• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Should I get the Arkham Origins Season Pass? I already picked up the game but am waffling on the DLC.... I played the first two games to completion and loved them....
No, the skins are usesless and Initiation doesen't add much. Get "Cold, Cold Heart" and maybe Initiation.

All these female protagonist votes and still no Long Live the Queen.
Believe in the Visual Novel Cimmunity Vote.

Lomax

I'm full aware I might be wearing nostalgia goggles right now, but I'm interested in knowing if there's any game-breaking glitches/bad music/horrible graphics/Origin-or-Uplay-or-SQEnix-DRM-on-top-of-Steam bullshit that would make it not worth buying.

It requires a SQEnix account so there's that. Initially it had crappy midi music but they finally patched it out for the original.

KarmaCow

So how easy is it to get your money back with crates in CS:GO? I already have enough multiplayer games but I do want to at least try out CS:GO.

Miletius

Kind of want the Banner Saga. MMX at 9.99 is good, I think that's the best deal you'll see for a while. I was trying to get the 7.49 deal and ran out of time a while.

I'm wondering if my best buy steam card will come in before Banner Saga goes off of sale. I have 48 hours, so I'm going to wait it out.

Benedict

This was supposed to be a giveaway for two games but only one returned from modbot. The other one will be up as well shortly.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

SangFroid Tales of Werevolfies -- MB-6D44BD4051E89811 - Taken by electroflame

Any chance someone with keys could accept my paypal money and get two copies? I'm out of the keys I bought from sellers at the beginning of the sale, and no one will let me buy just one.

Divius

So how easy is it to get your money back with crates in CS:GO? I already have enough multiplayer games but I do want to at least try out CS:GO.
Pretty easy, if you play enough. After games you randomly get crate- and skindrops which you can sell, most of them aren't worth much but it adds up.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I really am glad they didn't undercut the price of CS:GO too much. There is always a massive influx of hackers during these sales.

Ri'Orius

Sounds like They Bleed Pixels is good, so I'm buying that. What about Giana Sisters? The trailer looks pretty good... Anyone have thoughts?

Zafir

Not yet, but they'll probably lock it down soon. That said, I think if it's already been added to your account it'll stay? I remember reading something like that for South Park.

Depends on what lock they put on. If they put a trading cross region lock on then you're fine. If they add a only allow run in countries lock on, then you're forced to use a VPN to play it through steam. As far as I'm aware uplay can't region lock you, so you should still be able to play it outside of steam.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Yep, got Valiant Hearts for 1,64€...

Sale redeemed!

now give me that 75% off Double Dragon Neon Gaben, please...

Ibuki

Banned
Anyone willing to grab a copy of Valiant Hearts and I'll give you a bunch of summer cards for it? I don't have any other way to get market items except the drops from the store. I was interested in the game and that deal is amazing.

Dipper145

Was going to trade a key for valiant hearts, but then it detected that I moved since the last time I logged in, so I'm on a "new device" and can't trade for 7 days. :(

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Was really hoping for a EU4 deal early in the sale. I have time to play it now. Blah

Annnd that's a wrap for me and this sale. First 4 days I spent like a maniac. There were seemingly endless games that I wanted.

Last 2 days I didn't want any of the flashes or communities. Today, I don't want any of the flashes, communities, or dailies (some I already have).

Still, after nearly $300 spent, I'd call it a success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom