• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

I have 9/10 cards...if I collect all 10, that's all I need right? I'm honestly not sure.

Yeah, just one more card and you can craft it.

0vOvS.gif

147.gif

So, after a couple of days I've picked up:-

Ikaruga
Risk Of Rain
Gunpoint
Battleblock Theater
Marlow Briggs & The Mask Of Death

All for way under a tenner. What a deal!

Yeah. Its not. I know that.

I always wonder why they use uncompressed moviefiles. The same happened with MK and Injustice.
Like 3/4th of the size of these games are just movie-files that, even though they are uncompressed, look totally bad.

They aren't uncompressed if they take still look bad, video takes up a lot of space. Your average 2 hour blu-ray for example is anywhere between 30 and 40 GBs. Final Fantasy XIII had a ton of video that was encoded at 1080P and looked amazing, took something like 30 up as well.

subtleglitch

Neo Member
You are. You can double-check this by going to your Badges page and clicking on the "How do I earn cards?" link for the Summer Adventure badge. It'll show you the breakdown of how you earned your cards.

Weirdly, it doesn't seem to count cards you got from crafting other badges in the total. Your guess is as good as mine for why.

Ah, thanks for that! That's quite useful. According to that info, I have earned 4 cards...although every morning when I load up steam I never see a notification for my inventory, so I just assumed I wasn't getting a card. Weird.

State of Decay does a piss poor job of explaining itself for you, but once you notice it's a resource management game and that you should level up your base so you can passively level up other members of your party and switch between them when your main character gets too tired, it gets a hella more interesting.

I'm glad I bought it.

I liked that aspect, but somehow the base-building isnt really done well I think.

They aren't uncompressed if they take still look bad, video takes up a lot of space. Your average 2 hour blu-ray for example is anywhere between 30 and 40 GBs. Final Fantasy XIII had a ton of video that was encoded at 1080P and looked amazing, took something like 30 up as well.

Even if they are encoded, they did a piss poor job with those.

i have a 100+ blue gifs for blue's rise tomorrow

hopefully the other 3 aren't plotting to like troll us and just steal 1000 points per second tomorrow :p

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Reposting for late night GAF: So there is this tough as nails Steam RPG gem called Inquisitor that I bought yesterday and couldnt stop playing for 14 hours. I just put up a thread for it to convince some people to grab it for $3 before I go back to playing MOAR:

tdCm7j1.jpg

If you like well big amounts of well written story text, challenging games, exploring game mechanics to figure out the best way to handle situations instead of being told what to do and can look past the issues the game undoubtedly has, Inquisitor might just turn out to be one of the most interesting RPGs you ever played. Objectively judging the whole package its probably in the 7/10 range, but I noticed that for certain players, this game might just turn out to be quite a bit more than that.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=842309

And most recent impressions after I just finished chapter 1:
Alright, phew. I am done with chapter 1 after 24 hours. There is still some smaller side quest stuff left to do in the mines, but I'll take care of that later and can finally stop my binge gaming session for now.

I gotta admit.. the way the game managed to present the story, how you got to know about any incidents and how it was resolved... was very, very satisfying. If I had paid $5 for that first chapter alone, I'd be a happy man already. 24 hours of extremely challenging, very rewarding and ultimately absolutely lovely orc slashing, exploration and witness torturing. There are a few more elements that the game throws at you while progressing through the story, but I dont want to spoil them here, just saying that the overall package of this game is utterly enchanting.

This one quickly ramps up to rank among my favourite RPGs ever <3

Reposting for late night GAF: So there is this tough as nails Steam RPG gem called Inquisitor that I bought yesterday and couldnt stop playing for 14 hours. I just put up a thread for it to convince some people to grab it for $3 before I go back to playing MOAR:

Didn't you post this earlier under a different name before deleting it and replacing it with "nvm"?

kiri

Spelunky and Darksiders II. GET!

I'm done for the night, folks. See you tomorrow. (Or later tonight to the EU Gaffers)
I'm considering getting these two but can't decide if it's worth it or not. I only have a passing interest in both; anyone want to talk them up for me?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Didn't you post this earlier under a different name before deleting it and replacing it with "nvm"?

It was the same name, I was posting it 4-5 times now in this very thread at different times to reach different people reading it.

And I was indeed replacing it with "nvm", because I was posting it 5 posts later on the new page 5 hours ago. It was the last time I posted it though since I covered 24 hours in the steam thread, so dont worry. No further Inquisitor spam by me.

It was the same name, I was posting it 4-5 times now in this very thread at different times to reach different people reading it.

And I was indeed replacing it with "nvm", because I was posting it 5 posts later on the new page 5 hours ago.

Coulda swore it was a different name. Crap I think I'm losing my mind

FinKL

Unfortunately, Steam doesn't have a technical support # and I'm wondering if someone has gone through the same problem.

I bought Borderlands 2 + Borderlands GOTY edition when I meant to buy Borderlands 2 Game of the Year edition. I've already sent a support ticket, but wondering if I should go ahead and buy BL2 GOTY and hope they refund the 1st purchase?

Blue-kun

As a somewhat of a newbie to Steam sales, here's a quick question: assuming Strategy - 4x doesn't win the community vote, does that mean Civ V (or any of those other games) can't show up later as a Daily/Flash deal for the rest of this sale? Or they might still avaible in another kind of sale in case they don't pop up there?

zkylon

zkylewd

i wish videogames could still entertain me for 14 hours straight

Hey Madridista, thanks for the Mystery Gift! (Which was, by the way, a The Ship 2-Pack.)

So I've got a copy in my library, and a copy in my inventory somehow. Unfortunately, I don't see a way to turn it into a code and re-gift it through ModBot, so let's make this interesting. While you guys are posting wrestling gifs, and in honour of Team Green, first person to post an amusing .gif of The Hurricane (Gregory Helms the wrestler, not that boxer guy) will get my gift copy. I'll add you to my Steam list and I'll trade it to you for nothing.

GO!

r3n4ud

And I was indeed replacing it with "nvm", because I was posting it 5 posts later on the new page 5 hours ago. It was the last time I posted it though since I covered 24 hours in the steam thread, so dont worry. No further Inquisitor spam by me.

Bah. Spam all you want Toma. Your post is much more interesting then 75% of the crap said in here anyways.

Thanks for the impressions.

Anustart

As a somewhat of a newbie to Steam sales, here's a quick question: assuming Strategy - 4x doesn't win the community vote, does that mean Civ V (or any of those other games) can't show up later as a Daily/Flash deal for the rest of this sale? Or they might still avaible in another kind of sale in case they don't pop up there?

They could pop up in the other categories.

Is this like Champions of Norrath, Dungeon Siege etc?

Unfortunately, Steam doesn't have a technical support # and I'm wondering if someone has gone through the same problem.

I bought Borderlands 2 + Borderlands GOTY edition when I meant to buy Borderlands 2 Game of the Year edition. I've already sent a support ticket, but wondering if I should go ahead and buy BL2 GOTY and hope they refund the 1st purchase?

Prepare to wait 2-3 days for steam support to answer you and telling you some "solutions" that doesnt have anything to do with your problem.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

They still could show up as flash/daily deals. Ex. Spelunky didn't win community vote, it's now a flash deal.

They may still show up at a later point.

Only been three days and it's my first sale.
But I already bought many games.

EYE Divine 0,99€
Far Cry 3 Deluxe 7,49€
The Ship 0,99€
Natural Selection 2 3,44€
Metro 2033 1,99€
-----------------------------------
Total: 14,90€

More than I thought when I consider that none of my bought games were planned.
And I hear the last couple days are filled with good deals.

Try to only buy stuff that's >5€. 5-10€ only if it's a very good deal.
How do you manage or what are budgets/game prices?

Hugstable

Banned

Is this your first game you are going to get a refund on? Last time I checked like 2 years, they had a policy where they refund one game. Under that circumstance though, I can see them refunding it, but Steam Support usually takes awhile before they answer a ticket. Probably even longer considering how busy they probably are during the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom