• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember, 90% of the megagivers are bundle & free key dumpers.

I know, but there's still at least some people who get excluded based on it, it seems... and now that we're in sale mode with a ton of new posters in here (it seems like it anyway)... chances that MEGAGIVERS would kind of restrict entries to SteamGAF is a slight plus considering the next game I'm considering giving away.

You're a MEGAGIVER, aren't you? :)

That's an amazing misunderstanding of causality, my friend :p

Unless he's George Costanza.

Almost time to vote.

YSgcZ2T.gif

lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
good lord at this hooker o_O

yes, you go see your "friend" in his room... see you back in 10minutes

I have a pretty big backlog and probably won't be able to get to it for a couple months, but do you think I should go for the Tomb Raider $5.00 deal now? Do you think there's any chance it might go even cheaper within the next couple months? Thanks.

OmegaDL50

I don't :D Waiting for that super special price on Legendary before I put 10000 hours into the game.

Skyrim Legendary is already a daily deal. It won't be getting any lower then what it's at for the rest of the sale.

$13 for the game and all add-ons is reasonable.

MBison

I have a pretty big backlog and probably won't be able to get to it for a couple months, but do you think I should go for the Tomb Raider $5.00 deal now? Do you think there's any chance it might go even cheaper within the next couple months? Thanks.

It's possible but you're looking at 3.99 at best? 2.49?

AsylumX

I'm slightly disappointed with this result... I really wanted to grab Luftrausers, Half Minute Hero and Broforce... Well maybe next time, I'm still hoping for and Indie day or something like that...

Edit: Oh... and GO PINK!!!

I wanted Darksiders II. Though I suppose I should get further into the first one before I start the second...but I definitely have enough 2D action shit.

Finally managed a single win on that damn M&M's movie contest, after like 5 tries around the house. $5 into Steam and the strategy humble bundle = mine.

Aurarian

Definitely now. You may save a little more during the winter sale, but I don't think that much more honestly.

OmegaDL50

If Mortal Kombat doesn't get at least one daily / flash sale. I'mma have take one of you other folks not on the purple team and Fatality the shit out of you.

Turfster

I know, but there's still at least some people who get excluded based on it, it seems... and now that we're in sale mode with a ton of new posters in here (it seems like it anyway)... chances that MEGAGIVERS would kind of restrict entries to SteamGAF is a slight plus considering the next game I'm considering giving away.

Nope, most of my giveaways were over the course of the past year, I haven't given away much in the last few months.

ArynCrinn

Banned
Skyrim Legendary is already a daily deal. It won't be getting any lower then what it's at for the rest of the sale.

Off topic, but, I like your avatar. That mofo better be in MKX with the same boss Victory pose as ever! Really hope his costume has a alt just like the original too.

If Mortal Kombat doesn't get at least one daily / flash sale. I'mma have take one of you other folks not on the purple team and Fatality the shit out of you.

Water Burst em'!

Kanokare

Sorry I don't mean for this sale. Maybe holiday sale it might be cheaper somewhere, who knows. I just don't have time for it so the cheaper the better else I'll wait. Back logs need loving too.

Toki767

You're going to give out The Witcher 3 aren't you? 😛

Mozendo

Huh? I was about the buy the GOTY for 11€. Some even suggested the game earlier.
Why the divide?

Is it really a bad and unfun game?

Also last minute The Ship here.

My opinion?
First hour is fun, but it quickly starts to get repetitive, especially end game where enemies are basically bullet sponges.

You get to see all the guns early on, the only way to get the really good guns is to use those golden keys which destroys the purpose of it being a loot game. While you can get decent guns from enemies and quests the ones from the golden chest are so much better.

Story is not that great, the main antagonist's personality changes near the very end of the game and it's really really bad and it feels forced.

Also spoiler for BL1 & 2
So remember the guardians in Borderlands 1? They don't make an appearance in Borderlands 2 despite being protectors of the vaults. Why? No reason, Borderlands 2 didn't even acknowledge they existed.

Then there's the little things like the characters constantly talking during fights, even with subtitles on it can be hard to see with hectic fights going on, the memes /jokes are just terrible and unfunny (but that's an opinion I guess).

As a fan of the first borderlands I found 2 to be below average.

Eusis

I hate steam community for not letting broforce be on sale. Please let it be on another sale please. Lord have mercy on my pitiful source.
I'm pretty sure every listed game eventually shows up as either a flash or daily so we don't get screwed over because of a shitty popular vote. Still, sometimes those community votes can give games a second chance so it'd kind of lame when something that got a daily AND a flash AND was on sale countless times beats out something that had its first sale ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom