• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Okay, sorry, stopping. Back to games.

Positive Hardcore will win the community choice due to uber cheap games. They're still good games, but I'm guessing most people have them from bundles.
I don't mind any of them, won't buy any. They should just shell out Visual Novels instead of repeating the same stuff they already did :(
Jesus fucking christ, people.
Cut that shit out.

And now we all know why I normally browse in image-less mode.
Jesus is fucking WHOM?!

angel-wesley-dance.gif

More like:

giphy.gif

rtcn63

Haven't been keeping up, any word if KF2 will have native controller support? I know it's a PC-centric game that requires precision ms/kb controls, but I'd personally like the option. I suck regardless.

Wait, what is happening with valiant hearts exactly?

Basically, it went really cheap on the Russian store; lots of people bought extra copies of it and began trading the extra copies for Team Fortress 2 keys, amongst other items. There were quite a lot of giveaways for it. Some entrepreneurial individuals are selling them at a slightly discounted rate despite having picked them up for close to nothing. It has died down from a few hours ago now really.

EDIT: Unless you mean there has been some news about it very recently, in which case I seem to have missed it. But that's the basic outline of what happened a few hours ago if you were asking about those events.

Opinions: I just sold all of my backlog of steam trading cards for mad cash (made about $3) which is enough for Fallout: New Vegas (without expansions).

Is it worth it? The only other fallout I played was a bit of the original when it was free on gog a year or two ago. It was reasonably fun, but I know this is a very different experience... that said, I'd mostly be going in blind.

And if it is worth it, is it worth it to chip in $5 and get the ultimate edition with all of the extras?

IMO the best of the DLC is Lonesome Road and Old World Blues. The other two are meh. The thing about FONV though is the amount of quality quest mods, a couple of which are better than official DLC.

I have beaten both Arkham games on the PS3 and loved them both! Is Arkham Origins worth it?
Would say that the gameplay can piss you off sometimes, seeing they changed the timing and speed. IMO, it has the best story of the 3 games. totally worth it, at that price.

Jeremy

Basically, it went really cheap on the Russian store; lots of people bought extra copies of it and began trading the extra copies for Team Fortress 2 keys, amongst other items. There were quite a lot of giveaways for it. Some entrepreneurial individuals are selling them at a slightly discounted rate despite having picked them up for close to nothing. It has died down from a few hours ago now really.

Let me just reiterate: 13 cents.

13 cents.

IMO the best of the DLC is Lonesome Road and Old World Blues. The other two are meh. The thing about FONV though is the amount of quality quest mods, a couple of which are better than official DLC.

Thanks (to everyone who gave their opinion on this).

Any recommended mods? Or should I handle it the same way I did skyrim and just go buffet style over at the nexus?

-MD-

I have beaten both Arkham games on the PS3 and loved them both! Is Arkham Origins worth it?

I haven't played it myself but impressions lean towards it still being a good game but the weakest of the 3. I'm personally skipping it so I don't get burned out on Batman before Arkham Knight comes out.

Just a reminder for anyone thinking about getting FF3, the games random battle encounters can be very annoying at times.

So if your someone who's not familiar with old school 90's jrpgs where you get into an encounter every five steps you might want to skip this one.

rtcn63

Jesus is fucking WHOM?!

I think the bigger issue isn't the content, but the numerous bandwidth-stalling gifs. Particularly for mobile users and those with heavily strict caps. Or slow PCs. It wasn't too long ago I was using a 550mhz pentium 4, so i get it.

Turfster

I think the bigger issue isn't the content, but the numerous bandwidth-stalling gifs. Particularly for mobile users and those with heavily strict caps. Or slow PCs. It wasn't too long ago I was using a 550mhz pentium 4.

Oh, it's the content too.
Usually, it gets slapped down quickly in normal SteamGAF, but this thread moves too fast and we've got way too many new people, I guess.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
keys added wiki hasnt been updated in awhile :/

or maybe devs just arent releasing keys I guess

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

It has the best story, use of characters, music and acting out of all the Arkham games. If you loved the other two games and don't mind Origins being a copy-paste of City you will have a blast

-MD-

Whats the website where you trade TF2 keys for games?

TF2outpost I think but I don't use that, I just use steamtrades.com and steamgameswap on reddit.

Man I want Banner Saga but I'm too cheap. Even for the 3.5-4 key price lol. Decisions decisions

Banner Saga has been near the top of my wishlist for awhile now but I'm just flat out broke at this point, that's a winter sale game for me for now.

Caerith

Dead Money was my favorite. I would have loved an entire game like that...

I really liked Dead Money, but the way it played didn't really feel like it fit with the rest of the game. I'd certainly welcome an entire game like it, though.

I think the bigger issue isn't the content, but the numerous bandwidth-stalling gifs. Particularly for mobile users and those with heavily strict caps. Or slow PCs. It wasn't too long ago I was using a 550mhz pentium 4, so i get it.

I think the issue is that if you turned images off, you'd have page after page of no content whatsoever.

Concept17

Its amazing. It looks pretty ok (meh on the GAF scale), probably due being an MMORPG, but as such its dense. The maps aren't that big, but they're full of things to explore, quests to do, monsters to slay. Almost every quest is something special with cut scene and a story behind, no simple "kill 5 rats" or "collect 7 flowers". If you have something like that, there is surely more hiding behind it. It has a strong lore and plays with quests. Heck, there are a lot of quests where you don't have to fight anything at all and really hard quests were you have to think outside the box. At some point I had to decode morse (and find out, that I had to decode morse code).
Gameplaywise it has no level- or classsystem. You have a skillwheel with 525 skills you can more or less combine as you wish to make a build that fits your style. With countless option to fit yourself for every situation (to swap for single and group play e.g.)

Watch a CGI Trailer
Watch the Launch Trailer

Just look into it a bit, I love this game and am pretty sad it has so few players.

Thank you. How low is the population?

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
It has the best story, use of characters, music and acting out of all the Arkham games. If you loved the other two games and don't mind Origins being a copy-paste of City you will have a blast

Congrats on winning my thing. PM me your steam name so I can trade ya the game for free. Sorry for messing up the modbot key thing again.

firen

Yes, it's not as good as the other two IMO but it's well worth it especially at that price.

Would say that the gameplay can piss you off sometimes, seeing they changed the timing and speed. IMO, it has the best story of the 3 games. totally worth it, at that price.

Seems to be a yes(?)

I haven't played it myself but impressions lean towards it still being a good game but the weakest of the 3. I'm personally skipping it so I don't get burned out on Batman before Arkham Knight comes out.

I was afraid of that possibility as well but I think I'll pick it up regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom