• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Blue team are the real losers in all of this. While everyone else fights to get into the top three, blue's just stuck at the bottom. Shame :/

This probably wouldn't have happened if those damned team switching tokens didn't exist.

liezryou

Yeah but I heard people got it for 6-7 tf2 keys and right now it seems like the sellers want around 20.

There are cd keys of deadpool floating around for cheap. But a steam gift will cost u 20 keys minimum (I now regret selling my 2 copies for 10 keys each right after it was pulled :().

Arthea

I would have rushed to buy Child of Light @ 40% off. I would've still been there instantly at 33% or more ($9.99 or less).

Giving me <$4 off a $15 title? It's not that big of a difference, Ubi.

Well, not only it's 11,24€, but what really kills this deal for me with finality, that dlcs are 10,43€, making it 22€.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I really wish Steam would allow us to customize the order of games in our library. Having Final Fantasy XI come before III because it has a copyright sign is stupid. Oh well, at least now I have every Final Fantasy title available on Steam.

They're apparently working on this, as Nabs pointed out earlier in this thread. They have a new value in the Steam database for some games that's called "SortAs", where games like Assassin's Creed II are listed as "Assassin's Creed 2". So hopefully they have this sorted out soon and games are listed in the proper order.

Haha, we are in the same boat again. Well I don't know what good deals you could get for 1 key. Lets see and find out. Regarding 0.5 keys. I understood it as 1 Tour of Duty ticket = 0.5 TF2 keys. You can also use refined metal which is something like 8 refined metal = 1 TF2 key. Pretty complicated and a whole currency in itself this online trading.

Uh...it's $0.20 on the Russian Steam store...

Basically 0.5 means half the price of a regular TF2 Key. In this case a Tour of Duty Ticket, which goes around $1.00 or whereabouts is treated as 0.5 TF2 Key.

Usually a tour of duty ticket, or some combination of cards/compendium points/refined metal of approximate value.

got it. kinda wish there was a decent guide for this stuff but i guess that now i know it like the back of my hand from trying to wrap my head around it all day. thanks!

KiraFA37

They're apparently working on this, as Nabs pointed out earlier in this thread. They have a new value in the Steam database for some games that's called "SortAs", where games like Assassin's Creed II are listed as "Assassin's Creed 2". So hopefully they have this sorted out soon and games are listed in the proper order.

Gamechanger! Not really but it kept nagging me. Also can I get some more Endless Space impressions? Somebody?

Enthus

I wonder what they would do with games like Total War, or other series that got title changes partway through.

WeaselJCD

Neo Member
reminder

So I hope I did everything right

here it is

ModBot said:
Instructions for WeaselJCD:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Valiant Hearts: The Great War #2 -- MB-2F39985B3BE24DD6 - Taken by Knurek
Valiant Hearts: The Great War -- MB-70A85C5C8A3BAF0C - Taken by Shadownet

t1403731106z1.png

also add me on steam if you like: http://steamcommunity.com/id/WeaselJCD

Go Team pink!!!!!

Pachimari

There are cd keys of deadpool floating around for cheap. But a steam gift will cost u 20 keys minimum (I now regret selling my 2 copies for 10 keys each right after it was pulled :().

What's the difference in buying a cd-key or buying a gift? The cd-key have to be activated while the gift can be sold again?

PS4 has games? oô :p
Yeah, I'm thinking about selling my PS3 + retail games as well. Maybe saving up the money for graphics card upgrade or sth.
Already gave away my PS3, and sold my Xbox 360. Now I just need to find a buyer for Vita.

I'll stick with my new PC, 3DS, Wii U and PS4.

ArynCrinn

Banned
Have to say, right now as of the flash sale, good sale today. Unfortunately, I've spent the $500 I told myself I wouldn't go over.

...but I'm tempted to load my recent $2000 mileage check I got in four times and just go crazy starting today. But nah, prolly need to focus on CC card payments and maybe a PC part or two.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
btw They Bleed Pixels is awesome, just a little PSA since its 1,99€

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Voted for Gone Home. I got your back GAF :)

I voted for Gone Home because:

Female because I know it will annoy some people in the Steam community greatly everytime they see Gone Home on the front page.

i6Fc0nl8XaSv3.gif

Indie Royale has launched a new Debut Bundle. I doubt anyone cares so I won't list the games.

That bundle has a visual novel that's on Greenlight in it, plus an RPG Maker game on Greenlight that I have from another bundle, so I care ;_;

liezryou

What's the difference in buying a cd-key or buying a gift? The cd-key have to be activated while the gift can be sold again?

Yes the cd-key cannot be traded via steam trading or cannot be gifted via the steam gifting function. It must be redeem or stored for later (but if you are trading for it, you are obviously going to want to redeem it to make sure it is legit).

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Hmm, Vailiant Heart stutters quite a bit and I don't know what causes it. It's not like you can screw around with any settings either...
And no, it's not because I have a low-end machine. On the contrary. :p
EDIT: Nevermind, forcing V-Sync and Borderless Windowed Mode fixed it.

The artwork is fantastic, though. And there's an in-game encyclopedia about WWI which grows through progression and collectibles, great stuff. This is old-school levels of good edutainment. :)

Pachimari

Yes the cd-key cannot be traded via steam trading or cannot be gifted via the steam gifting function. It must be redeem or stored for later (but if you are trading for it, you are obviously going to want to redeem it to make sure it is legit).

Yeah, that's what happened with my first trade. I gave the buyer 15 tf2 keys and I got a serial key for Cryostasis right after. :)

That is perfect then. Its value is whatever worth you put on it. I hope you enjoy playing it!

Thank you. :)

Gamechanger! Not really but it kept nagging me. Also can I get some more Endless Space impressions? Somebody?

Gamechanger would be giving us the ability to tag our library instead of using categories.
Add an option for importing community tags.

Well, not only it's 11,24&#8364;, but what really kills this deal for me with finality, that dlcs are 10,43&#8364;, making it 22&#8364;.

I was not aware of dlc. Now it's a really bad daily.

What is the BST thread?

Buy/Sell/Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom