• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrcbandit

Was the pricing error only on Russian Steam marketplace for Valiant Hearts?

I was hoping for a 15% or so legit discount when I saw Child of Light on sale...

This looks to be the first day of the sale I don't buy anything. Waiting on Company of Heroes 2 to be $5 since I still haven't gotten around to playing the first.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
so Valve tried to "fix" that people were cooperating, and now Red team is just going to win the rest of the sale?

GG

It's not our fault we're naturally superior.

Any incentive I would've had to buy cards and craft is now gone, so they won't get any money from me.

No, in fact, you still have incentive to be a part of the 2nd place or 3rd place teams.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
If Valiant Hearts (RU) gets region locked, then I can't play it anymore, correct?

There's two types of region lock:

1) You can't add a game to your steam account unless you have an IP of the region from which the game was bought. People go around this by hopping onto a VPN and registering the game to their account. The game will, then, be forever linked to your account and playable, as long as rule 2 doesn't apply to it:

2) You can't play a game on steam unless your IP is of the region from which the game was bought. People go around this by logging into a VPN, starting the game, switching to offline mode and quitting the VPN. Personally, I think this is too much work and not worth it.

Since we already have the games on our accounts, if they simply add the first type of region lock, it doesn't matter. If they add the second type of region unlock, then we'd be affected.

KainXVIII

is valiant hearts a keyboard/mouse game or can i play it with a controller as well?

Of course you can
D7C359B6946022CF67BF55ECE44F15991613455A

ViviOggi

To anyone who snagged a copy: I'd recommend firing it up and registering the key you get from Steam on Uplay quickly just to be safe.

Costia

There's two types of region lock:

1) You can't add a game to your steam account unless you have an IP of the region from which the game was bought. People go around this by hopping onto a VPN and registering the game to their account. The game will, then, be forever linked to your account and playable, as long as rule 2 doesn't apply to it:

2) You can't play a game on steam unless your IP is of the region from which the game was bought. People go around this by logging into a VPN, starting the game, switching to offline mode and quitting the VPN. Personally, I think this is too much work and not worth it.

Since we already have the games on our accounts, if they simply add the first type of region lock, it doesn't matter. If they add the second type of region unlock, then we'd be affected.
But you can also add it to your uplay account. that shouldn't be affected by steam. or does the uplay game require steam to play?

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Anyone trading Valiant Heart keys for cards, TF2 ref, and pocket lint?

srs offrs only.

Seaklng

Banned
Hey guys. I just won that M&M's thing.
Any help/advice on what to do to use it for steam to avoid lockout would be greatly appreciated. <3

(for the record: I don't have paypal.)

iosefe

Any help/advice on what to do to use it for steam to avoid lockout would be greatly appreciated. <3

no avoiding it. sell all the cards you can now, then use Enhance Steam to add all 6 dollars

tmarques

It's not our fault we're naturally superior.

Funniest part is the scoreboard now looks like it did before Valve changed the rules. Red team has a massive lead and everyone else is neck-to-neck. Guess the big spenders gave up and jumped on team red.

OTOH, you probably have a better chance of winning something by being in the teams that finish 2nd or 3rd. Not sure if I'm bothering crafting anything else now that the summer cards are worthless.

Lomax

IMO the best option is just to put it on Amazon and buy games there, they price match all the major sales. Or just save it and use it to buy bundles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom