• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

cicero

Cicero! Haven't see you around, glad to catch you here my good man! :)

Hello there! Thank you for the cordial greeting!

My old PC has been dying a slow death for the past 3-4 months and I had been spending way past my budget throughout the holidays and beyond due largely to these Steam threads, so I thought it was a good time to take some time off and revive my passion for reading books, at least until I could build a new PC so I wasn't continuing to buy games I couldn't play that is.

The_Monk

I was surprised to see Capcom wasn't doing more aggressive price protection a la Square.

They had games like Resident Evil 5 and the Lost Planet series with decent discounts last sale. The date said very clear that they were going to stay that way until the last day of the Steam Sale. I was saving all these for the "last minute purchase". Two days later and they removed all the discounts putting the games back to Full price... :/

I'm never going to get these games.

OmegaDL50

Nice...more links.

I'll be using this stuff once I get MK9.

I am even surprised that Goro, Kintaro, and Shao Kahn have a full moveset available to them in game like they were always meant to be playable, just never enabled as such.

Although I'd like to see if Cyborg Reptile and MK1 Reptile are able to be enabled...you fight both of them in the Tower quest thing. If the costumes and moves exist then they must be somewhere in the data to be used.

StAidan

Bummed at that last community vote, but comforted by the fact that I just sold some poor sucker a +1000 token for $9.

Biochet

these flash sales

89e1.gif

Pachimari

I have voted on the winner 11 out of 11 times. So see this as your next community deals:

FPS - RPG ;)

Anyway, I only voted for that one thanks to New Vegas but seeing how it have apparently been cheaper before, I should have voted for Strategy. If that one wins I'm gonna go for Gods and Kings DLC for Civilization V.

The_Monk

Hello there! Thank you for the cordial greeting!

My old PC has been dying a slow death for the past 3-4 months and I had been spending way past my budget throughout the holidays and beyond due largely to these Steam threads, so I thought it was a good time to take some time off and revive my passion for reading books, at least until I could build a new PC so I wasn't continuing to buy games I couldn't play that is.

Sorry to hear about your old PC but reading is never a lost cause. Here's hoping the best! :)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Supernatural really is the best source of GIFs ever

Saiyan-Rox

What do you lot think the chances of MGR coming back on sale later?

I know steam has a habit of reashing the same titles on their sales but knowing my luck -_-

ZeroCDR

They had games like Resident Evil 5 and the Lost Planet series with decent discounts last sale. The date said very clear that they were going to stay that way until the last day of the Steam Sale. I was saving all these for the "last minute purchase". Two days later and they removed all the discounts putting the games back to Full price... :/

I'm never going to get these games.

Yeah I saw that garbage, and I really wanted RE5. I was able to turn some of my TF2 metal junk into keys and was able to trade two for a copy thankfully.. Hope it loses gfwl soon.

LiK

I know steam has a habit of reashing the same titles on their sales but knowing my luck -_-

probably in the last day with the Encore Sales if it was popular enough

All I know is my gut says maybe.

You have until 10AM PST Tuesday to get it at 50% off though so plenty of time.

going through my groupees profile, found some unused desura keys
ModBot said:
Instructions for Widdly Scuds:
Go Team Pink
pinkteam

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
Cognition Episode 2 The Wise Monkey (desura) -- MB-C034A0CA5688F9D0 - Taken by TheMadMan007
ulgzbKC.png
Cognition Episode 1 The Hangman (desura) -- MB-19C963B5BF1B4799 - Taken by Colby

ArynCrinn

Banned
Nice...more links.

I'll be using this stuff once I get MK9.

I am even surprised that Goro, Kintaro, and Shao Kahn have a full moveset available to them in game like they were always meant to be playable, just never enabled as such.

Although I'd like to see if Cyborg Reptile and MK1 Reptile are able to be enabled...you fight both of them in the Tower quest thing. If the costumes and moves exist then they must be somewhere in the data to be used.

Honestly for MK1 Reptile it's probably just a skin swap within the game code, as for Cyborg Reptile, not sure? Did he have a move set all his own or borrowed from the "cyborg set" of moves? Aka normal Cyborg's in Story plus Cyrax/Sector/CybSub?

cHinzo

I've been told that the game has LAN, if it does should be playable via Tunngle.
Gonna check for it tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up. So frustrating to buy something and not getting it work. Ruined many games until I get it to work after hours of searching for a fix (Torchlight 2 NAT problems, Payday 2 connection lost from hosts, Guardian of Light d/cs, damn Borderlands 2 which was unplayable online in the first few weeks and had to play it Lan. Surprisingly had no problems with Gamespy in the first game).

Eusis

Son of a bitch, this thread is making me have second thoughts on Lost Planet 3.

Eh, probably still skip since it's tight and I'm mainly holding out for DSII, M&MX, and some smaller stuff.

Kadin

You can't get it since it's US only. But basically it's text MOVIE to 78787, maybe get $6.
Never heard of this until now. Just entered via bday and email and got a $6 winner. Is it like that for everyone who first signs up? Now have a 16-digit Mastercard code I guess I can use for anything at Amazon even though it says it's for streaming movies.

Either way, very cool... and thanks guys, love free money!

Saiyan-Rox

All I know is my gut says maybe.

You have until 10AM PST Tuesday to get it at 50% off though so plenty of time.

Was that a futurama quote xD the planet of the neurtal people if memory serves.

If I die tell my wife....hello

Shame I don't get paid till Thursday tho! Hmmmmmmmmm

I'm looking for a cheap and most likely old game to Let's Play this Halloween. It's got to be able to run on weak systems (like Intel Integrated Graphics weak) and preferably be either super scary or super goofy. The only other criteria is that it's horror themed in some way. Anything I should be looking out for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom