• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm liking the Steam sale so far..Picked up:

-Metro Last Light Complete
-Brokenline DLC for State of Decay
-Payday 2 (kinda sucks with the AI)
-Chronicles of Mystrara
-Ducktales Remastered

I'm hoping Transistor goes on sale and that should be it...=)

Won a day with the Red Team, but since then it's been rough...lol

tav7623

I'm looking for a cheap and most likely old game to Let's Play this Halloween. It's got to be able to run on weak systems (like Intel Integrated Graphics weak) and preferably be either super scary or super goofy. The only other criteria is that it's horror themed in some way. Anything I should be looking out for?

Well you could check out Shadow Man which is currently on sale for $2 and comes with some (imo) interesting hidden goodies (a strategy guide, a "map", a free digital comic, and a soundtrack) in the game's program files.

Eusis

I'm kinda shocked the community voted for these games.
After prior sales I'm not. I keep bringing it up because it's the example that sticks to mind strongest, but KotOR had a bunch of $2 sales and was up again two other games, one of those that only ever gone on sale once, and STILL KotOR won the vote, by over 50% I think, and the forums had everyone cheering the victory.

I just have no faith in the Steam community to pick games that had rare deals. It's probably like expecting the masses to vote for a deal on, say, Dragon Quest or even Zelda over Skyrim or Halo, despite the fact the latter two have gone crazy cheap.

Voted FPS, as I'd pick up Nether for 3$.

BTW, I have an extra 1 and 2 of the summer cards.
Any chance someone in here has an extra 3 and 8 that would hook me up via trade since I can't buy from the market?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bought Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning since I only got Skullgirls today. Sold a few cards, to make it not make too much of a dent on my wallet. I heard the game is good, but it's easy as heck near the end. Also, you can make better weapons then you can loot. Not too big of problems for me. As long as the combat is as enjoyable as I heard, it should be fun.

The game's easy in general. At no point is it difficult.

dot

Nah, Wrasslin is first.

tumblr_mxf15oNRrX1rziwwco1_500.gif

That's what I figured. I wanted to help out my team, but I guess there is no real point.

Wait, you get a card from every badge you craft, not just one a day right?

Sure. But each day you contribute points for your team, you get 1 card. So if you wouldnt buy anything on one day, but still craft a badge, that gives your team 1 point, you get a card at the end of the day for that.

Oh yay, I crafted another badge and got another inventory for another free to play game I will never play bound to my account.

If I have 0 items in my inventory and do not have the game installed, I should be able to delete or, at the very least, hide it.

Deitus

Sure. But each day you contribute points for your team, you get 1 card. So if you wouldnt buy anything on one day, but still craft a badge, that gives your team 1 point, you get a card at the end of the day for that.

Oh, maybe I missed that in the rules. So you basically get 2 cards for crafting 1 badge a day?

Edit: Sure enough, it does say that. Whoops, guess I should have crafted badges the first 3 days.

Got some Humble Bundle codes for these:

Warframe Booster Pack-Taken by Stephen_drewz
EVE Online: Trial Key
EVE Online: Rifter Ship Skin-Taken by Scrum
Landmark 1-Week Closed Beta Key-Taken by BurnMuhBread
SMITE - Almighty Zeus-Taken by DarkLegion

Whoever first PM me asking for the any code get it.
One code per user
Get em while its hot!

Edit: Codes that have been taken and codes that are still available

Thanks for Sims 3, hardcastlemccormick. Been wanting to play a Sim's game for a while. :)

Might as well try to get that DLC too. I probably should have made them a duo. If you want the instructions for redeeming that key PM me.

I knew Desura keys were pretty low-demand, but I figured some of these Humble bundles would move a little quicker.

KiDdYoNe

Don't be sad about Broforce, it's still coming sooner or later. Darksiders II is a really good, solid game, but sometimes there are a moments when you just falling with love with it. Maybe it was just me, maybe not — who knows. Anyway, wanted to give you a chance to ride on a horse, fighting a badass guy with the great music on the background. I'll never forget that moment in my life.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Darksiders II -- MB-7645BFDFA1C4EE96 - Taken by TuckingFypo

header_292x136.jpg

t1403499363z1.png

Might as well try to get that DLC too. I probably should have made them a duo. If you want the instructions for redeeming that key PM me.

I knew Desura keys were pretty low-demand, but I figured some of these Humble bundles would move a little quicker.

I actually just entered for the DLC also, might as well, and The Sims 3 just redeemed right through Origin so hopefully the DLC does as well.

Anyone else having trouble with trades not going through? Trying to trade for summer cards I don't have has been a bitch.

I've had it tell me that the trade didn't go through and to try again later, only to find out that it actually went through. So don't cancel it or anything; just stick it out.

subtleglitch

Neo Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you supposed to get a summer adventure card if you contribute a point to your team--if it's not the winning team?

I know you're supposed to get two cards if you're on the winning team..but yeah, I don't recall getting a card each day, and I've been giving points to the almighty Blue Team each day.

derExperte

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you supposed to get a summer adventure card if you contribute a point to your team--if it's not the winning team?

I know you're supposed to get two cards if you're on the winning team..but yeah, I don't recall getting a card each day, and I've been giving points to the almighty Blue Team each day.

yes

need to be level 8

dot

Yes, if you contribute at least one point even if you're on the losing team, you get a free summer adventure card. So it would be wise to craft at least one badge per day.

Right team blue? ;-;

Zomba13

When you contribute a point you get 1 card at end of day if you lost and 2 if your team won. You get one summer card every badge you make and every $10 spent.

firen

I don't think you can craft the old summer badge anymore, can you? It will probably count as a regular game badge if it works.

I missed one, so 11 is right.

I have 9/10 cards...if I collect all 10, that's all I need right? I'm honestly not sure.

You should. At the end of the day. What Steam level are you?

Sorry about your luck landing on blue.
Also a blue here.

Kadin

Taken from the Steam page.

Anyone who contributed points to that win will get 2 bonus Summer Sale trading cards. Everyone else who contributed points that day will get 1 bonus card.

Not like it's unique to Japanese devs.

Yeah. Its not. I know that.

I always wonder why they use uncompressed moviefiles. The same happened with MK and Injustice.
Like 3/4th of the size of these games are just movie-files that, even though they are uncompressed, look totally bad.

Blue-kun

Yes, if you contribute at least one point even if you're on the losing team, you get a free summer adventure card. So it would be wise to craft at least one badge per day.

Right team blue? ;-;

It's okay, our day will come tomorrow. And then people will find out it's not actually rigged or someone else will win to help "prove" it's not rigged!

Team Blue is suffering.

Strider

So are any of the current Community choice games worth getting?

I'm gonna go ahead and vote for Strategy - 4x but I'm not expecting it to win. I'd pick up Civ V at that price.

You are. You can double-check this by going to your Badges page and clicking on the "How do I earn cards?" link for the Summer Adventure badge. It'll show you the breakdown of how you earned your cards.

Weirdly, it doesn't seem to count cards you got from crafting other badges in the total. Your guess is as good as mine for why.

Enthus

Am I the only one waiting for Final Fantasy XI to go 66% off? November was the last time that game had a deep discount.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
State of Decay does a piss poor job of explaining itself for you, but once you notice it's a resource management game and that you should level up your base so you can passively level up other members of your party and switch between them when your main character gets too tired, it gets a hella more interesting.

I'm glad I bought it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom