• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might grab Banner Saga and bow out.

Considering how cynical I was I'm surprised I bought anything

Call of Juarez Gunslinger
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Hitman: Blood Money
Risk of Rain
Can't Stop Laughing Bundle
Marlow Briggs

All in all a pretty cheap Steam sale

or is it?

Benedict

Doing number two

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Final Slam 2 -- MB-9CF47FC1ACB9951B - Taken by wilflare

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Gave SpaceChem a try.

i-have-no-idea-what-ickjoi.jpg

Tellaerin

Sounds better to me. At least pages of a comic book, once all collected, can tell a story. What do cards offer again?

Depends on the cards. Some of them offer interesting pieces of backstory or other trivia about the characters/creatures/whatever on them. Others are basically just pretty pictures. It's really up to the developers to decide how well they take advantage of cards.

Peff

Sounds better to me. At least pages of a comic book, once all collected, can tell a story. What do cards offer again?

Money for the key I used to buy Valiant Hearts with :p? Seriously though, I actually bought them for the lulz since I doubt I'll ever spend the couple of hundred points I seem to have, so if anybody wants to know, it's four pages, no dialogue and it looks more like an (cool-looking) art collection to me, but maybe it makes more sense after playing the game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Valiant Hearts for 1 key is the highlight of the sale BY FAR
if valve doesnt remove it from all our accounts of course lol

I kinda already know what you guys are going to tell me but i'm asking just to see if im wrong: how playable is CSGO with a controller?

I know that i had a ton of success with titanfall using a controller so i was curious.

Deitus

Pfft. Like you could play as a guy in Mass Effect. Shows what you know.

Sorry, BroShep.

True, FemShep was clearly the canon choice. But all of the marketing was focused around DudeShep, with the exception of the half-assed "you can play as a girl too" promotion for ME3.

And Dragon Age Origins doesn't even have voice acting, so there's considerably less effort put into their "female protagonist" than even Mass Effect.

Ibuki

Banned
I could also offer on the 28th to just buy you a key in return if anyone wants to front me one. I know it sounds stupid, really want to grab this deal while I can. I will still give you summer cards in the mean time.

What's the good word on Batman Origins? Should I buy? I haven't played since Arkham Asylum.

It's good. combat is less balanced/finely tuned than Arkham City's, world is bigger than city's (much bigger than Asylum) but is really empty. Story is better than Asylum's and City's if that's something you're concerned with.

If you only like Asylum because of it being an imitation of Metroid-like games/the setting, then Origins doesn't have that kind of world design overall. City has better design than Origins, yet Origins is definitely worth playing if you like the series, same with it's Cold, Cold Heart DLC.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I kinda already know what you guys are going to tell me but i'm asking just to see if im wrong: how playable is CSGO with a controller?

I know that i had a ton of success with titanfall using a controller so i was curious.

I feel like the faster pace of precision of CS:GO would make it much more difficult.

AHA-Lambda

Anyone willing to help out with getting a copy of valiant hearts?

I'm locked out of the community market until tomorrow night. Really not happy with this shit >_<

What happens if you tell modbot Nojuniors and Juniorsonly?

Would that send him into a rage that was all fists and elbows?
I think the key would go unclaimed and in an annual cleanup Stump will throw the key out (I've seen a post of several hundred unclaimed keys happen before, sure most did not work but they got claimed).

How legit is Giana Sisters?
I hear it has some issues with the difficulty (especially the bosses) and needing collectibles to unlock boss levels.

Summer games done quick ran time attack mode this morning, completely blowing apart the target times. Do you like platformers with boost mechanics?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Now everybody owns Valiant Hearts... no way this shit's not going to get removed from our accounts lol

Anteater

I'll ask again I guess. Can someone remind me what's bad about uPlay? I want to get Child of Light.

Some people get random save corruption, but it never happened to me, there are ways to back up your saves though, but uplay seems to run fine for me at least from steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom