• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

kudoboi

Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition (75% off)

It's Dragon age apparently.

Dragon Age Ultimate

Dragon AGe

Dragon Age Origins.

7YtxVAX.png
tnx!

My brother and one of my friends keep bugging me to get FF14 and play with them, and I'm tempted to bite now that it's a daily but I've never played an MMO before (I don't think PSO on the Dreamcast counts, hah) and I'm wondering if I'll even like it and also paying a monthly fee is fucking stupid.

I have a Mann Co. Supply Key for Team Fortress 2 and if anybody would be willing to trade Valiant Hearts for it I would be very grateful to that individual.

EDIT: Just got it. Thanks to an individual called "Tribuno" on Steam (in case he's reading here)!

ZeroCDR

I'm still waiting for a RE6 sale, promised my friend I'll get it this sale for coop, but none of the coop games we wanted are on sale so far, speed runners, double dragon, resident evil 6, seeing all the repeats is kind of a bummer.

I'm sure RE will get a sale soon, and Double Dragon will probably be a flash sale at some point. Still salty that DD lost the community vote, I wanted an early purchase >:\

If you guys had to choose between getting Child of Light now of waiting for Transistor to show up again, what would you decide?

Other recommendations are also welcomed. I'm looking for a story rich game, with pleasant visuals and slow gameplay so I can play while I watch the world cup.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Hmmm... maybe I should have kept those red team switch tokens lol. Ah well.

Also, anyone who added me to Steam friends, I WAS Mr. Pockets but am now this new name (Stuggernaut) which matches all my other service names (PSN, Xbox, Steam, etc).

Just FYI since since so many Steam'ers have added me :)

Only Bioshock Triple Pack and Valiant Hearts for me today, I'll have to see how much damage my wallet takes tonight after a night out. Banner Saga looks so beautiful though...

Haunted

I feel like everyone already has the left community choice games - but if you're missing any of them by chance, they're all excellent and well worth it (though Cave Story should probably be cheaper).

Lomax

If anyone is interested in Endless Space, I have a stackable 50% off coupon that makes the price of the base game $3.75. I was given this coupon by Sub Zero and I used the Disharmony coupon he gave me as well to buy the Gold edition. Unfortunately this coupon I have left won't work on the Gold edition, it is base game only. So if anyone wants it, just pm me here or add me on Steam (link in my profile) and I'd be happy to pass it along. Or if you check around you may be able to find a copy of the Disharmony coupon that will work on either the Gold edition or the expansion. gone, thanks again to Sub Zero for the coupons

Haunted

So how good is the Story for the
Bruce
Banner Saga?

Does anyone wanna do a 4 ways with me? (trying to buy the 4 packs) :p
If you have any affinity for Norse Mythology, it's pretty cool. They've created a nice world with plenty of background lore for the game.

XShagrath

Scored a Valiant Hearts for 2 keys. Not as good as some people, but still a good deal.

Thanks for the heads up, everyone in the thread.

Shadownet

Banned
If you have any affinity for Norse Mythology, it's pretty cool. They've created a nice world with plenty of background lore for the game.

I do love me some mythology games. Though I am more familiar with Greek myth.

Offer still stand if someone wanna buy the 4 packs with me.

Zeliard

After reading this review, I'm about to buy the game for full price. It sounds awesome. And ~7 hours of gameplay to boot.

RPS also posted their review of Valiant Hearts recently. They bring up flaws as far as shallow puzzle mechanics and some perceived inconsistencies in tone, but overall it's fairly glowing:

RPS said:
A major publisher trying something like this? Something that looks like this? Something that has a big, open heart throughout its surprising/excessive length? Something that has extremely capable protagonists of various genders, ethnicities and allegiances without screeching about it, without treating any one of them as less than equal to the others and without fudging anything in the name of tokenism?

RPS said:
Ubisoft have come under scrutiny, including of course on this site, for the contentious reasoning they’ve given for their upcoming games’ character choices lately, so it’s extremely heartening to see that there are people within the company making a game that quietly gets it right, and makes it seem like the most natural thing in the world at the same time. That’s all we ever wanted.

RPS said:
As it is, played as a lone adult, Valiant Hearts is a truly wonderful spectacle, backed up by truly wonderful music and deftly simple-but-effective characterisation. The often repetitive and perfunctory puzzles grate, and the giddy switching between the tragic and the absurd creates frustration, but there is no world in which I’d let those factors make me miss what Valiant Hearts gets right.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/06/24/valiant-hearts-review-pc-world-war-one-game/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom