• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Even on a 4770k/780ti/16GB Ram?

I'm not sure. I can't quite remember if I had two 670s at the time or just the one. You may be able to get away with the highest setting, but again there's no point to it. Shadow quality wasn't even an option initially -- it was patched in after complaints about there being no advanced tweaks in the options menu.

Either way, thanks for the advice :) I'm still trying to figure out why The Witcher 2 is running so bad for me, for example, so this kind of thing always helps!

Disable UberSampling if you haven't already.

There is a sub-reddit for each indvidual team of the steam summer sale which lasts 10 days lol. I guess there is really a sub reddit for everything.

Toki767

Mine constantly did that before the first boss fight even started, it was when you first see Croc. Crashed at that spot every single time.

I finally got it fixed by deleting and re-downloading, but I so didn't want to do that. :/
It's been smooth sailing after disabling all the DX11 stuff for me so I'm not going to question it. It was a really crappy first impression though.

I already own Rising for the PS3, but I've been waiting for the PC price to come down. Unfortunately, $15 is still a bit much. Guess I'll wait a bit longer. I did however, pick up Battle Block Theater. I'm liking it so far.

Waiting patiently on the Ikaruga 75% daily/flash.

You're a monster. >_<

It's actually the other way around. Last Light makes Redux's existence rather redundant on PC.

Kinda, but hey, depending on the upgrades, for the $7 I paid, I'm okay with it's existence.

SteamGAF hates Borderlands 2 by the way.

I'm part of SteamGAF and I don't hate it.

===

How many MEGAGIVERS do we have hanging around here at the moment?

Erekiddo

I just want both Fallout Ultimate editions to hit $5 again. Then I'm content with this sale.

who am I kidding, I want it ALL!

Decado

I can't decide on Betrayer. Heard it seemed unfinished but I'm not sure if patches improved the game enough. How is the action?

All of the community polls I have voted on have won. And I have only voted because there have been games interesting to me which I didn't have.

Btw, is Mount and Blade: Warband the sequel to the regular M&B?

Mount&Blade is the first game, Warband is the second game.

Warband's big new feature is multiplayer, but there were plenty of other changes as well. It essentially replaced Mount&Blade the First for most people, and almost all modders transitioned over to Warband as well.

Opiate

The Wolf Among us is listed as 8.50. What do I get if I buy this? It's episodic. Do I get all 4 episodes? Do I then need to buy episode 5 later? Or is it just a single episode?

Crayons

Banned
The Wolf Among us is listed as 8.50. What do I get if I buy this? It's episodic. Do I get all 4 episodes? Do I then need to buy episode 5 later? Or is it just a single episode?

You get access to all 4, and then access to the 5th one when it's released

do it

I liked it in co-op. Playing it alone would be kinda boring though.

I guess I'll wait till the next Dailies/Flash/Community and if nothing better comes up pull the trigger.

Was sure the game had big fangroup at some point though. Really weird there's so much disdain for it here.

You get everything, the 4 episodes that are out now and the 5th when it is released. You should get it, it's great. My favorite Telltale title.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

You receive the whole "season" -- four episodes now and the fifth later.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
2D lost?
6a00d8345295c269e201a5116584a7970c-800wi

Gonna grab that Darksiders 2

Eusis

Darksiders 2 (and 1 I guess)
Mount and Blade
Titan Quest
Brutal Legend
I swear to fucking hell it's always these kinds of votes that end up winning. Here's a bunch of SOMEWHAT POPULAR GAMES YOU PROBABLY HAVE versus PRETTY NICHE GAMES YOU PROBABLY DON'T HAVE, and the former seems to invariably fucking win.

Should just mix the games up some more, so you get like Darksiders against Titan Quest or something. I literally have every game in fantasy hack & slash but was hoping for a Half Minute Hero 2 discount if HMH1 won, and Broforce does look awesome. :/
2D lost?
6a00d8345295c269e201a5116584a7970c-800wi

Gonna grab that Darksiders 2
You're a monster.

And missed like 10 mind blowing Darksiders 2 deals prior at that.

cHinzo

U get the whole first season which are the first 4 episodes. The fifth one will be playable when it comes out. It's kinda like a season pass, but for the main game instead of DLCs.

I guess I'll wait till the next Dailies/Flash/Community and if nothing better comes up pull the trigger.

Was sure the game had big fangroup at some point though. Really weird there's so much disdain for it here.

Imo Borderlands 2 had a better story than the first one and if u like to find loot (like myself) you would love this game too, but dnno man. The drop rate of legendaries were quite nerfed compared to Borderlands 1, so the grind was a lot more tedious. Also, playing the same story three times in a row on different difficulties doesn't really help either, but it's surely fun for the first playthrough (and if u got friends so u can just mess around in the world). :d

derExperte

Not sure if I should make fun of a mod for asking this question.

Hmmmm.

Nope.

All of the community polls I have voted on (all of them) have won. And I have only voted because there have been games interesting to me which I didn't have.

Btw, is Mount and Blade: Warband the sequel to the regular M&B?

I wish I had your luck. I've been in the opposite boat. The Fighting game pack losing with the biggest loss to my collection.

You get all the episodes by buying the game. When episode 5 comes out, you'll get it for free.

hawk2025

I'm not sure. I can't quite remember if I had two 670s at the time or just the one. You may be able to get away with the highest setting, but again there's no point to it. Shadow quality wasn't even an option initially -- it was patched in after complaints about there being no advanced tweaks in the options menu.

Disable UberSampling if you haven't already.

Got it, thanks a ton :)

Shackzam

I hate steam community for not letting broforce be on sale. Please let it be on another sale please. Lord have mercy on my pitiful source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom