• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I tried not to post this but...

giphy.gif

AcridMeat

Banned
Damn sad I missed the valiant hearts error. Game looks great.

I haven't been following the thread too closely so someone probably already brought it up, but has anyone else noticed some flash deals not actually being additional discounts, but rather just putting them on the front page? I noticed it a couple times in other sales but it's been a handful already this sale. For instance right now Mirror's Edge and Next Car Game. IIRC Tomb Raider as well.

Chariot

there's plenty of people on steamtrades selling it for $4-$5 equivalents

I feel shitty about giving people profit just for waking up early or whatever, but at the end of the day $4 seems fair to me when realistically the game won't be that price for quite a while

$10 tho is just.. what? the price mistake was $0.13
Yeah, certainly a dickish move. And then those justifications. "Well, they buy it, its their choice."

This thread has become hell for mobile users.
I have pictures deactivated by default on mobil. I open them if they may be interesting.

Opinions: I just sold all of my backlog of steam trading cards for mad cash (made about $3) which is enough for Fallout: New Vegas (without expansions).

Is it worth it? The only other fallout I played was a bit of the original when it was free on gog a year or two ago. It was reasonably fun, but I know this is a very different experience... that said, I'd mostly be going in blind.

And if it is worth it, is it worth it to chip in $5 and get the ultimate edition with all of the extras?

DeS3InY

Opinions: I just sold all of my backlog of steam trading cards for mad cash (made about $3) which is enough for Fallout: New Vegas (without expansions).

Is it worth it? The only other fallout I played was a bit of the original when it was free on gog a year or two ago. It was reasonably fun, but I know this is a very different experience... that said, I'd mostly be going in blind.

And if it is worth it, is it worth it to chip in $5 and get the ultimate edition with all of the extras?

If you enjoy a good storyline get the ultimate edition.

Ibuki

Banned

The DLCs are really good, but even just the base game has an amazing amount of content. If you even remotely enjoyed Fallout 1, you will enjoy New Vegas.

Buy the ultimate edition. All worth it IMO

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I may not be seducing people who are doing giveaways to rig them to get me Child of Light and Valiant Hearts before putting them for giveaways
iCyl7rQc0NTGW.gif

Caerith

The DLC are really good and you're better off getting the ultimate edition than trying to buy them piecemeal later.

+1 for the "buy the ultimate edition" column. Some of the best DLC of the last generation for $2. You'll kick yourself later if you don't get it now while it is on sale.

Also just ordered myself a GTX 770 card today. That was the last piece I needed to complete my first PC. Now I will actually be able to play the games I've been buying. :D

My purchases so far:
Rogue Legacy
Tomb Raider ROW
Can't Stop Laughing Bundle
Skyrim
Terraria
Dragon Age: Origins
Age of Empires II HD + The Forgotten Expansion

I'll probably pick up Brothers today as well. Not a bad sale so far, but I didn't bother with the last Steam sale.

I've only played Skyrim so far, but I'm liking it a lot more than I thought I would. However, I'm about 10 hours in, and the walking around for long periods of time not knowing where I'm going is starting to get a little old.

Chariot

I missed a Go Go Nippon giveaway while i was afk. :(

i guess i'm not going to nippon any time soon.
That game isn't that good anyway. Better watch a documentary about japan or travel yourself (which is absolutetly not far more expensive and timeconsuming than a game, but you get the idea).

Hugstable

Banned
Is any of the DLC for Arkham Origins worth going for? Thinking about picking it up but don't know whether that DLC is essential or worth the price. Might pick up Enslaved also, didn't even know the game was on PC til I saw it in that Giveaway earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom