• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajjaja

That settles it. I gotta do my part to motivate some of the core of SteamGAF to be more generous. ;)
Scrounge up some keys to give away in the next few hours, Saj. I have a feeling you might want in on this.

I don't have 25 keys! I've been giving stuff but not on this thread =(

Eusis

Wait, that won with 86% of the vote? Jeez LOUISE

The 2D - Retro had Broforce, and Hammerwatch (which actually seems like a good buy at 2.49), and fuckin' Luftrausers. :(
I thought I read 56%? Did I misread? That'd make more sense, or at least I'd fucking HOPE the fact a lot of those games came in bundles and could be gotten for really cheap for awhile now would've balanced out the fact they were ostensibly more popular games.

Btw. I played some Mitsurugi something something yesterday and the game can be finished in like 1 hour on the first playthrough.

The gameplay isnt really strong, but for that 1 hour it was okay.

6CEEDDBC81A8EFED2C1422276E7624A5C8D31994

natertots

Battleblock actually looks pretty cool. To those who bought or played, is it any fun? Style reminds me of some old newgrounds flash game for some reason. Or Castle Crashers.

BBT is so fun. The platforming is great, the MP/COOP is fun, and the level editor and endless content makes the game a no brainer at 3.74$

I bet end of August

Would be nice to have it sooner but that'd be pretty good for me as it's before uni starts back up. Current summer is brutal for me(8-5 MTWT) so I have very little free time.

Is X-Rebirth any better at this point? The launch version seemed so fundamentally poor in design that I couldn't see it becoming something legitimately worthwhile.

LiK

wrong prices for Flash sales on main page. Check the store page for the game to see the real sale price.

edit: they fixed it

OmegaDL50

So guys what should I pick?

FPS-RPG for Fallout / Deus Ex or Strategy for Civ V?

I already own all of them, but I will pick for the GAF community.

I hate steam community for not letting broforce be on sale. Please let it be on another sale please. Lord have mercy on my pitiful source.

Usually flash deals will cycle into community vote, and vice versa. Even if something doesn't end up with a daily, it usually ends up on sale at one point or another.

The one thing I will warn you about though is that this isn't necessarily true 100% of the time... there was a game I wanted the flash discount on in the winter sale and it was in community vote... but it never came around to flash and wasn't a daily.

That said, it's usually the case... my guess is broforce will end up as a daily alongside some of the other missed community votes like the fighting games (MK9, AE, KoF13)

Dansk

Neo Member
Torn on voting for FPS-RPG or Strategy-4x. I already have all of the games out of the 8 that I have any interest in. While Civ V is great, it seems like it is always on sale somewhere, so maybe I should just go for FPS-RPG and help stragglers get Fallout:NV and Deux Ex:HR...

Toki767

I don't have 25 keys! I've been giving stuff but not on this thread =(
There is definitely a strong case to make that most people who are mega givers have probably spent less than most people actually giving games that more people want rather just emptying unwanted bundle keys.

Not really sure how you'd go about fixing that issue though.

Kadin

Why does the Darksider series get compared to Zelda so much? I played the first one for a few hours and I honestly didn't see any comparison. Maybe I simply didn't see it the way others do. On that note, I'm considering the 2nd one for $5.99 since I know many people think it's pretty damn solid.

Anustart

GAF, the dream is dead. Was going to grab Sleeping Dogs after I got my Mars money at 12am Eastern. It was a flash sale :( Those dogs shall forever remain sleeping and I can't do anything about it.

derExperte

Usually flash deals will cycle into community vote, and vice versa. Even if something doesn't end up with a daily, it usually ends up on sale at one point or another.

The one thing I will warn you about though is that this isn't necessarily true 100% of the time... there was a game I wanted the flash discount on in the winter sale and it was in community vote... but it never came around to flash and wasn't a daily.

That said, it's usually the case... my guess is broforce will end up as a daily alongside some of the other missed community votes like the fighting games (MK9, AE, KoF13)

There were a bunch of games that didn't appear again after losing the vote during the last sales. BUT most of them then became daily deals after the sale ended.

denx

Voted for RPG - FPS.

You guys should just vote for whatever I vote for since pretty much all my votes have won the community choice.

Doomedfool

I already own 3 out of the 4 fps titles, and I kinda want Fallen Enchantress. I really don't think the 4x group has a chance in this vote though.

How does Titan Quest compare to Torchlight 2? I bought it last year but it didn't grab me like TL 2 did.

That's funny you should say that. I'm the exact opposite. I can't seem to get into Torchlight 2. I don't really care for the art direction and the skill trees seem to have a lot of useless skills.

I like the setting in TQ more (yay Greek/Roman mythology) and mixing and matching the various masteries allow for many classes.

So, I've been dumping my M&Ms contest winnings into amazon gift cards, which is great, but I'm assuming I could just as easily be putting them in my Steam wallet, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom