• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yes, because a couple of swearwords is a lot worse than shitting up a thread with page after page of non-relevant images of women and arguing which one is hotter. smh.

as opposed to "GO RED GO?" posts and "guys, this game is 50%, do you think it will go lower?" posts :p

Dr.Acula

Banned
Saoirse Ronan almost destroyed this thread, lol. Quite an accomplishment for a completely normal looking young woman.

#teamIdontgettheobsession

Videospel

Oops, added money to my Steam wallet and gotta wait for the funds to be verified. Only 12 hours though, not too bad. And I didn't even want several copies of Valiant Hearts for almost nothing anyway so...
Hnnnnnggghh... sour grapes etc.

Chariot

Yes, because a couple of swearwords is a lot worse than shitting up a thread with page after page of non-relevant images of women and arguing which one is hotter.
Even if you think that it's wrong and unfitting, don't you think you could say that in a less agressive tone, especially after a mod already said something?
No offense intended, I'm just irritated by people who ahve this angry writing style.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of MGR:R, I'm still trying to learn how to play it lol. I managed to finish chapter 1 today (crazy chick with multiple arms) but I was mainly just button mashing and I don't think that's how the game was meant to be played
This video basically saved the game for me, because I was thinking of dropping it in frustration before I even got to the first chapter boss.

EDIT: beaten 9 pages ago

I feel like I'm one of four people who genuinely loved Dead Island, picked up Riptide yesterday hope it's as good.

When i first played Dead Island on the PS3 i thought it was okay. I did not play co-op though. I gave up playing Riptide due to the framerate on the PS3 again.

Playing it on co-op in PC is awesome. Riptide is more of the same which is good.

Chariot

Thank you. How low is the population?
I don't really know. There are a few servers, but within the servers they're different instances so the small maps don't get overpopulated. I can't really tell. Enough to play with I would say and few enough to not destroy the atmosphere.

Thanks (to everyone who gave their opinion on this).

Any recommended mods? Or should I handle it the same way I did skyrim and just go buffet style over at the nexus?

These are quest mods, Beyond Boulder Dome, NV Bounties 1 & 2, The Rockwell quests (there are three), Project Brazil (which is an alternate beginning), New Steve Bison. These are some of my fav's. I have so many quest mods on FONV that it changes the game dramatically from the original. So if you haven't played through the game or all the factions, do those first before the add on's. Because you will not know what was original to the game and what was a mod story add on.

r3n4ud

Even if you think that it's wrong and unfitting, don't you think you could say that in a less agressive tone, especially after a mod already said something?
No offense intended, I'm just irritated by people who ahve this angry writing style.
It's just that we regular SteamGAFers put up with this in the monthly Steam threads. Now we have to see these pics in the sales thread but on a bigger scale due to there being more folks here :/

Chariot

How do I even use it to get games, im logged in but my searches don't work to find games.
Does it look like this?

jjIDv1ebUsrdS.png
It's just that we regular SteamGAFers put up with this in the monthly Steam threads. Now we have to see these pics in the sales thread but on a bigger scale due to there being more folks here :/
I can understand it - but before I just didn't know. If more people would explain it calm like you, instead of cursing or just writing that they're out, things would pretty clearer.

-MD-

Saoirse Ronan almost destroyed this thread, lol. Quite an accomplishment for a completely normal looking young woman.

#teamIdontgettheobsession

I think it's because she's like the most attainable looking celebrity out there so poeple gravitate towards that.

Turfster

I started typing before Zeliard posted.
I'm currently typing one-handed and in pain, so yeah, I'm angrier than usual.
Doesn't change that it was thread-shittery that would usually not be allowed.

as opposed to "GO RED GO?" posts and "guys, this game is 50%, do you think it will go lower?" posts :p

Just... no. Not in the mood.

These are quest mods, Beyond Boulder Dome, NV Bounties 1 & 2, The Rockwell quests (there are three), Project Brazil (which is an alternate beginning), New Steve Bison. These are some of my fav's. I have so many quest mods on FONV that it changes the game dramatically from the original. So if you haven't played through the game or all the factions, do those first before the add on's. Because you will not know what was original to the game and what was a mod story add on.

Thanks for the list. One of the major reasons i bought a gaming pc was to mod FO3/NV as they were my favorite gaming experiences of the last generation. :D

Is there some way to delete items from your inventory? I have some TF2 backpack and really don't want it, nor do I want all of these emoticons and backgrounds.

45 minutes to go. Second to last repost.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=842420.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (OrlanisWorks, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Metro 2033, Risen, and Sacred Citadel -- MB-9D999DCF647E0153 - Taken by Dragon1893. 31 entrants total.

t1403738406z1.png

Mokoi

Banned
Has counter strike been cheaper than what it on sale for right now?

---

Another reminder for those who missed.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

PGP3OVL.png
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (GOG) -- MB-994C822F1672BCE5 - Taken by Dambrosi

t1403738656z1.png

Woffls

Do you ever stop and think that maybe Valve run Steam sales mostly to increase the value of their platform so they will surely dominate PC gaming for the rest of eternity? Once they've got us... the sales might just stop...

Girl in hammock ain't all that.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Contain the thirst GAF.

I blame today's weak sales and Team Red.

rtcn63

I started typing before Zeliard posted.
I'm currently typing one-handed and in pain, so yeah, I'm angrier than usual.
Doesn't change that it was thread-shittery that would usually not be allowed.

Wasn't it you (or someone else) who posted a massive GoT spoiler pic early in sale thread one? May have been the poster who commented below you at the time, and I'm just confused.

Haven't been on this thread all day... Wow. Things got weird around here.

Not my favorite day for sales thus far, but they did sell me on Mirror's Edge, so that's something.

"You have spent approximately $9.85 USD in the store since the sale began."

So far this has been the least damaging Steam Sale I've been a part of.

I have a game or two sitting for "final day," but I'm not even 100% on those.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
just got the necessary money for FF7. is it a good port?

Yeah it's pretty solid, in that they finally replaced the MIDI music that plagued the original PC release. They also added Steam achievements, which are kinda cool.

Thanks for the list. One of the major reasons i bought a gaming pc was to mod FO3/NV as they were my favorite gaming experiences of the last generation. :D

Is there some way to delete items from your inventory? I have some TF2 backpack and really don't want it, nor do I want all of these emoticons and backgrounds.

Bethesda rpg's are why I got back into PC gaming as well. As for your items, sell them in the Steam community marketplace.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
just got the necessary money for FF7. is it a good port?

Its a classic. From what I hear the PC version had butchered music but that was fixed through an official or unofficial patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom