• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I remember watching this as a kid. Never played the game.

Johnny_Bond_Jr_box.jpg

There was a James Bond Jr. game?

After two hours of Shovel Knight (And I only stopped because the power went out) I must said that IT'S AWESOME.
The music is just amazing, one of the best soundtracks I've listened in ages.

Indeed. I'll be making a webm shortly of something early game just to give people an idea of the awesome.

It even has cards!

Anteater

So

Ikaruga
Danmaku Unlimited 2
Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION

which one should I get (if they're on a flash/daily?), I have a feeling none of them will be and on the last day I think I'll probably choose between Ikaruga and Danmaku Unlimited since they are cheaper.

ikaruga is 5 bucks at 50% off...will it go lower you think?

We're running out of days and haven't even seen it in the list of community votes or as a flash sale. Even if it does go lower, c'mon man... it's fucking IKARUGA. Is the possibility of saving another $1.50 or something really going to stop you from buying it?

Fuck this sale mentality. ^_^

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
well, decided against the bioshock pack, because it doesn't include all of the dlc for infinite.

gone home seems interesting and dragon age origins seems a good price to get it at

Don't even know how steam cards work and been on steam for over a year. Going to try and figure it out one day lol.

o_O

Games that have cards will give you X drops where x is <total number of cards>/2 rounded up.
Once you have exhausted those card drops, you will be eligible for a booster pack randomly given out.
If you want to level up your steam profile, get wallpapers and emoticons (and a coupon for a discount of some random game), then you work on acquiring the rest of the cards. Either by trading with friends or buying them from the community market.
If you have no interest in your cards, you sell them on the community market and valve gives you the majority of the listing price in steam credit when it's bought by another user.

That's pretty much it.

Anteater

We're running out of days and haven't even seen it in the list of community votes or as a flash sale. Even if it does go lower, c'mon man... it's fucking IKARUGA. Is the possibility of saving another $1.50 or something really going to stop you from buying it?

Fuck this sale mentality. ^_^

No but if he saves 1.50 and another 1.0 on another game he could probably pick up another shmup to go along with it.

Toshin

So

Ikaruga
Danmaku Unlimited 2
Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION

which one should I get (if they're on a flash/daily?), I have a feeling none of them will be and on the last day I think I'll probably choose between Ikaruga and Danmaku Unlimited since they are cheaper.

I picked up clover deluxe..very fun, ikaruga I might wait to see whats up but i might just cave for 5...unsure on the other....

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
The internet claims so. Just googled and it was one of the pics that came up.

james%20bond%20jr%20likes%20men--article_image.jpg

Fuck me, it's Uncharted.

static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Features/2008/07/Bond%20girls/pre%203D/james%20bond%20jr%20likes%20men--article_image

bert-and-ernie-reactigaj7l.gif

Isn't Rough a sonic character why does everything devolve into sexy furries

The "awesome" fan art thread won't produce content by itself.

No but if he saves 1.50 and another 1.0 on another game he could probably pick up another shmup to go along with it.

You can always save more by waiting longer.
It's simple. If you want the damned game and you're going to play it, buy it.
If you're afraid it's going to go lower, wait until it's a daily or a flash/community deal, or wait until the last day of the sale and pick it up during the encore day.

Simple as that.

In Ikaruga's case -- if you like shmups you should have already bought it the day it came out to support Treasure and encourage them to bring more titles to Steam. :p

Anteater

You can always save more by waiting longer.
It's simple. If you want the damned game and you're going to play it, buy it.
If you're afraid it's going to go lower, wait until it's a daily or a flash/community deal, or wait until the last day of the sale and pick it up during the encore day.

Simple as that.

yeah that's what I meant

In Ikaruga's case -- if you like shmups you should have already bought it the day it came out to support Treasure and encourage them to bring more titles to Steam. :p

I haven't been a big fan of shmups, I used to play a few on arcades and snes back then but I'm willing to give it a try, along with many other games on steam's backlog.

Nobody's being defensive you are just saying dumb things?

The point of that thread was not to encourage it to appear cheaper, I didn't want to have to wait for zero reason and I have seen community reps post on things like that before. So I tried.

Guess I am a total fucking dumbass maneil, I'm fine with that.

yeah that's what I meant

I know, I get the logic. But a huge majority of this sale thread is people asking other people if <game> is going to go lower before they buy.

The answer is pretty much always the same... some speculation maybe, but the core of it all is what I put in my last post. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom