• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

bender

What time is it?
TF2Outpost did the trick. I probably could have gotten more than one copy for a key but it's still a good deal.

Kanokare

2 Copies for 1 key, now that is a Russian Bro.

VMwwO8c.png

Who did you go through?
Edit: or where I mean. I see the person's name but don't want to randomly add him just yet.

Zafir

I'll ask again I guess. Can someone remind me what's bad about uPlay? I want to get Child of Light.

Servers for it aren't the best. They were slow and unresponsive for the first few days when Watchdogs came out. Patches often download really slow for me too. Besides that, it's just annoyance that you need it open to play games.

kubus

Can someone tell me if I should buy Tropico 3 or Tropico 4 if I already own Tropico 5? Or do you not recommend to play an older installment at all? They all have kinda the same metascore, so if they're similar in quality I'd like to get one that maybe has features that are missing or different from Tropico 5.

Thanks!

bbd23

why did i add another 50 dollars to my steam account on saturday...I haven't bought a single thing since.

i feel like giving up and just buying wolfenstein now lol

xBladeM6x

It may randomly delete your save files.

Which you can just Google where the game's save file is, and then .rar it, so you have a backup. I never have problems with any of these alternative "platforms" because I actually take the initiative to fix / circumvent whatever problems it has.

nvrslp

Depends on the cards. Some of them offer interesting pieces of backstory or other trivia about the characters/creatures/whatever on them. Others are basically just pretty pictures. It's really up to the developers to decide how well they take advantage of cards.

And for games like Transistor, the cards make really nice desktop backgrounds. :)

Leatherface

It's good. combat is less balanced/finely tuned than Arkham City's, world is bigger than city's (much bigger than Asylum) but is really empty. Story is better than Asylum's and City's if that's something you're concerned with.

If you only like Asylum because of it being an imitation of Metroid-like games/the setting, then Origins doesn't have that kind of world design overall. City has better design than Origins, yet Origins is definitely worth playing if you like the series, same with it's Cold, Cold Heart DLC.

I did like the metroid like area progression so that's a bit disappointing. Meh. I'm holding the line for now.

Which you can just Google where the game's save file is, and then .rar it, so you have a backup. I never have problems with any of these alternative "platforms" because I actually take the initiative to fix / circumvent whatever problems it has.

It corrupts Black Flag save files.

hawk2025

I reaaally want to get on that Valiant Hearts/Banner Saga action but I'm so scared of this :(

I know there's no risk, damned irrational fear...

They didn't. I checked because I wanted Oblivion. One thing that I've noticed about this sale is that franchise sales as part of daily/flash deals have almost completely disappeared. Usually when something like Skyrim or the latest Splinter Cell goes on sale, the rest of the franchise does too. Not so in this sale. :(

Wow that's very unusual. If they were going to have gone on sale that's when I'd have betted. Given that they didn't I'd be very doubtful that they'd actually appear as a daily at least whioh is very odd. Of course you'll still want until the last day as perhaps they will actually appear, or will be in the flash sales/community votes, but I wouldn't be optimistic about them being a daily personally.

BruteUA

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BruteUA, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:
330x192

Valiant Hearts: The Great War -- MB-1AA8F826A814DF8E - Taken by steadfast. 80 entrants total.

t1403719453z1.png

You don't speak Russian either? Must be hard to trade.

Turfster

Yes, because everyone wants to specifically look up where games store their savegames every time they finish playing... if they can start playing at all, since the uplay servers go down at the drop of a hat, locking you out of all your uplay games.

MYheartisfine.jpg

Hugstable

Banned
I'm locked out of Community, but I'll pay $2.50 in PayPal if anyone wants to gift me Valiant Hearts.

Same I'm locked out of community as well until tomorrow but I would be down to paypal 2.50 for this game. I don't really know where to go trade keys at in the first place besides d2l

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what would be the worst case scenario with the Valiant Hearts situation?

gets removed fromk your account at worst. you did nothing wrong, you traded a market item for another item market under their rules

xBladeM6x

It corrupts Black Flag save files.

Which is unacceptable, but if you do what I said in that quote, you're protected from dumb shit like that. It always seems like people like to bitch about problems and scream they'll never use the service, but then offer no way to circumvent them, even though there's clearly simple and easy ways.

Yes, because everyone wants to specifically look up where games store their savegames every time they finish playing... if they can start playing at all, since the uplay servers go down at the drop of a hat, locking you out of all your uplay games.

Uplay has an offline mode, so that's just plain wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom