• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

I suspect it's just been delayed, not given a pardon. My guess is that the date has been pushed back six months, to December 31st.

I wish they could improve it (I know, I know) or just drop it.

Been playing Fallout 3. It says it does not require GFWL but when you play it for the first time it tries to log-in. I know you can just press "Esc" or even disable, but Steam should make this clear. Also, it's not stated that they run out of keys for this game. You don't even have a "CD KEY" tab for the game any more and if you want to find out you need to search for this specific game on Steam assistance page.

On their front page they should say: GFWL not needed but you will also get a prompt unless you follow a Tutorial to remove it. Also, we no longer have CD KEYS for you and we might never have them again, but it's okay since you don't "need" them.

However I don't own any DLC for it. If we go to the Store page for the DLC it shows this:

Other Requirements: Online play requires log-in to Games For Windows - Live

I just wish they could be more organized, it's a bit of a mess for some games right now. I'm not sure if I'm going to risk and buy some of this DLC.

Same levels and story, updated graphics,physics, etc.
I am wondering what they could add graphically. Weren't the Metro Games already graphical showcases when they came out?
Thanks

Also, last reminder:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Ship Complete Pack -- MB-1B63EE7CF8D6C944 - Taken by KevMan1815. 23 entrants total.

t1403484664z1.png

I hate it when Steam puts your screenshots up in random order, breaking up your finely crafted narrative.

You could always try uploading the screenshots one by one instead of in a batch. That will maintain the order they were uploaded in. Although anything that's tagged as a spoiler will take lower priority in terms of showing up on the community feed.

Chocobro

Borderlands 2 GOTY and Metro: LL

OR

borderlands 2 GOTY and MGR: revengeance

OR

Metro: LL and MGR: revengeance

Help me GAF.

Definitely Metro and MGR. The only way for me to play through Borderlands 2 was with friends and family, I couldn't play it alone.

UncleO

Can you cross platform play with Borderlands 2?

I have a buddy who just bought it on mac and I want to group up with him.

ArynCrinn

Banned
I am wondering what they could add graphically. Weren't the Metro Games already graphical showcases when they came out?
Thanks

It'll pretty much be Metro games truly optimized for PC/SteamOS and with TRUE next gen "non-consolized" graphics to hold them back. I expect them to be among if not the best graphics show pieces when they release. All things considered Last Light is still one of the top three most impressive game graphically and technically (including 3D Vision support done well) right now...

Turfster

Couple months the base price will drop down to $20-$25.

The point's for him to ragedrunkbuy stuff that's too expensive, isn't it?
(or am I misunderstanding his pointers?)
(I also tried to keep it within halfway reasonable limits, unlike the EA shill that tried to get him to plonk down 400€ for a texture creator =p)

Cru

Good luck

ModBot said:
Instructions for Cru:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning -- MB-1EF284682731BFED - Taken by ArynCrinn. 28 entrants total.
Metro Last Light Complete -- MB-E1334696B89C7152 - Taken by Kiru. 27 entrants total.

t1403484714z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom