• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

liezryou

Ok anymore interest in a Banner Saga 4 pack for 3 TF2 Keys each? If not gunna take a little break from steam, whew it's been intense since that price mistake.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
aATvpf7.jpg

YES, got Cryostasis for 15 tf2 keys! :)

Is it any good?

I played it a couple months ago. I liked it as a horror game fan. If you've played a lot of horror games, the best way to describe it would be like a mixture between Echo Night and Condemened. That'd be the perfect way to explain it, but if you're not really familiar with those titles, it's a game where you beat up a lot of monsters, solve puzzles that are mostly related to people's fates, and there are some cool twists and turns, and actually a pretty good intelligent story (though it may need to be played more than once to fully understand it).

Biggest gripe is the game is badly optimized.

Pachimari

Man, if only I could predict what once cheap games would become rare. To answer your question, I thought Cryostasis was very good. The story is unique and interesting, especially for an FPS, and the setting is very well realized. The gameplay is fine too, but occasionally it is a bit janky (would we have it any other way though?). I remember the melee being very heavy feeling which was pretty satisfying. When I played this game, I played on an i5 750 and an HD5870 with an 8800GT running PhysX. It ran like ass with and without PhysX on, so hopefully it was optimized a bit since then, or modern rigs can brute force it. But do play it. Especially given that price.

I'm playing it right now with everything turned on and to the highest, and it's above 30fps at all times. Though I haven't met any enemies yet.

It already has a very great atmosphere and it's very interesting, making me want to explore more.

But it have crashed to the desktop 3 times now. Maybe I should change the color scheme to Basic Windows 7.

Lucifon

It was like 15 cents on the Russian Steam Store, I was able to get a copy for 2 TF2 keys some where able to get 2 or more copies for 1 key, shit got wild for an hour or so.

Oh wow. I just bagged a copy for 2 keys, obviously could have got it cheaper if I was quicker but I'm super happy about that!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
If you guys had to choose between getting Child of Light now of waiting for Transistor to show up again, what would you decide?

Other recommendations are also welcomed. I'm looking for a story rich game, with pleasant visuals and slow gameplay so I can play while I watch the world cup.
CoL is my GOTY so far, so I'd choose it instead of any other game. Beautiful, beautiful game.

Pachimari

With all due respect, why would you even spend that much if you didn't know beforehand? I wouldn't have done that unless I was a collector trying to fill a gap in my library or if I was going to resell and profit from it.

But I'm a collector, and Cryostasis have had my attention ever since it released and now I finally get to play it and explore it.

Palehorse

Finally Company of Heroes 2 is on sale. I've been waiting on that this whole darn time.

Valiant Hearts is one I've had my eye on for a while, interested to see when it receives its first sale.

What is with team Red? Guess we love those badges.

Pachimari

How finished is Next Car Game? If it's still unfinished when the Black Friday or Christmas sales come, I won't buy it because it may get a bigger discount.

I don't care about playing unfinished games, I just want the complete game day 1 as cheap as possible

There's not much content in it. You get a track and 3 cars and a 2.0 demo, and that's it. The destructions are crazy cool though.

I played it a couple months ago. I liked it as a horror game fan. If you've played a lot of horror games, the best way to describe it would be like a mixture between Echo Night and Condemened. That'd be the perfect way to explain it, but if you're not really familiar with those titles, it's a game where you beat up a lot of monsters, solve puzzles that are mostly related to people's fates, and there are some cool twists and turns, and actually a pretty good intelligent story (though it may need to be played more than once to fully understand it).

Biggest gripe is the game is badly optimized.

I love Condemned and that one were one of my favorites last generation.

I know it's free on GOG but apparently this one has been sitting on my account for over three years now and it's time to get rid of it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

PGP3OVL.png
Beneath A Steel Sky (GOG) -- MB-ECC8A1F15B68C143 - Taken by Diggeh

I feel like I should buy Child of Light to counter the VH error and pretend both games were 50% off.

I would have rushed to buy Child of Light @ 40% off. I would've still been there instantly at 33% or more ($9.99 or less).

Giving me <$4 off a $15 title? It's not that big of a difference, Ubi.

Vade

If transistor does not make it to a daily because of that single vote.... I might have to buy it at 10% what blasphemy.

How come some people are selling Next Car Game for 6-7 tf2 keys? They don't look like scammers but such a low price for it seems suspicious

it's a community deal where it's about 9 keys in US prices ($18).
Figure in a Ruski discount and that seems legit.

Hmm, can't seem to find Deadpool for cheap anywhere.

The game or the new pinball table?

If the game, of course you can't, it's no longer on Steam, so prices shot up.
If the pinball DLC, of course you can't, it came out today.

masterkajo

so, um, now that im stuck with a tf2 key is there any decent trades i can make without making a heavy investment in more keys?

Also, how the hell does one trade for a .5 key? Like how am i supposed to give someone 2.5 keys, for example?

Haha, we are in the same boat again. Well I don't know what good deals you could get for 1 key. Lets see and find out. Regarding 0.5 keys. I understood it as 1 Tour of Duty ticket = 0.5 TF2 keys. You can also use refined metal which is something like 8 refined metal = 1 TF2 key. Pretty complicated and a whole currency in itself this online trading.

Tizoc

Valiant Hearts is one I've had my eye on for a while, interested to see when it receives its first sale.

Uh...it's $0.20 on the Russian Steam store...

Also, how the hell does one trade for a .5 key? Like how am i supposed to give someone 2.5 keys, for example?

Basically 0.5 means half the price of a regular TF2 Key. In this case a Tour of Duty Ticket, which goes around $1.00 or whereabouts is treated as 0.5 TF2 Key.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I'm wondering the same thing. Love me some Sherlock Holmes game.

Testament is a quality adventure game. Extremely enjoyable and incredible production values.

Worth pointing out though that for $40 (yes I know 10x the price) you can pre-order the next game coming in Sept (Crimes and Punishment) and get Testament for free immediately.

Wasn't it pulled from most online retailers?

No. Activision's license with Marvel ran out so it was pulled from PSN/XBLM. Retail copies were never pulled but it's no longer being manufactured and no longer available digitally meaning physical copies were gobbled up.

Enthus

I really wish Steam would allow us to customize the order of games in our library. Having Final Fantasy XI come before III because it has a copyright sign is stupid. Oh well, at least now I have every Final Fantasy title available on Steam.

Turfster

Uh...it's $0.20 on the Russian Steam store...
They fixed it an hour ago.

I really wish Steam would allow us to customize the order of games in our library. Having Final Fantasy XI come before III because it has a copyright sign is stupid. Oh well, at least now I have every Final Fantasy title available on Steam.

They seem to be working on sorting order stuff in the steam database, so maybe soon.

Pachimari

it's a community deal where it's about 9 keys in US prices ($18).
Figure in a Ruski discount and that seems legit.

The game or the new pinball table?

If the game, of course you can't, it's no longer on Steam, so prices shot up.
If the pinball DLC, of course you can't, it came out today.

Wasn't it pulled from most online retailers?
Yeah but I heard people got it for 6-7 tf2 keys and right now it seems like the sellers want around 20.

Shadownet

Banned
Testament is a quality adventure game. Extremely enjoyable and incredible production values.

Worth pointing out though that for $40 (yes I know 10x the price) you can pre-order the next game coming in Sept (Crimes and Punishment) and get Testament for free immediately.

yeah I saw that too. But I'm probably going to buy Crimes and Punishment on PS4. and then wait for a super cheap steam sale later on for PC :)

If I end up liking the game a lot.. Thanks for the info though!

Garcia

Omg, I totally missed the Valiant Hearts craze :'(. I was in the middle of an exam; logged into Steam just to see everyone gettting it. What was the pricing?

Chindogg

Damn Valiant Hearts was .20 on the Russian store? I wish I could have snagged that real quick.

My Steam name is Chindogg btw. *cough* *cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom