• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
GAF, the dream is dead. Was going to grab Sleeping Dogs after I got my Mars money at 12am Eastern. It was a flash sale :( Those dogs shall forever remain sleeping and I can't do anything about it.

I know your pain, I missed Skullgirls earlier today because I thought sleep was nore important :(

OmegaDL50

Why does the Darksider series get compared to Zelda so much? I played the first one for a few hours and I honestly didn't see any comparison. Maybe I simply didn't see it the way others do. On that note, I'm considering the 2nd one for $5.99 since I know many people think it's pretty damn solid.

It has the same progression as Zelda title more or less.

A hub-like overworld, and individual dungeons. Each dungeon you get an item to help you progress.

Like Link getting the Hookshot or Bow and most his newly obtained items needing to be used to solve some of the puzzles of the dungeon, well Darksiders is similar in this regard.

I think Darksiders has better combat though.

cHinzo

I'm quite surprised people are wanting Lost Planet 2. GFWL has ruined the whole game as u need to download some kind of patch which is impossible to do now. Can't even get co-op (the sole reason to buy this game) to work. Anyone knows if Lost Planet 3 has co-op? I heard that game didn't have GFWL integrated, but they removed the co-op part of the game?

zkylon

zkylewd
Air skin dev just posted this

http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791433998055#announcements/detail/1388547564448964643

air 2.0 soon

uVL89ak.png
ew

too much white

On Amazon right, yeah well I didn't have the money at the time unfortunately, there was also the minor issue that I had to choose between Injustice and MK at the time.

And I already own MK9 on the PS3.

Really I just want the PC release because of mods. Being able to play as the bosses in versus mode and ladder just sounds interesting.

Also move list edits and custom costumes much like the SF4 PC edits.

I can't enjoy that stuff on my console version.

Where can I find mods for MK9? I might pick the game up if the mods are decent.

Oublieux

GAF, the dream is dead. Was going to grab Sleeping Dogs after I got my Mars money at 12am Eastern. It was a flash sale :( Those dogs shall forever remain sleeping and I can't do anything about it.

Don't despair. I feel like it's likely it would show up again as a daily deal.

ArynCrinn

Banned
On Amazon right, yeah well I didn't have the money at the time unfortunately, there was also the minor issue that I had to choose between Injustice and MK at the time.

And I already own MK9 on the PS3.

Really I just want the PC release because of mods. Being able to play as the bosses in versus mode and ladder just sounds interesting.

Also move list edits and custom costumes much like the SF4 PC edits.

I can't enjoy that stuff on my console version.

You can also mod the music and the old announcer sounds back in too! It's great.

"Spectacular", "Excellent", and of course the OG "Finish Him".

I got my main title theme and even I think the Shang Tsung stage theme set to this. :D

Kadin

It has the same progression as Zelda title more or less.

A hub-like overworld, and individual dungeons. Each dungeon you get an item to help you progress.

Like Link getting the Hookshot or Bow and most his newly obtained items needing to be used to solve some of the puzzles of the dungeon, well Darksiders is similar in this regard.

I think Darksiders has better combat though.
So would you say it's similar enough that any diehard Zelda fan most likely will enjoy it, the 2nd one that is? Figure I'll just get this one now unless I really need to try and finish the first... first.

jholmes

I voted for the bundle with New Vegas and Deus Ex HR. I have them both on console and have already beaten them there, but I'm more likely to buy one of those again than buy another copy of Civ V.

Anyone here played Planetary Annihilation and have impressions? Got it earlier today and looking forward to playing it, I spent so much time with the first Supreme Commander and the scale of the game looks absurd.

OmegaDL50

So would you say it's similar enough that any diehard Zelda fan most likely will enjoy it, the 2nd one that is? Figure I'll just get this one now unless I really need to try and finish the first... first.

Well I only own the first Darksiders too and I liked it. I'm buying the 2nd game as well.

So if you buy it as well. We'll both be going blind into the game.

DasFool

I voted FPS RPG but the only one I don't have there is Nether. Looking at the store, there are three buy options with different in-game currencies attached. Is this a free-to-play game or not? The reviews seemed quite negative too. Something seems fishy about a 2 week old release getting 80% off.

My opinion?
First hour is fun, but it quickly starts to get repetitive, especially end game where enemies are basically bullet sponges.

You get to see all the guns early on, the only way to get the really good guns is to use those golden keys which destroys the purpose of it being a loot game. While you can get decent guns from enemies and quests the ones from the golden chest are so much better.

Story is not that great, the main antagonist's personality changes near the very end of the game and it's really really bad and it feels forced.

Also spoiler for BL1 & 2
So remember the guardians in Borderlands 1? They don't make an appearance in Borderlands 2 despite being protectors of the vaults. Why? No reason, Borderlands 2 didn't even acknowledge they existed.

Then there's the little things like the characters constantly talking during fights, even with subtitles on it can be hard to see with hectic fights going on, the memes /jokes are just terrible and unfunny (but that's an opinion I guess).

As a fan of the first borderlands I found 2 to be below average.

Finally someone carefully takes his time to explain his opinion.

This makes much more sense. Jokes are not good, huh? I don't like Burchs stuff at all, so that's a big downside. But if there is lot of it here... eh, not looking good.

Well, saved 11€ for something better.

Thanks again for your explanation. Very helpful.

Mozendo

I'm quite surprised people are wanting Lost Planet 2. GFWL has ruined the whole game as u need to download some kind of patch which is impossible to do now. Can't even get co-op (the sole reason to buy this game) to work.

I've been told that the game has LAN, if it does should be playable via Tunngle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom