• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
jackie_chan_sharks.jpg

Why would they use both

DOUBLE ACHIEVEMENTS

ModBot said:
Instructions for blackMamba1187:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dyad -- MB-7390A723C62259B2 - Taken by JawesomeJaw. 21 entrants total.

t1403487563z1.png

Regiruler

Friend bought me the DMC 3 + 4 bundle. I've heard the port is mediocre for 3, any way to fix it, or has it already been patched or whatnot?

Sorry if too offtopic.

cicero

Strategy 4x NEEDS TO WIN. Fallen Enchantress for $8!

This is why I voted, for Fallen Enchantress DLC (hopefully it is at least 75% off), and probably Dominions 4 as well. Hopefully I can find a trustworthy Russian to help me with those, Skyrim Legendary Edition, and the Metro Redux pre-purchase bundle.

dorkkaos

voted for strategy as well! I still need brave new world xpac haha. Man, I wonder if they'll ever discount RE4 :( Still waiting on it.

Mozendo

Finally someone carefully takes his time to explain his opinion.

This makes much more sense. Jokes are not good, huh? I don't like Burchs stuff at all, so that's a big downside. But if there is lot of it here... eh, not looking good.

Well, saved 11€ for something better.

Thanks again for your explanation. Very helpful.
Sorry if that was really bare bones, there's really not that much to say about it in my opinion.

If you're looking for co-op games and if you own the original Half-Life try the Sven co-op mod. It's by far the best co-op I've ever experienced.

Blue-kun

Voted for Strategy since getting Brave New World was always one of my priorities for this sale. And man, I gotta say I wasn't paying much attention to Steam lately, but there's been some sort of crazy boom of doujin games released, huh?

Grabbed eXceed 3rd JADE PENETRATE Black Package and Crimzon Clover for real cheap, and I'm feeling VERY tempted to pick up Astebreed as well. Just wondering if it won't see a bigger discount, so I'm holding off for now.

Still, I'm happy that it's a lot easier to support the guys who make those games now, because having to import or get it from japanese websites was always such a pain.

Toki767

These are supposedly unclaimed according to ModBot but I am not positive so I apologize in advance if they've already been taken.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-BCBC176C86D0B641 - Taken by tycoonheart
Mark of the Ninja -- MB-CD92155C085EA5F1 - Taken by Nibiru
Bastion -- MB-C59AB48D6E43B2FB - Taken by tiny raptor
Crysis 2: Maximum Edition -- MB-08628EB50FF109A8 - Taken by Spring-Loaded

OmegaDL50

Honestly for MK1 Reptile it's probably just a skin swap within the game code, as for Cyborg Reptile, not sure? Did he have a move set all his own or borrowed from the "cyborg set" of moves? Aka normal Cyborg's in Story plus Cyrax/Sector/CybSub?

MK1 Reptile basically had his MK2 Classic costume but the moveset was identical to MK1 Reptile, Ice Ball, Spear, Slide, Teleport Punch...basically mix of Scorpion and Sub-Zero combined.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR3Bsz4x9EM

As for Cyborg Reptile - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoblcYEEqwM
Complete original costume with Reptile's moveset. Why they didn't include as some sort of bonus costume to use in the versus mode is baffling when it exists to be used.

Voted for Strategy since getting Brave New World was always one of my priorities for this sale. And man, I gotta say I wasn't paying much attention to Steam lately, but there's been some sort of crazy boom of doujin games released, huh?

Grabbed eXceed 3rd JADE PENETRATE Black Package and Crimzon Clover for real cheap, and I'm feeling VERY tempted to pick up Astebreed as well. Just wondering if it won't see a bigger discount, so I'm holding off for now.

Still, I'm happy that it's a lot easier to support the guys who make those games now, because having to import or get it from japanese websites was always such a pain.

It is good, that we have publishers like SekaiProject, NyuMedia and Playism now.

Rather random but does anyone here know why Battlefront 2 is unplayable without plugging something into the headphone jack of your desktop? Can just be a cord attached to nothing!

Want to buy Darksiders II but still havent played the first one from the last summer sale...

I've voted 8 times but havent gotten any cards from it? Am I doing it wrong?

What's the maximum number of possible votes you could have done in the sale by now? I have 11 and feel like I haven't missed one, but just making sure

dot

Does anyone know if the old summer badge counts as a game badge?

I don't think you can craft the old summer badge anymore, can you? It will probably count as a regular game badge if it works.

What's the maximum number of possible votes you could have done in the sale by now? I have 11 and feel like I haven't missed one, but just making sure

I missed one, so 11 is right.

Got some Humble Bundle codes for these:

Warframe Booster Pack-Taken by Stephen_drewz
EVE Online: Trial Key
EVE Online: Rifter Ship Skin
Landmark 1-Week Closed Beta Key
SMITE - Almighty Zeus

Whoever first PM me asking for the any code get it.
One code per user
Get em while its hot!

Oublieux

I don't think you can craft the old summer badge anymore, can you? It will probably count as a regular game badge if it works.

No, it's still craftable; just the cards are not frequently available on the market usually. It seems like it is now simply because a Steam sale is going on and people are rampantly selling their stocked inventory of cards.

Deitus

Nah, I don't think you missed one. I didn't check the number last time I voted, but your vote should be a multiple of 3 for the 5 AM (EST) vote, so if you are one shy of that you are right on track (unless you missed 3).

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

It's great that a lot of them are arriving on Steam, like One Way Heroics, and more are coming, like Paca Plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom