• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

DogMeat77

So because a small froup of rich individuals you hate all of us? I was born in Team Red, why am I hated for my heritage?

It's okay my red brother. Possum's got you.
iKr5SDB0LDWwo.gif

CassSept

How's the Bioshock Infinite DLC?

Did you like the story?

Clash in the Clouds is arena dlc. Burial at Sea Episode 1 is mostly padding, as they had to fulfill 3-dlc obligation. Burial at Sea Episode 2 features new gameplay elements and actually progresses the story, but imo in turn it shits all over Infinite's story.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
When it was a flash. But it's okay, I'll wait for the next sale.

well I didnt see, and Im not exactly a games vending machine, insert request in the slot and the game pops out you know :p

I'm out of keys and locked from the market because of the to good to be true MM fiasco. No key trader will sell me one key so could I send 2 bucks to someone to grab a copy?

I think that's what they do (make a new account).

It has been cheaper before though... preventing hackers seems like it'd be a strange reason to only do a 50% discount.

PC gamer recently did an article about cheating. Here is a quote from the president of Tripwire:

John Gibson, president of Tripwire Interactive (Rising Storm, Killing Floor) told me plenty of cheaters feel differently. “We see a spike in hackers after we have a sale on one of our games,” he said. “Their last 10 Steam accounts have been banned, and the game is on sale for $3, so they’ll buy 10 copies for $30 on 10 different accounts and they’ll keep cheating.”

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/04/30/hacks-an-investigation-into-aimbot-dealers-wallhack-users-and-the-million-dollar-business-of-video-game-cheating/

KarmaCow

Check out TF2 Outpost.

I'm kinda worried though. Don't want to get Steam banned for trading with Russians.

You wont get banned, at worst they'll take away the game via region locking it.

Is it possible to initiate a trade via the Web browser?

I'm only on mobile, why did I have to be abroad during the Steam sale >_<

You can use trade offers via the browser but I don't think you can do real time trades.

Zafir

Well, yes you can do trade offers, but unfortunately, if you're on a new device then you can't use the steam market on that device for a week.

RiggyRob

It's the most overrated game of all time. Hey, you asked for a reason.

I'm full aware I might be wearing nostalgia goggles right now, but I'm interested in knowing if there's any game-breaking glitches/bad music/horrible graphics/Origin-or-Uplay-or-SQEnix-DRM-on-top-of-Steam bullshit that would make it not worth buying.

Dipper145

thinking of getting banner saga today, and that will probably be it. already have most of the other games I would normally be interested in.

Lomax

You can, but it's a pain in the ass using the interface as you'd imagine. You may have to force it to display the desktop site depending on your browser and device.

I have FF7 & 8 on PS1 (discs) and PSN. Is there ANY reason for me to buy them on Steam? I'm considering it, but I really don't want to buy them there. It's just a strange compulsion at this point.

I don't own the PS1 digital versions yet but I'd rather own the Playstation versions than the PC ones.

I can at least play them on my Vita.

Enco

You wont get banned, at worst they'll take away the game via region locking it.

You can use trade offers via the browser but I don't think you can do real time trades.
Awesome.

Just got it for 1 key.

:lol Deal of the decade. Feel dirty though.

Woffls

How legit is Giana Sisters?

Child of Light has a demo so I'm gonna' give that ago. No idea what to vote for next because I have most of those games and won't buy the others. Is there a general consensus on what we want to win?

Aww yeahh, red is crushing it again today.

Island

Should I get the Arkham Origins Season Pass? I already picked up the game but am waffling on the DLC.... I played the first two games to completion and loved them....

Enco

Not yet, but they'll probably lock it down soon. That said, I think if it's already been added to your account it'll stay? I remember reading something like that for South Park.
Hope it doesn't change.

Even if it does, I'm only out 1 key. Not a big issue.

It was $0.10 with the error right? Those Russians are making some nice profit.

Ibuki

Banned
I want to get the Valiant Hearts deal, but I am still blocked from the market. It will probably be fixed before I am unblocked. This sucks. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom