• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lkr

Is Arkham Origins worth the sale price or should I just wait for Arkham Knight? I remember it launched to some bad press

Tizoc

Entered all Valiant Heart giveaways. Hopefully I don't win more than once, in which case I'll PM the giver.
If I don't win, then hopefully some russians still have a copy to spare for a Key in 3ish hours XO.

Ibuki

Banned
The last time I am going to post. I can offer like 6 summer cards and a battleblock card for a copy. I don't have any way to get keys or else I'd just buy on and trade (fucking market ban)! If anyone helps me out I will personally buy you a fucking key on the 28th when my ban is lifted.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Damn it, why do I have to be at work now? If I buy the Valiant Hearts key now, redeem it via Steam webpage immediately but download it tommorow morning is it possible they will lock the game for me or if I redeem it quickly it's mine and I can download it in a couple of hours?

You're safe regardless. Ubi can't retroactively region-lock it without screwing over people who genuinely received it as a gift (although that being said I wouldn't be surprised if cross-region trading/gifting becomes disabled on the sly, but if you'd redeemed the game already then you'd be home free).

Ruruja

Is Arkham Origins worth the sale price or should I just wait for Arkham Knight? I remember it launched to some bad press

I enjoyed it thoroughly. Origin-type stories are always appealing to me though.

It is 'more of the same' when it comes to combat and collecting etc though.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I asked before but didn't see an answer. The Banner Saga isn't region locked, is it? I'm pretty sure it's not, but I just want to double check.

Parsnip

Some people think that Oranges is the best Arkham game. I'm not one of those people. It's still totally fine though.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Team Blue will win today. I know it.

Eusis

Some people think that Oranges is the best Arkham game. I'm not one of those people. It's still totally fine though.
Yeah, it's a solid iteration of more-of-the-same. If that deeply offends you pass, but if you're good for more Arkham City basically (even if it's not QUITE as good) then by all means check it out.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
They complain because it takes a minute or so to try connecting, then fails, and prompts you to start in Offline Mode. It's the waiting part that seems to drive them insane.
So what if they do? People doesn't have to wait that minute for games that don't use Uplay, so why wouldn't that be a valid reason to complain about?

For what is at best, a minor annoyance, when it could be so much worse, you're missing out on good games (in my opinion) because of an irrational and disproportionate hate for a service that is at worst, superfluous. (Done with Uplay talk since this isn't the right topic for it)
Yes, and it could be so much better too. Or it could not even exist.

It's a pretty good game. There were some bugs and a game-breaking one (in an optional area). Don't know if those are fixed yet.

Purely from a game design stand-point, it's really similar to past games. At worst, it can be seen as a step down from City. If you liked City or Asylum, you'll enjoy some of this.

me, earlier in this thread

It's good. combat is less balanced/finely tuned than Arkham City's, world is bigger than city's (much bigger than Asylum) but is really empty. Story is better than Asylum's and City's if that's something you're concerned with.

If you only like Asylum because of it being an imitation of Metroid-like games/the setting, then Origins doesn't have that kind of world design overall. City has better design than Origins, yet Origins is definitely worth playing if you like the series, same with it's Cold, Cold Heart DLC.

KiraFA37

For someone whose never played mirrors edge, is this worth it at $5?

YES! YES! AND YES! Did I mention YES!? Definitely worth it, there isn't anything out there quite like it and I really liked the platforming and environments, combat is meh, just don't pick up any guns and you'll be fine, stick to high speed kicks. I always considered it a flawed gem that needed some polish but I really enjoyed my time with it. No reason not to pick it up at this price.

For those of you asking about Company of Heroes 2. If you played and enjoyed the first game you will like the second one and I recommend buying the standard edition at this price. The collectors one just contains the first DLC for free and unlocks some commanders from the start instead of unlocking them and some unique camoes for vehicles. The campaign isn't that good as the original, mostly because of the need to spam units in it instead of playing strategically (Human-wave tactics is the one that works all the time). MP is where it is at, I stick to playing the CPU but from what I can tell it is quite balanced at the moment (can't speak of the faction they added recently). Short version: isn't as good as the first one, but isn't as bad as people make it out to be just a bit different.

Now, can somebody tell me some about Endless Space? How does the combat work for example?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I asked before but didn't see an answer. The Banner Saga isn't region locked, is it? I'm pretty sure it's not, but I just want to double check.

paging koalaking to the front desk. theres a Seahorse Romulan here to see you?

thebloo

It's a pretty good game. There were some bugs and a game-breaking one (in an optional area). Don't know if those are fixed yet.

Purely from a game design stand-point, it's really similar to past games. At worst, it can be seen as a step down from City. If you liked City or Asylum, you'll enjoy some of this.

me, earlier in this thread

The game-breaking one in the optional area was fixed pretty fast. It still has some minor bugs, but i didn't get any big ones.

Heh, I could've sworn Counter Strike was on sale for $5 last time.

From
Russia
Red Team with love!
bIO-KnYqfBbKfInTfJQdzw-article.jpg

oooh I hope I win, do you include the MB part of the key as well when you send it or is it everything after that? I sent it with the MB included :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom