• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

Pinball FX2 - Deadpool Table

header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/306880/

no discount

Still hoping for a Pinball FX2 daily or flash for 75% off, I want that new set of Star Wars tables.

The price doesn't seem to be affecting CS GO sales, it instantly shot to #1.

I remember GabeN saying in an interview years ago that he likes to do price experiments. Maybe increasing CSGO sale price above historical levels is a test, and people are still eating it up.

Red

Got Gianna Sisters and FFVIII. I'm sure my total spent this sale is steadily creeping toward $100. I am way over budget.

I need Banner Saga in my life but won't pull the trigger. I'll use the last modicum of self control Gabe hasn't steamed out of me.

WeaselJCD

Neo Member
Sooooo I've got a spare copy of Valiant Hearts in my steam inventory and want to make a modbod giveaway before they lock it down

can someone instruct me on how to do one with stem inventory games or point me in the right direction? only done one with a key

also got lots of space on my steam friends list, if you like add me:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/WeaselJCD

Go team pink!!!

Divius

Sooooo I've got a spare copy of Valiant Hearts in my steam inventory and want to make a modbod giveaway before they lock it down
can someone instruct me on how to do one with stem inventory games? only done one with a key
also got lots of space on my steam friends list, if you like add me:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/WeaselJCD
Go team pink!!!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617641

I always wondered what ROW means
Rest of world

xBladeM6x

Why do I have to go out of my way to protect something which I dont have to do for anything else? Oh right, fucking Uplay, not worth the hassle.

For what is at best, a minor annoyance, when it could be so much worse, you're missing out on good games (in my opinion) because of an irrational and disproportionate hate for a service that is at worst, superfluous. (Done with Uplay talk since this isn't the right topic for it)

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I could only email myself 1 gift, if the there is no gift link in the Modbot PM, add me and I will personaly gift it to you

Costed me a fortune

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Valiant Hearts: The Great War #2 -- MB-B55CE6D49F7E3BF1 - Taken by Armoured Priest. 15 entrants total.
Valiant Hearts: The Great War -- MB-8CF25263DA2FAF08 - Taken by arts&crafts. 16 entrants total.

t1403720139z1.png

KainXVIII

From
Russia
Red Team with love!
bIO-KnYqfBbKfInTfJQdzw-article.jpg

ModBot said:
Instructions for KainXVIII:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Valiant Hearts The Great War -- MB-818E271AAA58CBBF - Taken by rpmboy. 83 entrants total.

t1403720287z1.png

zonezeus

Damn it, why do I have to be at work now? If I buy the Valiant Hearts key now, redeem it via Steam webpage immediately but download it tommorow morning is it possible they will lock the game for me or if I redeem it quickly it's mine and I can download it in a couple of hours?

MisterM

Aw, yiss!

Valiant Hearts for a key. Does it have controller support? Its doesn't say so in the usual place but the sys requirements mention a 360 controller

Eusis

God damn it because people want the competitive to stay hack-free, really?
He can also be angry that those kinds of people are ruining the party for everyone else. It's a legitimate issue, game would be super cheap BUT some motherfuckers flood the game when it does get super cheap so now everyone has to pay. Literally.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Which you can just Google where the game's save file is, and then .rar it, so you have a backup. I never have problems with any of these alternative "platforms" because I actually take the initiative to fix / circumvent whatever problems it has.
Great service it is, I guess having to manually make backup of your save games is an added "feature".

I never had problems with it either, but some people did, which means Uplay isn't reliable. If the client isn't reliable and the user must be constantly taking measures to prevent data loss, then it has gone beyond worthless and into the realms of harmfulness.

Seriously dude, can you honestly say that you have to "Google where the game's save file is, and then .rar it, so [I] have a backup" and then shrug it off as an insignificant annoyance?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How can I see if my copy is a RU or ROW version?

And does it make a difference?

It's an RU copy (click here if you want to check yourself, though), and no. I've no idea why there are region-specific subs at all -- there are no region restrictions and all three (ROW/JP/RU) share the one depot.

Lain

I would have jumped on that Valiant Hearts for 1 TF2 key deal, if I didn't find dabbling in TF2 keys and trading to be a boring chore.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
All of you right here who are trying to sell it for a key should be ashamed. That's highballing...

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Damn it, why do I have to be at work now? If I buy the Valiant Hearts key now, redeem it via Steam webpage immediately but download it tommorow morning is it possible they will lock the game for me or if I redeem it quickly it's mine and I can download it in a couple of hours?

You should be in the clear as soon you add the game to your library

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Sounds like They Bleed Pixels is good, so I'm buying that. What about Giana Sisters? The trailer looks pretty good... Anyone have thoughts?

I'm going to be honest, despite being a proponent of it early on as I was starting off, I quickly lost all desire and interest in completing the game and platformers are my favourite genre.

While there is plenty of sections of difficulty and moments where it's very easy to get hurt, I never truly got a sense of needing to be all that good in skill or mastering the mechanics. Despite having all those gems to collect for the sake of unlocking later areas, it never felt satsifying to locate them or collect them and even Kirby Epic Yawn did better on that.
Boss fights are rubbish, just pure and simple. If they were made for a game with more combat or more dodging ability I could see the logic in their designs, but for what they have they are difficult due to poor design and the worst kind of pattern memory requirement.

It's not an awful game, competent perhaps I would call it, but there are so many better platformers you can get including some older Giana Sisters for other gaming platforms (such as DS) that I would suggest getting over this.

Pinball FX2 - Deadpool Table

header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/306880/

no discount

Hooray, more pinball. Everyone needs more pinball in their lives.

How does one key for Valiant even work? Couldn't you theoretically flip Valiant for way more keys and make a profit?

Also who's the dude, I got a key sittin' here.

Levyne

Banned
It's an RU copy, and no.I've no idea why there are region-specific subs at all -- there are no region restrictions and all three (ROW/JP/RU) share the one depot.

Sorry if this is green, but in my account details it says (RU) but that's fine?

Jomjom

Banned
FFXIV is a daily deal today, but I already have a PC version registered (bought the physical copy way back). Because I'm weird I would like a Steam version, as opposed to just adding it as a non-steam game.

Is it possible to sell someone else the key so they can get the 30 days, but I still have the game in my Steam Library so I can launch it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom