bleed Pixels , an action platformer that feels like a combination between Super Meat Boy and Dustforce. A title where accurate platforming is often required, but attack combos for the best score and survival is key. This is no Kirby or Starfy, there will be plenty of deaths.

The game does have it's faults. It suffers a bit from the controls at time not being as quick as you may wish they were and there are enemies that with poor design feel like they would have been at home with certain NES titles that sought arcade coin crunching difficulty or annoyance (tiny flying enemies in most games are bad). Yet through that there is still a sense of accomplishment once you kill a dozen enemies in a row or overcome a difficult section of platforming through a dash plus a jump into a wall jump onto safety that satisfies quite a few who are into platforming.

It's aesthetics are Lovecraft, but through the view of a young private primary girl and those crayon or charcoal or fevered dream art style may put some off in a pixel based title, but I found it charming and interesting as it changed from world to world.

In the end a difficult game, but one that can be mastered and will stand out amongst other platformers in your Steam collection if you get it and can enjoy it.

_hekk05

Banned
Child of Light has uDon'tPlay, so buy it at your own risk. I would like banner saga, but I don't need it right now. Already have battleblock and spelunky to fill my time.

Won't say no to a good discount on broforce though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom