• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinluck

These are supposedly unclaimed according to ModBot but I am not positive so I apologize in advance if they've already been taken.

Well, I just sent the PM, we'll see in a second. Not getting my hopes up though.

Man I went in this year. I need to stay away or I'll keep spending money.

ArynCrinn

Banned
MK1 Reptile basically had his MK2 Classic costume but the moveset was identical to MK1 Reptile, Ice Ball, Spear, Slide, Teleport Punch...basically mix of Scorpion and Sub-Zero combined.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR3Bsz4x9EM

As for Cyborg Reptile - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoblcYEEqwM
Complete original costume with Reptile's moveset. Why they didn't include as some sort of bonus costume to use in the versus mode is baffling when it exists to be used.

Hmmm, that is strange, wonder how the modding scene hasn't figured how to unlock them as it were by now...?

Anustart

Got everything ready for the Pink team victory celebration!

WoFLVzn.png

Jht4KAe.png

8Wx2aIm.png

But do you have :pinkteam: ? Got it today :3

Got some Humble Bundle codes for these:

Warframe Booster Pack-Taken by Stephen_drewz
EVE Online: Trial Key
EVE Online: Rifter Ship Skin
Landmark 1-Week Closed Beta Key-Taken by BurnMuhBread
SMITE - Almighty Zeus-Taken by DarkLegion

Whoever first PM me asking for the any code get it.
One code per user
Get em while its hot!

dot

You can. The cards have no expiration date and there are still a ton left (foils are beginning to dwindle, though).

You can. And it's cheap, worth a try.

No, it's still craftable; just the cards are not frequently available on the market usually. It seems like it is now simply because a Steam sale is going on and people are rampantly selling their stocked inventory of cards.

Ah, okay. This will be good to know for future reference.

Got everything ready for the Pink team victory celebration!

Dreamhouse Party needs a bigger discount. It's unlikely but i'm gonna laugh if it has a flash/daily sale.

hmmm i voted strategy on my end..i wanna try Civ....i have never...EVER tried a Civ game yet... any tips?

the last strategy/rts game that i played was like C&C Generals , Blitzkrieg and WH40k Dawn of War II

and that was like 3 years ago ;_;

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ugh, fucking Valve taking advantage of my fragile mind. Crafting last summer's foil badge with free MM money.

Better now than later. I check on the amount of cards remaining once in a while as I bought a set of foils when the sale ended and there were 400-odd of each about six weeks ago. I won't be surprised if that drops to <100 by the year's end.

XOMTOR

What's the maximum number of possible votes you could have done in the sale by now? I have 11 and feel like I haven't missed one, but just making sure

If you just cast a vote for the newest set "FPS-RPG & Strategy 4x" then you should have 11 votes under your belt so you haven't missed any.

Crayons

Banned
DLbYFcy.png

Hah

Game is Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale if you're wondering. I already own it, but I always look forward to this game going on sale so more can experience it.

Pachimari

I don't know why it says Mystery Game #1, but it's The Ship.

ModBot 3 said:
Instructions for Madridista:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-7CC7BD28D9624E66 - Taken by someguyinahat. 28 entrants total.

t1403488911z1.png

Turfster

Better now than later. I check on the amount of cards remaining once in a while as I bought a set of foils when the sale ended and there were 400-odd of each about six weeks ago. I won't be surprised if that drops to <100 by the year's end.

Some people are already trying to cover the market on the cards.

1cmanny1

If you don't vote for the strategy bundle, I will be very mad indeed. I want Dominions 4, and every man and his mother have the other games in the RPG bundle.

Eusis

This team disparity just seems too massive to believe it is legitimate.
It's actually how even everyone else is that throws me off more. It's one thing if one team was ahead by a lot while everyone else was REALLY mixed up, but for it to be so exactly even? It's really suspicious looking, especially 3 days in a row. One of my guesses is that maybe everyone's scores raises by a set amount all the time, thus people may give up crafting if they'r enot on the winning team and eventually the differences even out, but I'd still expect to see SOMETHING of a difference.

If that guess somehow legitimately pans out however then they failed by an insane amount this time. Buying games should get you points period, and thus inherently screw with the scales from people who are in a team but don't pay much attention otherwise.

Why do the Community Votes always result in the worst choice?

We could've had Luftrausers, BroForce, etc. Jeeze.

80% discount across the board. It was already over.

Won't buy battleblock because a) it just came out so it will be $2.49 in future sales and b) It might show up in a Humble Bundle. I'm literally haggling over a couple of dollars.

Turfster

I'm kinda shocked the community voted for these games.

They had the highest percentage, and they had blood and fighting!
The next one that'll win the community vote, is the FPS one because it has pewpewpew and slightly better percentages.

Maybe this can make those sad faces over the lame daily deals turn a little brighter. FREE FOR ALL but mostly Desura.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
Humble Frozenbyte Bundle (Desura) -- MB-2701C14C53E0A30C - Taken by lindarasta
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Bundle 3 (Desura) -- MB-28CFA67A8EDF0748 - Taken by biRdy
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Bundle 2 (Desura) #2 -- MB-DB9625B040064BFA - Taken by xninjav
ulgzbKC.png
Hard Reset, Jolly Rover, Vertex Dispenser, DLC Quest (Desura) -- MB-581E12C46300DDF8 - Taken by PoemOfTheLastMoment
ulgzbKC.png
Dungeons of Dredmor (Desura) -- MB-73233A0EC2A8A72C - Taken by Amir0x
(redeem on thesims3.com) The Sims 3 -- MB-D592FFA2099A976D - Taken by The Dear Leader
(redeem on thesims3.com) The Sims 3 Date Night DLC -- MB-57F8F79C545E50F3 - Taken by fernandes
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Bundle 2 (Desura) -- MB-A6823FD7794F6A0C - Taken by TheMadMan007
vRvbDCu.png
crysis 2 maximum (Origin) -- MB-2D57C71AFB33A5B1 - Taken by Nibiru
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Introversion (Desura) -- MB-EE3D52FF3BB0C35B - Taken by tmarques
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle (Desura) -- MB-08F4D7FD7AF8CDFA - Taken by Darth Kupi
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Frozenbyte Bundle (Desura) #2 -- MB-A63BE1FAB7697087 - Taken by SSPssp

EDIT: Anybody who likes me can friend me on steam, I'm SWThompson08

Vibranium

Banned
Why the hell is Fallout New Vegas Ultimate only offered at 66%? That's crappy.

Luckily I got this fantastic game with everything a long while ago.

Bought Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning since I only got Skullgirls today. Sold a few cards, to make it not make too much of a dent on my wallet. I heard the game is good, but it's easy as heck near the end. Also, you can make better weapons then you can loot. Not too big of problems for me. As long as the combat is as enjoyable as I heard, it should be fun.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I can't hate people not voting for a 33% discount. Teach them to always go big!

Should I even bother crafting more badges today, or just save them for another day when there is actual competition?
There is no competition. Craft one on the day you know your team will win so you get a chance at the 3 free games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom